Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
A game for 15 players.

The Original Dark Hospital Thread

The last iteration of the Shima Hospital we saw was in 1993. Amazake-Babaa (Power of Pecota) took control of the hospital and has lay dormant in it's current abandoned state. Tales of what happened in 1993 spread throughout Japan, and nobody dared enter the facility to test the truth of the horrific murders that occurred inside of it.

15 young, brave japanese youths long part of a Japanese horror message board had exchanged ideas towards venturing the Hospital for quite a while. The thread was titled "THE DARK HOSPITAL REVISITED?"

"The stories can't be real. Let's go explore it together and find out once and for all." one of them wrote in a post.

"Real is my father never coming back from his shift one night. Something definitely happened there." replied Kenji Yokoyama, his father a Surgical Technician during the 90's in the Shima Hospital. Due to radiation concerns, the entire area was zoned off and only government officials could visit the area.

"I want to go only to find his remains" he stated in another post. "My family will be able to rest."

"It's really dumb, but I want to explore the hospital. If it's my time to go, it's my time to go." another added.

They gathered around 2 A.M. a block in front of the Hospital. It was a nondescript December night. Some packed lightly - just a change of clothes and water. Others had flashlights, radiation detectors and enough food and drink to last weeks.

Kenji exhaled slowly. His breath lasting a little bit longer in the cool air. He could've sworn it resembled the ghosts his father would mumble about in his sleep before he saw it dissipate.

"Here we go." he said. They all walked toward the hospital as flashlights bounced off the building.

A face pushed against a partially cracked window on the 3rd floor, staring down below at the intruders.

Amazake-Babaa salivated.

Waiting.

-------------------------------------

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Rules

~ Players will be handpicked. Sign up and if I know you are active, you will be able to play in my game. If you're in more than 2 games, you will have a harder time getting in if others would like to play. I've had a huge problem with activity, shitposting and just general lack of effort in games I've ran in the last few years so I'd like people to actually contribute.

~ Do not quote my private message to confirm anything. You will be mod-killed. You can edit your posts directly after you make them, if you're caught by the forums, you will get a warning. Two of those and you're subject for a modkill. I'm not too strict on it but just make another post if you think you'll get caught by the edit.

~ Days will last 3 days usually, 4 at the most.

~ New players are encouraged! I will take you over vets!

~ Do not be mean to people. It's only a game. We're all just trying to have fun.

- Lynches will be majority.

- All town will have private messages with the quote "You win when all evil has perished".

Players

1. Asiina (dead N3)
  2. Big Nothing (dead N1)
  3. Byers2142 (dead D2)
  4. Dugong
  5. Ernie. (dead N2)
  6. Fat Turkey
  7. Hal Incandenza
  8. King Burgundy
  9. Kleedrac (dead D1)
  10. Murmur Twin (dead N4)
  11. Opopanax (dead N2)
  12. Pinterest Mom
  13. Poque (dead D4)
  14. Samfucius
  15. Somberbrero

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 8, 2015

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I mean, I don't mind if you're in a few games as long as you're able to stay active pretty much! Just always notice people in more than 2 games seem to shift attention on the most important days of each thread which leads to lurking for most of it.

3 spots left, unless I missed somebody.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
1 spot left!!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Full!

Unfortunately it filled up a little slower than I anticipated so I can't get roles out right away (work) but either Tuesday night or Wednesday night (better chance) they should be all sent.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
PM's going out shortly.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The 15 entered through the doors, not knowing quite what to expect. The noises from upstairs became more frequent and louder as they traversed the hallways.

One of them fell far from the pack, exploring by themselves in one of the ER units - the rest of them heard a scream that wasn't quite human. Baba struck, and her soul was inside one of them now.

If that wasn't a welcoming, well... I don't know what is.

It is now Day 1.

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (15): Asiina, Big Nothing, Byers2142, Dugong, Ernie., Fat Turkey, Hal Incandenza, King Burgundy, Kleedrac, Murmur Twin, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom, Poque, Samfucius, Somberbrero

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 27th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 days, 2 hours.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Ernie. posted:

i'm just imagining deadbeat dad checking his game every few hours and going 'STILL WITH THE ORGY poo poo, WHAT THE gently caress'

:circlefap:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
By the way I'm on call for work, probably going in so I may not be here for the deadline so I just ask nobody posts after 11 PM EST / or the hammer.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm back. Eating. Let me catch up / flavor will be here in the next 30 or 45 mins!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Anno snuck around and kept getting scrapes and cuts on him that nobody else got.

"You okay?" one of the others asked.

"Yeah, just being clumsy." Anno replied.

The more paranoid members of the group whispered to each other.

"I think he's possessed. Nobody else has even seen anything yet.. well.. except the guy that disappeared."

Anno grabbed the big sword on his back and practiced hitting the air in one of the candlelit rooms. His swings more furious as he became more anxious from the situation in the hospital.

He heard somebody step up behind him.

"Don't turn around. I'm sorry. We can't chance this."

His neck snapped and he thudded to the ground, his sword startling Amazake-Babaa 2 floors away.

Kleedrac (Anno Aoki) :h: Town-aligned Vanilla has been lynched D1.

Send in night actions. You have 24 hours.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
The loss of life was palpable in the air.

Kenji Yokoyama layed on the ground - blood splattered across his body and his eyes rolled back as if his spirit was sucked out of him.

He was the one that rallied everybody here, and now their leader was easily dispatched of. Was this the work of Babaa? Or something entirely different?

"Are there traitors in the group? Have spirits worked their way into us already?" whispers were heard all around and now everybody was getting a little paranoid.

They closed the door and blocked it with a hospital stretcher obviously abandoned in the hallway so that nobody entered the room ever again.

He never found his father.

But maybe in a way he has.

Big Nothing (Kenji Yokoyama) :h: Town-aligned Hacker has had his soul ripped N1.

It is now Day 2.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Deadline is in a little bit.

I can extend it til tomorrow night (just didn't want a 5 day game day) if people want, need at least 6 people that would like to extend to do that though.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
gently caress it, since weekend deadlines are lovely anyway I'll move it.

9 pm Monday nerds!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Fixed, I added it when he didnt add the vote action a few days ago~

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Votecount for Day 2

Samfucius (6): Ernie., Byers2142, Pinterest Mom, Murmur Twin, Byers2142, Byers2142, Fat Turkey, Dugong
Byers2142 (3): Somberbrero, Opopanax, Samfucius
Poque (2): Asiina, Byers2142, King Burgundy, Byers2142
Asiina (1): Poque
Ernie. (0): Samfucius, Samfucius
Somberbrero (0): Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
Hal Incandenza (0): Fat Turkey, Fat Turkey, Samfucius, Samfucius
Opopanax (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 04th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 34 minutes.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Deadline in 50 minutes.

:siren:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
In case of a tie, it's whoever gets the next vote on them (I'll allow an hour on it and if nobody budges only THEN nobody will be lynched).

Basically, if it ends in a tie, it's not a no lynch - just so everybody is clear and no foolery happens!

edit: You can technically no lynch in the future if needed, but you have to actually vote for it

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 5, 2015

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
:redhammer:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Ki and Akagi were at the top of the hospital, surrounded by a few of the others. The rest were sleeping.

"You did it! You killed Kenji last night. It just doesn't make any sense why you're denying it." one of the 13 left, shouted at Akagi.

"It honestly wasn't me - look at Ki! He's been acting weird as hell for no reason."

"Are you kidding me? How am I acting weird? I've been forthcoming from the beginning. I sat in front of Matsuno's door so he couldn't get out, or get hurt."

The rest were split on who they thought was guilty. Both of them? None of them? One of them? Trust hasn't been very tangible since they've entered the hospital.

Ki escaped view from the others and sat on the edge of the hospital.

Akagi was pleading his case when everybody's eyes lit up. He kept talking, he thought he was amusing them. Then one of them yelled, "Akagi, stop!"

Akagi turned around and looked at down.

Ki jumped off the roof, his body twitching on the cement.

Byers2142 (Ki Takeru) :h: Town-aligned Jailer has self-hammered D2.

It is now N2. Send night actions.

I'll have like 30 minutes of twilight since this was a particularly crazy day.

Final Votecount for Day 2

Byers2142 (7): Somberbrero, Opopanax, Samfucius, Hal Incandenza, Poque, King Burgundy, Byers2142
Samfucius (5): Ernie., Byers2142, Pinterest Mom, Murmur Twin, Byers2142, Byers2142, Fat Turkey, Dugong, Byers2142
Poque (1): Asiina, Byers2142, King Burgundy, Byers2142, King Burgundy
Ernie. (0): Samfucius, Samfucius
Somberbrero (0): Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
Hal Incandenza (0): Fat Turkey, Fat Turkey, Samfucius, Samfucius
Asiina (0): Poque, Poque
Opopanax (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 04th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Twilight until 10:30 PM EST to chit-chat for fun or serious or not. Thread will be closed after.

Need actions by 10 PM tomorrow night.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Gonna close this a bit early, gotta go somewhere for a bit.

Night actions by tomorrow night!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sakai's face looked like he had his soul ripped out of him. His mouth was in a "O" shape" like he was screaming as he died.

The rest of him was non-existent. You'd think his flesh would start to smell after a while right?

He can't just be a head. He can't. I guess he is though - the rest of them never found his remains.

Opopanax (Sakai Fumio) ????-aligned ???? has had his soul ripped N2.

-----------------------------

Upstairs, Matsuno lay with 3 brutal scars across his chests as if he was hacked to death with a machete. You could see his organs if you got too close.

The others dubbed this the devil room. Blood stained the floor - it was on the windows, the ceilings. The sun crept through what was left of the blinds, baking the rotting Matsuno.

Somebody closed the door with their shirt over their face, the stench becoming unbearable.

"gently caress me." they muttered under their breath.

Ernie. (Matsuno Naozane) :h: Town-aligned mason has been hacked to death N2.

It is now day 3.

Also for game purposes (I forgot to put this in the rules), and something I'll enforce in any situation + future games besides very late game (5~) players - the thread must be open at least 1 game day - meaning no turbo lynches - I've had the problem in a lot of games where it'll be closed almost longer than it's open. Just for my mod-saneness. Thanks <3.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 6, 2015

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
They had Uemura cornered. They were sure it was him.

"Oh my god, Babaa is behind you all!" his eyes opened wide.

They turned around for a split second and he was gone.

There was no lynch. Please send night actions.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Jun was posted in front of the darkest doorway in the hospital. Fear didn't affect him like it did the others - in the constant chaos, he was the one they could trust to always be steady. Like he always watched over them.

He needed somebody to watch him last night. Jun was found in the same spot he always took, but his mouth opened in an ungodly sort of way. His eyes were closed at least - he looked at peace. Whatever horror happened looked like it was done after he died at least.

Asiina (Jun Wanatabe) :h: Town-aligned Bodyguard had his soul ripped N3.

It is now D4.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm around and off the next days so you can hammer as quick or as not quick as you see fit.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Uemura Daisuke was never really here.

The first night, he wandered upstairs by himself - in a room a little too close to Amazake-Babaa. All she needed was a fresh body to infest in and once again she would be working her devilish magic in the hospital.

The others caught on though - Uemura wasn't himself, and they needed to rid him of himself, for his sake. They cornered him in a room and strapped him down to the bed. They knocked him out cold and attached some machine to him.

They swore it would suck the demons out of him, but it looked like it was just making him seizure.

Oof.

Poque (Uemura Daisuke) - :d: Amazake-Babaa's spirit/Serial Killer has been lynched D4.

Is is now night. Send in actions quickly please.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
It's only fair brothers went out the same way.

Shimamoto Naozane was in a haze since his brother's death. He knew he wasn't going to last much longer in this hospital - especially since he was the target all along.

Shima kept yelling at the top of his lungs each night.

"COME GET ME. loving GET ME. I'M NOT SCARED OF YOU. YOU'LL ALL BE DEAD SOON ANYWAY."

The next minute you heard nothing. The remaining alive rushed out of their (interrupted) sleep and came to the hallway.

Shimamoto was found hacked to death. A slash to the side of his stomach and one on the side of his head.

Murmur Twin (Shimamoto Naozane) :h: Town-aligned mason has been hacked to death N4.

It is now D5.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Kaneko barely got to react before she was thrown from her bed and tossed off of the building.

"Die spirit die!" She hit the floor and nothing came out of her. Only blood.

"gently caress."

They all starred at each other. The ones they trusted started to cackle.

Koga, Nishimura and Akagi's eyes started to glow red.

Yokota and Baba closed their eyes. They were pissing their pants. They knew their fate.

Aoki ran towards the doors that they came in from in the beginning. There was a hole in the corner where she saw faint light. She punched her way through until her knuckles were bleeding and ran as far as she could.

Nobody has conquered the hospital yet. And now there are more spirits to deal with.

Fat Turkey (Yokota Okakura) :h: and Pinterest Mom (Baba Yoshio) :h: both Town-aligned vanilla has been endgamed.

Dugong (Aoki Hirokazu) :d: Survivor has escaped the hospital.

King Burgundy (Koga Kazuko) :s: Scum-aligned cop, Sombebrero (Nishimura Shumei) :s: Scum-aligned Puppetmaster, and [b]Samfucius (Akagi Shirosama) :s: Scum-aligned vanilla/1-shot unstoppable have won with a perfect game.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Notes

1. Scum were lucky BN died night 1. He could hack the google docs and get 4 lines of info every night and send it out to people at night (besides explicitly naming each other's scum names).

2. Asiina and Murmur were on top of their game, the rest of the town was pretty bad. KB's claim was out of nowhere and they forgot about Samfucius, refused to go after Somb. Turbo'd during LYLO? What?

3. Dugong was the key for Poque. If you killed Dugong early, Poque would not have a lynchproof or BP ability.

4. Scum were so confused the first few days with their night actions not doing what they wanted.

5. If Opop was lynched, the next night any night action would be randomized and could hit anybody. If he was killed, he janitored himself.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 8, 2015

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

King Burgundy posted:

DBD, why did I get a scum result on Poque?

Cause he was scum. I mean, technically not SCUM but I should've meant TOWN or NOT TOWN, you wouldn't explicitly get SK aligned or anything :)

Asiina posted:

Also I was BP and lost it the night Ernie died but he still died and I'm a little sour on that.

Yeah, unstoppable kill hosed you - but technically you would've saved Ernie N1 as well if Byers wasn't their to jail him first!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Somberbrero posted:

1. :psyduck:

3. I like that a lot! It reminds me of the way Slenderman mini-mafia worked, but this is a much better implementation.

5. That is really cool! Did he have an active ability too?

Not really an active ability but he put the anon vote on you after he died.

Hal would've committed suicide mid day if 3 vanillas died.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
also :bahgawd: at Pinterest Mom for shushing my 24 hour rule when it might've saved you at LYLO!

Asiina posted:

PS I never thought Poque was lying about the BP. I thought that him saying it wasn't true was the lie. I didn't want to say that though and give away my own BP, which I didn't realize had already been used up.

Yeah I totally hosed up the PM but I think it would've been worse if I switched your role around midgame! Sorry. (I accidentally told her she had another BP/Bodyguard left when in the original it said she was good for one only).

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Thanks for playing though, was fun modding.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Fat Turkey posted:

ggwp

What powers did town have? With what was against us, I can't work it out.

Most of you played really bad tbh, I actually thought that I had to buff scum before the days played out. I feel like now-a-days (old man mafia rant inc) people rely way too much on night action and just don't go on gut alone. Scum couldn't get their kills off half the time.

Poque could only kill who Dugong visited (or whoever voted Dugong out) so there was a potential that he could only go so far with kills.

SK / mafia killing each other, two confirmed masons, two town protect roles, a hacker that can get information. A majority (uninformed) but a majority nonetheless.

Things fell kind of lovely as most of the roles that would've helped you died early, but you easily could've won the game.

I thought there could be balance tweaks, but for the most part I feel like every faction had a decent shot at winning. Think I might've wanted to add a roleblocker to the town to make things a bit trickier with Jailer and RB, BG etc.

Nobody called out Sam for not claiming until the last minute (and still nobody got him to claim) which was pretty scummy, and nobody really prodded him afterwards. KB claimed cop at the strangest time and didn't die and nobody batted an eye. Everybody thought somb was scummy but didn't vote him. 3 people were actively calling Poque SK for a while and nobody voted him til a day or two later.

Poque caused a lot of chaos, so did Somber's role.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 9, 2015

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh look town loses because some doofus votes in LYLO before letting someone even get to the thread.

Good times!

Thanks DBD I thought that was an awesome game.

Thanks! Gonna close the thread in an hour or so so we don't clutter the forums but thanks again for playing all.

I may open a murder mystery type thing in a month or two that I did a while ago but way better (it's quasi mafia which may not even have kills just whoever figures out the scenario that played out) which will have red herrings and investigations and sort of CYOR thing with night actions as well. Should be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

King Burgundy posted:

Town Jailer, which was one of your kill protectors.
Town Bodyguard with BP.
Town Hacker that could apparently take lines from our scum doc and send it to someone else.
Town Masons that were also bus drivers to each other.
Town whatever Opop was that could place an anon vote, randomly reassign night actions after death or janitor himself.
Town suicider if the 3 vanilla's die.
and 3 vanilla's.

VS

Scum Puppetmaster
Scum Cop
Scum 1 shot unblockable kill

VS

SK with BP and LP
SK buddy who becomes survivor and is lynch pin to SK's abilities

----
So a couple protectors and investigators for town and a powerful SK who was also trying to hunt scum, theoretically. We won, so it makes it harder for me to say with any authority, but seems pretty balanced.

Yeah. I wanted to buff Asiina more than the original PM which is why I sent her something different but ah well, other than that - I really wanted to see how Big Nothing's role would've made the game.

Also Kleedrac was immune to SK kills. I also should've changed Opop's random thing for his death rather than a lynch, wanted to see actions get all hosed up :D

• Locked thread