Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I have recently gotten a Sony SmartWatch 3 using credit card reward points, and I think it's pretty sweet. Usin' the Goldeneye 64 watch face, yeah boyee

AnimalChin posted:

None of my searches have been helpful. :(

Month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Yeah, the Goldeneye watch face looks awesome as heck. Sadly, it's clearly designed for a circular face (for obvious reasons), so it winds up being a little on the small side on the square Sony watch.

But the health meter shows my phone battery and the armor meter shows my watch battery, so I find it totally rad. I think it strikes a decent balance between classy and extremely nerdy.

Also have "stealth mode" on for when the screen shuts off, people will be none the wiser

Perfect stealth

EDIT: Also note that if you have items in your calendar scheduled for later in the day, the watch will say "Mission Status: Incomplete" on the face, it's excellent

HJE-Cobra fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 22, 2015

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

SpelledBackwards posted:

I like the info he provided, but drat, that guy doesn't understand speaking cadence and intonation.

Yeah, I thought it was a nice review of a decent-looking watch, except I was super annoyed by the way the guy was talking too. It was bizarre, like with a weird way of emphasizing the last word of sentences bizarrely.

Looks like a nice enough watch, but I don't need to change from my Sony Smartwatch 3 anytime soon.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

KillHour posted:

The only big downside I can see to that is from my experiences of wearing the GWR in the shower, water likes to make the watch think you're tapping it randomly. Once it tried to call my mom. Awkward.

Yeah, while swimming, I noticed my Smartwatch 3 was acting as if it was being poked a lot. The solution is to activate theater mode when you're in water, so you have to hit the button to activate the screen.