Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I'm intrigued. I guess you're not going to beat apple on fitness and health tracking, so going towards more style and minimal function and alleviate the struggle of battery life could be a good move. I'd consider getting one, especially if they look nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Shame, $150 is right around where I'd pull the trigger for the Gen 5. I've given up hope waiting for the white whale that is the all around best wear OS device.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
So Pujie Black keeps losing its connection to my fit account. I'll go into settings and re-set up the connection and it goes back to working, and then at some point later, it suddenly stops. I'm still testing to figure out what exactly triggers it, but anyone experienced similar behavior?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Good thinking. I removed fit from optimization on my phone, I'll see if that helps.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I think I'm on the opposite side of this, that thing looks perfect to me. Looks pretty slim and simple which is all I really want in a smart watch.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Yeah I pre-ordered the watch 4. Supposedly will offer me $100 for my lovely fossil sport that I might ha E only paid $100 for 2 years ago. Not holding my breath on that. Trying to find out what to dump this $50 of Samsung credit on now.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

codo27 posted:

Samsung probably has some kinda proprietary strap connect mechanism dont they?

Pretty sure they are the standard quick connect bands.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
My watch has been getting continually delayed despite preordering day 1. Supposed to be sometime last next week now hopefully.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Another week goes by, another week that my Samsung order gets kicked further down the road.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

hooah posted:

Lol I just realized that with the dumb charging puck Samsung has, a metal bracelet/band would make charging basically impossible. I'm definitely going to miss the Moto charging cradle.

I just turn the watch on its side and stick the charger to the back of it. It will stand up with help of the band and the puck will stay attached due to magnets and it acts as a tiny clock display for you.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I regularly need to restart my watch4 and every 6 months or so I do a factory reset. It starts to develop some weird behaviors like the aod not working.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Combat Pretzel posted:

And yet, it's terminally popular.

Have you possibly considered the apple watch is popular because it is an apple product (and the only apple wearable) and not because it has a square display?

I know, this is quite a stretch, but humor me

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Tempted to trade in my watch 4 for the 5 preorder deal. My 4 has been pretty solid, though.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

bull3964 posted:

I was really down on the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro renders when they came out, but I'll eat crow and say it's quite handsome and premium feeling in person.

I have a feeling I'm gonna be kicking myself for passing on the crazy good watch 4 trade in preorder deal for one

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

codo27 posted:

What kinda battery life can you expect on the samsung watches?

I have a watch 4 and I wear it nearly all day with most sensors turned on and most of my notifications coming through. I usually have about 70% battery left at the end of the day. Also note this is the previous gen samsung watch.

I have never had a battery issue with it at all

Hadn't considered that. I have the larger size watch 4
vvvvvv

couldcareless fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 19, 2022

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I use the camera on my p6 pro with my watch 4 just fine.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Well, woke up this morning to a pending update for my watch 4. I assumed the bricking issue has been resolved so I released the update to the watch....and now it won't turn on.

Awesome.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I slept on the champagne/hazel color and missed out. I'll just wait, especially since they weren't really giving me anything for my watch 4 trade in.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
After years of good luck with Google's QA, I think I finally got a lemon. My pixel watch 2 is restarting itself every few minutes after a fresh setup. Even did a reset and still no good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
After a week of very slow back and forth with Google support they finally approved the RMA of my pixel watch 2.
The plus side of this is it let's me order the color I originally wanted but was sold out at the time. The downside is it's not shipping until mid November.

Oh well.