Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Humerus posted:

Well initial impressions of the Fossil Gen 5 are that it's much nicer than my Zenwatch ever was. I also like the Fossil faces which yeah, I really would hope a watch company could have some decent faces of their own. The biggest problem is that I got the dark grey steel color, which came with a steel bracelet that's comically large on my wrist. I tried to use a safety pin to resize it but the safety pin just bent and I don't think it pushed the link pin out at all. Fossil does resizing in store for free so I'm going to kill an afternoon heading to the mall, I guess. I ordered a silicone strap (not from Fossil) but it hasn't arrived yet.

I didn't leave my house super often before the plague and I certainly don't now, so I'm not too concerned about excess wear on it, but what do you mean by the charging ring causing them to fall apart? Like rough handling from the slapping the charger on?

So I had the same issue with the steel band and happened to have this kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0189YWOIO

Which worked perfectly for popping out the pins and adjusting the band size.

I bought two other bands too and use the silicone one most often.

The charging ring issue is that they start to bulge out from the bottom of the watch on the back, but I haven't had that issue. I'm very satisfied with the Gen 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Fingers crossed for some mind-blowing new WearOS device from CES tomorrow, or I'm doing the Best Buy trade in on my fossil gen 5 and picking up a Samsung 6 classic.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I've got my eyes on the Samsung 47mm Watch 6 Classic. If anyone catches wind of a sub $300 deal, please share!

I did the Fossil Gen 5 trade in at Best Buy so I have $115 credit there, but I couldn't talk them into price matching a random reseller on Walmart.com or Amazon. I'm hoping this watch will go on sale sometime within the next couple of months.

Naked wrist is weird.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
re: OnePlus Watch 2 announced at MWC

I am stupid and ordered one.