Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
Mini-review on that Minimal & Elegant watch face that was mentioned in the wearables thread.
(Play Store Link)

Quite a good selection of customisation options, it's nice how it handles gradient backgrounds and you can also schedule colour selections so it changes with the time of day. It would be nice to have more than 5 font choices but they're okay for now. Now one of the interesting things with this watch face is the 'Little Worlds' option. Flat tyre be mitigated! I was pleasantly surprised to see over 40 different cities and other designs available currently and you can set your own custom made images as well, with a g+ community for people to share. I think right now this is one of my favourite watch faces on the play store.

Here's mine after a little fiddling today:

Magog fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Apr 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Kill me.... :barf:

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Ah OK. To be honest I wasn't really expecting to be able to at this point but I thought I'd check. I'll just leave it paired with my phone.

Thank you.

This may be possible in the near future if the moto 360 is still getting updates at that time though.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
I'm going to keep my 360 until it breaks (assuming that happens in a reasonable time frame. I've been knocking it into beer taps for 9 months and it's still going strong.). 2nd gen 360 isn't tempting me, which I can be thankful for.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
For comparison an original moto 360 can fit like this.

gently caress all y'all :smug:

Magog fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Sep 24, 2015

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

KillHour posted:

That looks slick, but almost TOO blingy.

https://youtu.be/CFqbAScJprA

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

G-Prime posted:

If you sweat a good amount and that area's moist, that could easily do it.

Yeah it can happen. It's not a faulty unit Pork Pie, happens to me too. Also while a recessed screen will make it less common the fabric still doesn't have to dip/bend much to touch the middle of the display so it is still possible.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Alan_Shore posted:

Oh right! Well that could definitely be explained better. It's nice having it come on but I'm sure being able to switch it off would conserve battery. Thanks all!

You can go into theatre mode and the screen won't turn on unless you press the side button. But it disables itself after each time.

Edit: duh didn't notice that was suggested already by Reverse Centaur

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
There's been an Android Wear category for ages.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
Agreedo, LastInLine. That's why on my 360 v1 the only original watchface I ever use is the Digital face (although even then when the seconds hand is at the bottom it still gets cut off :( but there's almost always a notification there anyway so I can live with that)

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
Hey guys, after 15 months the cracks on the back of my Moto 360 finally developed into separate pieces on one side trying to break off. sadface

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Logikv9 posted:

Yikes, pieces can actually detach? I always thought the cracks were superficial.

So did I :(

Edit:

Magog fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 11, 2016

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Len posted:

Google needs to hurry up and announce their watches

Yes please. As much as the OG Moto 360 has pleasantly surpassed my expectations in survivability the hardware is past it's expiration date really and I don't want to buy one of the wear devices currently available.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
Yessss, I'll finally retire my OG Moto 360.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010
Comedy option: It's Casio.

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Tunga posted:

How's are you liking the eight hour battery life?

Amazingly it's still lasting all day (which means it's still lasting longer than when it was brand new lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Thermopyle posted:

Supposedly Google's new watches.

I don't even... You're releasing two watches and you couldn't make either not look garbage tier? I mean almost all of LG's watches look better.