Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

codo27 posted:

Ticwatch pro 3 has been great to me so far. Leaves little to be desired

Is it pure WearOS or some vendor flavour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

bull3964 posted:

I really like my galaxy watch 3 and the thought of not needing (hopefully) to install a bunch of Samsung companion stuff to use it on top of having Google assistant and thing like maps and messages sounds really awesome to me. I am annoyed that they made no mention of a Wear version of Chat, so I'm going to just have to hope that's coming.

It's Google so we're going to get four different chat apps for Wear

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

I assumed bull3964 is from outside the US and imperial is the default?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

No he is a true blue yankee doodle. I am the international man of mystery, moving from Canada to New Zealand to Australia to Canada to Australia.

So he is American and doesn't like his own imperial moon units? Idgi

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I got the Galaxy watch 4 in the smaller model. Dunno if the bigger one with the larger battery performs better, but I struggle to make it to the end of the day on one charge. I don't even use the watch much during the day apart from maybe 3-4 hrs of workout tracking on average.

I'm fine with recharging it every night but was hoping I could use it without battery anxiety... 😔

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

hooah posted:

Hmm, maybe I took my watch off more than I remember. Entirely possible since I was trying to fit my existing 20mm band onto it, without success.

It could be too loose or the sensor might be dirty. It happened to me once that my watch kept locking up, but cleaning/readjusting the fit fixed it

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
I've been using health sync for ages. It's a third party app. Not sure if Health Connect does a better job?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Lol if you seriously believe this won't end up on Google's pile of dead projects

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

codo27 posted:

Is there any effective way to turn off all health tracking and junk on the new Samsung watches?

Put a tape over the sensors

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

CaptainSarcastic posted:

How is the experience of a Galaxy Watch 5 on a Pixel? I got gifted one for Christmas and I haven't opened it yet or really read up on it, but I'd appreciate to hear what other people think.

Pretty good. You might need a bit of set up to synchronize Samsung Health and Google fit if that's important to you. A few minor features don't work oob on the pixel but that can be fixed by sideloading a different version of the APK. I just never bothered with that because the experience is really good already

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Me too, can strongly recommend that one

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

Hey Wear OS thread, I'm considering selling my Garmin and getting back into the Google ecosystem for my watch. I don't have any huge complaint about my Instinct but it's extremely basic and given I have a Pixel and Pixel buds, it makes a lot of sense.

So I'm wondering what the top recs are now. Battery life is super important for me although I absolutely recognize I'm not getting a month out of a real smartwatch like my Instinct gets lol. I also prefer a larger watch, so ideally 45mm at a bare minimum but I'd be very happy with 51mm.

Thanks pals.

E: oh and I should say good sensors is very important too, I use my watch to track all my workouts and activities
I think the galaxy watch 5 is still the best wearos watch, if you want a big one get the pro model for the battery life. Workout tracking is quite good as far as I can tell.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

codo27 posted:

Man wtf is up with the minimalist watch face? I noticed the developer now reads "battery stats saver". My 3 widgets disappeared, then the 3 dashes that were there after the update before I defined them came back, then went away again. My watch is also stuck in sleep mode today. Just managed to straighten that out by manually enabling and disabling the sleep routine on my phone.

I think the app got sold and the original developer is no longer involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You're not saying anything that is dissuading me here
I don't know, the regular gw6 is already so big I have to regularly take it off for some of my hobbies