Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

bull3964 posted:

That's about how it looks on me. Any smaller and it would look comically small. Right now, it's just right. I'm only on the 4th notch in on the strap even, there's barely enough to feed into the 2nd loop.

I got the metal band and had to add in 3 of the 4 spare links.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
I'd expect battery technology to affect smart phones a year or two in advance of smartwatches, and so far we've seen no evidence of that, nor of anything on the immediate horizon. So far up to this year smartphone battery differentiator is size and quickcharge, neither of which is a concern for a device that can hold maybe 300-400mAH of a li-ion battery and charges at a maximum rate of 760mA.

So yeah, your moto360v1 will last until v4 probably before the battery life just gets unbearable for even a day.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Tunga posted:

I can't decide whether black bezel / silver frame / black strap will look good on the new 360 or whether the bezel/frame really need to be the same colour. I like the silver buckle/lugs as kind of highlights around a mostly black watch, but I'm not sure if it'll look weird/cheap. I'd happy take an all black watch with a grey leather strap but for some reason there is no such option this time.

Any opinions from people who understand fashion and poo poo?

#3 definitely looks more "watchy" for lack of a better word.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
Well the Huawei is super-tempting but the lack of universal wireless charging is a huge huge huge deal breaker.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice
I'm seriously thinking about going with a gimmicky gold knurl black case 46mm HELP ME

Good thing they're out of stock on motomaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

TraderStav posted:

Anyone with the metal band for the Moto 360 (v1) ever have issues with a Qi pad to charge? I'd think the band would get in the way of making solid contact as it can't really lie flat. I've considered picking up a Qi pad for my car for those random times when my watch burns through the whole battery on a day for no particular reason.

With a smaller pad like the LG WCP-300 or the Samsung square pads from circa Galaxy S5 it's no problem.