Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
What's up with the extra chronograph(?) dial on some of the watch faces? I don't get it.

It's always stuck at 4 and doesn't seem to do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

AnimalChin posted:

What's up with the extra chronograph(?) dial on some of the watch faces? I don't get it.

It's always stuck at 4 and doesn't seem to do anything.

None of my searches have been helpful. :(

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Holy crap.

:bang:

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Here's a link for the goldeneye watch.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

bull3964 posted:

36 hours per full charge on the 360

:cawg: :cawg: :cawg:

Riiiiiiiiight. I'm lucky to get half that.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Logikv9 posted:

The flat tire is still there. A full-circle screen would have been nice, but I personally don't care. Won't stop the endless bitching, though.

I never see the flat tire on my 360, I never understood why people get so upset about it.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

My favorite watch face you can't even see the flat tire. (not that I care the slightest bit about the flat tire)

BadApps Quartz

I like its retro feel.

I tried to use that one, but I thought the square face looked weird on my round 360.

I've found that Ranger Watch Face displays a lot of info, and is very user friendly:

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

torgeaux posted:

Don't switch, use both. That's where I am now. When I'm going to be in bright daylight, the pebble is 100% better than the moto. At night/lots of indoors, I like the moto. Long trip? Pebble.

Same. My original Pebble is my work watch - I don't mind if it gets damaged, plus the battery lasts a long time. My 360 is for everything else.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
My major gripe about my gen1 360 is that I can't just get rid of a notification on my watch yet keep it on my phone - something I can easily do with my pebble.

Anrdoid wear seems to have a NOW OR NEVER mentality. Or am I doing it wrong? I know I can swipe cards down to hide them, but this gets really cluttered and I often miss more important notifications because of it.

That, and of course it perpetually disconnects from my phone.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

LastInLine posted:

People who leave notifications sitting in the tray are monsters.

But this is exactly what I'm trying to avoid? :confused:

Example:

- Email notifications - I want to remove these from my watch and my notifications bar on my phone. One swipe on the watch takes care of this. Easy.
- Twitter notifications - Also remove. Again swipe away on the watch.
- Facebook - Also remove.
- Timehop reminder to view today's timehop - I want to get rid of this on my watch, but save this on my phone to view later. I have no option to do this.
- AppSales - Again, I want to remove it from my watch but leave it on my phone so I can see it later.
- Words With Friends - Same.

One might say "just disable the notifications from showing up on your watch and they'll still be on your phone" but then I won't get the real time alert - useful for say AppSales.

Pebble makes this really, really easy. I have a few options with notifications there, one of which is just to hit the back button and it clears the notification on my watch but leaves it on the phone. This is brilliant. Another is to select the "dismiss" option which removes the notification from both devices. Basically my Pebble says "Here's a thing! If it's important just hit back, if not hit dismiss." Moto360 says "Here's a thing take it or leave it RIGHT NOW."

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Three Olives posted:

If anyone wants to make fun of my girlish wrists again my Urbane came in:

That looks like a nice watch.

You have small wrists.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I've ditched my 360/1 and stick with my pebbles. Android Wear just feels so clunky most of the time.

I wear a regular Pebble Time at work, and a Time Round elsewhere.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Android Wear still has that one critical feature missing that I need that pebble had. The ability to dismiss a notification from my watch but leave it on my phone. I can swipe the notification down, but it's still there and pops back up from time to time.

Hey thanks for the notification about that email, google watch! I definitely need to read that later but it's not an emergency NO YOU DEAL WITH IT RIGHT drat NOW.

Swiping on my Zen3 still feels really clunky too. No I don't want to entirely dismiss the notification I just want to hide it!

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

bull3964 posted:

If you turn off the card previews, it doesn't pop up past the initial notification. Swipe it down and forget about it.

This is amazing and is making me like my Zenwatch3 a lot more - except that it keeps turning itself back on.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

LastInLine posted:

As far as performance goes it seems just about as good or bad as my Moto, but from what I can tell all Android Wear devices seem to just feel pokey. Maybe I'm not using the right ones but it seems like sometimes they're all slow to wake and or respond to touches and other times they're fine.

This is how my ZW3 behaves. It's nice but sometimes I feel like an idiot just waiting for it to do something like tell me the loving time.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

LastInLine posted:

I do use ambient mode so getting the time is the one thing that does work all the time but literally any other task is a crapshoot. Opening my 2FA tokens for work? Might be instant, might have to tap four times and wait ten seconds, who knows?

I use ambient mode too but it's impossible to see in direct sunlight.

Also I can't seem to figure out ambient mode. By the time I'm raising my wrist to look at the watch I always seem to be waiting for it to display the time as if it's transitioning from ambient to "regular just on" mode.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Cultural Marxist posted:

Yeah I've just noticed that, curses! I'm starting to suspect that the wear watch I'm looking for doesn't exist.

The Wear watch that everyone wants doesn't exist.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
My ZenWatch3 finally updated to Wear 2.0 and aside from some hiccups during the update process it doesn't seem too bad.

The only complaints I have are that performance took a bit of a hit, and swiping left or right changes the watch face. I haven't changed a face on accident yet, though and it actually seems like a nifty way to show someone the watch when they ask about it (I get that a lot).

I was dreading the update after reading all the comments here but so far it's pretty spiffy.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

lostleaf posted:

Are you still getting decent battery life? I flashed back to 1.5 because 2.0 barely made it 12 hours.

It was ~50% when I got home yesterday. Battery life seems shorter, but not too bad. I'll have to see over the next few days.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

AnimalChin posted:

It was ~50% when I got home yesterday. Battery life seems shorter, but not too bad. I'll have to see over the next few days.

Worked a 14 hour day today and came home to about 25% battery life. Not too terrible, I guess?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Anyone have a good recommendation for a replacement band for the ZW3?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Heads up: http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/08/19/wear-mini-launcher-starts-showing-pop-ads-latest-update/

Wear Mini Launcher has been updated with ads/malware.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
E: This is the wrong thread, sorry.

AnimalChin fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Oct 6, 2017

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

My zenwatch 3 died. Like, was charged and working on my wrist, I toggled theatre mode for something, then it never came back on. Nothing happens on the charger, any button, nothing. Didn't even last a year. Think I'm done with smartwatches for now :(

My ZW3 hasn't died (yet) but I've quit wearing it or any of my other smartwatches. That watch was 97% perfect and awesome but those last 3% (dreadfully slow, short battery life, inconsistent behavior) finally wore me down enough to make me just give up on it.

I now have a couple of dorky casio/timex dad-style digitals that never need recharging and always show time/day/date without forcing me to wait 2-3 seconds for it to maybe display the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Rastor posted:

Devices which are NOT on the list:

ASUS ZenWatch 3

god dammit.