Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Takoluka posted:

Does the Moto 360 have this capability, or am I going to be getting a new watch in the near future?

looks like you'll have to wait for some reason:

quote:

These updates are coming to all seven Android Wear watches over the next few weeks, starting with the new LG Watch Urbane.

They don't have carriers to worry about and they still can't manage to update them all simultaneously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Logikv9 posted:

And they normally don't wear watches, so they have no experience with larger, traditional watches.

I hate the way huge watches look, but then again I'm not a fat person. You hit on a good point about smartwatches in general, though. I agree that the people most excited about wearing smart watches probably don't wear watches normally. In fact, that's one of the things keeping me from getting one. I like wearing different watches for different occasions, and if I had a smartwatch I feel like I'd slip into wearing it all the time. Does anyone here have experiences with owning multiple android wear devices? Are they easy to switch between? Like, maybe I'd wear a 360 or an LG G Watch casually, but wear one of the fancier looking ones when I dress up (like whatever tag heuer is cooking up). I guess I'm still not sold on smartwatches being anything more than another techno toy.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Dr Cheeto posted:

I guess the difference is that a regular watch won't be obsolete in a year and generally works better as a fashion accessory. Most smartwatches look pretty dweeby.

Agreed. Also most people don't paw at their (non-smart) watches. I'm really having trouble finding the use case for smart watches. It seems like in most cases you're either able to take out your phone or it's not situationally appropriate to be on your phone. (In which case it probably isn't appropriate to be swiping away at your watch, either!)

The only time I wish I had a smartwatch is when I'm heading to a connecting flight and want to check the gate number. I end up pulling out my phone, so I guess even then there's no problem to solve.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Three Olives posted:

Does it get all day battery life with ambient display now?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

thebushcommander posted:

My gf got me an Urbane for my birthday. I haven't opened it yet as it's at home, but should I just send it back? I had been talking about the Hauwei Watch and how it looks and I guess she thought it was the same one or something.

Don't you think it would be kind of a dick move to return/exchange your girlfriend's present to you?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Hmm. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

RZA Encryption posted:

Does anyone here have experiences with owning multiple android wear devices? Are they easy to switch between?

bull3964 posted:

If Wear currently had the support (i know it's coming) to pair two watches up to a single phone, I would consider picking one up as one to use when bike riding or other outdoor activity that I wouldn't want to risk marking up my 360. Right now though, it's too much of a PITA to switch between two.

Cool, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Reverse Centaur posted:

Apparently G Watch Rs are being "wound down," that is production has stopped. Strange decision by LG. Not sure if that makes mine more or less valuable.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...y-discontinued/

Yeah, I'm sure your android device appreciated in value.