Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamoke
Feb 13, 2010

HAMDINGERS
This is a fantabulous idea. Being a huge movie trivia buff I relish the opportunity to properly pay homage to the many underrated feline actors/actresses of modern cinema, without whose presence certain films simply would not have been the same. If there's one absolute in the world of entertainment, it is that nothing which is great would be considered as such if it weren't for cats. (If there were two absolutes, the other would be that Tom Wopat is the single finest actor of this or any other generation, past, present or future, bar none.) These furry-footed natural thespians have been featured in so many classic roles in so many memorable films that have touched our lives and shaped our destiny, yet often little credit is given to them by critics, moviegoers and the Academy alike. You yourself may be confused, right now, this very second as you are reading this with your chin in your left hand while sipping your caramel macchiato, or Schlitz, or moonshine, thinking to yourself "Well I sure as shinola don't remember any dadgummed cats in any fickershows I ever dun seen," tipping the brim of your camouflage hat that you thought was a good buy at the Circle K (it wasn't, dumbfuck) to scratch your honest working-man's brow in thought accordingly.
In order to dispense of any such confusion, here are 5 memorable yet somehow easily forgettable appearances by cats in famous movies:

- - -

5. Blazing Saddles (1974)

Unfamiliar? Not surprising you don't know of it, it may be a little before your time. This instant classic hails from the era of blacksploitation films, when film studios typically used "negro" actors (that time period's colloquialism for colored-Americans) for spoof and lampoon purposes exclusively. Nevertheless, there existed several progressive Hollywood producers who saw the potential for minorities in mainstream film as well, and not just the dangerous ones either, as the number of minority cat actors who were taking bit parts and small roles was on the rise. One such filmmaker by the name of M. L. Shamabrooks decided to take a big chance on the, at the time, relatively unknown comedians/west coast rap duet Lil' Cleavon and Patches, entrusting pair to make the transition from stage to cinema and bring the laughs in his spaghetti western slapstick piece. As seen here in the now famous quicksand scene, they delivered the goods with side-splitting results!

Jamoke fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 21, 2015

Jamoke
Feb 13, 2010

HAMDINGERS
4. Buried (2010)

Still don't remember a cat in that one you say? Well before you call bullshit, put down the modeling glue and allow this to image to sink in. Keep staring at it long and hard, it will come back to you eventually.

Nothing still? Okay fine. Before you go on to the next entry, I'll wait for you to go get your blu-ray copy of Buried so you can pop that bad mamma jamma in and confirm this. Really, I'll wait...

...What do you mean you don't have it? Did you misplace it? Is it in the machine still maybe? Or did you lend it to someone? That might be why you don't have it at the moment. Yeah, that explains it.
That has to be what happened. I mean, how could anyone just up and forget that movie? Lol. I'm sure you have it somewhere. It'll turn up eventually. Until then, trust me, there was a cat in there with Ry Rey (my little nickkname for Ryan Reynolds, isn't it totes cute?!) the whole time. Just how you could have missed that is beyond reason (if it's because your eyes were completely fixated on RR and nothing else the entire time, I understand fully :winkysmileyface:).

Jamoke
Feb 13, 2010

HAMDINGERS
3. The Naked Gun trilogy

I don't think any explanation is required here. Just take a moment to reminisce and bask in the glory that was comedy legend Leslie Nielsen [not to be confused with legendary (he's only got one) character actor Liam Nielsen of the "Particular Set of Skills" franchise.]

Comedy lightning stuck not once but thrice in this laugh-out-loud slapstick threesome where feline sight gags and pratfalls visually bombarded fans nonstop.
Anyone present in the viewing audience during their initial run will tell you there wasn't a pair of dry eyes or trousers in the whole theater. I may have even wet myself merely thinking about it, right this second!

Jamoke
Feb 13, 2010

HAMDINGERS
2. Inglorious Bastards (2009)

Again, collective audiences everywhere seem a little fuzzy on the details. The fact is, there's an interesting story here. In order to combat loneliness during the hectic overseas shooting schedule, co-star and amateur snuff film enthusiast Elijah Rothgoldmansteinstien, who was good friends with filmmaker/director Quintin El Camino, brought his special feline friend and personal pet, Schadenfreude, with him to the set every single day. It wasn't long before the rugged cast of manly men developed a fondness for the cat, eventually allowing him to roam about freely, even during takes. Those of you with a sharp eye, look extra carefully at the film, you might make out little "Schaddy" in certain scenes, always accompanying his master. You'll have to remain alert and keen, as most folk seem to have a hard time staying awake during this dreary historical reenactment.

Jamoke fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 21, 2015

Jamoke
Feb 13, 2010

HAMDINGERS
1. Event Horizon (1997)

Starring Neil Samuelson and Larry "Cowboy Curtis" Fishbone, it is today remembered as a sci-fi thriller cult classic, however this once seemingly innocent space documentary (shot on location in real time) initially caused a lot of controversy and was panned by many bedwetting critics and Christians Scientists alike.
At the heart of the scandal was, in fact, the "unrealistic" number of cats in the movie. Some critics called said portrayal of cats in space "ludicrous," "appalling," "absolutely criminal," "a travesty to filmmaking the likes of which a special level of the Inferno is reserved for." More accurately, they were upset at director Paul H.C. (Hans Christian) Anderson's bold decision to use as few cats in the film as he did.

Roger Eggbert, grand warlock for the Chicago Sun-Times/Hustler Magazine forum contributor, once wrote, "Realism in film is a lost art. From a cinematic standpoint, it is the duty of a director to tell a story that not only touches the spirit but intrigues the mind while remaining true to the source material. The original script for Event Horizon, as envisioned by its creator, called for and I quote 'a whole poo poo ton of cats on the ship, like, seriously, so many loving cats dude it's like how did we get so many cats? Cats literally loving EVERYWHERE, bro.' This was one production note the director should have listened to. But you didn't, isn't that right, Paul? You smug bastard. drat you, Anderson. drat your cat hating soul to Hell."

Hopefully a lesson was well learned and, on future endeavors, movie execs will put forth a better effort to increase the quality of their product by adhering to the one simple rule-
no matter what, there can never be too many cats.

Jamoke fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 21, 2015

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

is this how people post in CD

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ShiroTheSniper posted:

(sorry for the poor quality, done with my cellphone)

one of the best itt

this too

Aussie Dingbat
Apr 21, 2012

Dingbat from Down Under

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Are you actually aware of Maus, or was this a coincidence?

0haiThere
Feb 18, 2015

Looks like you're in the barrel today.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Maldoror posted:

Are you actually aware of Maus, or was this a coincidence?

Aware; this one was a photoshop from a little while ago. I think it was a thread about Photoshopping comics or something, but I posted it here since it sort of fit with the previous Schindlers List shop.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I am pretty sure this is even more striking than the original, which is totally ace.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Some amazing work in here! 5d.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

naem
May 29, 2011

:fyad:

Leshy
Jun 21, 2004

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Jamoke goes both barrels on an otherwise lackluster thread.
(not that the shops are bad. just, there's only the one joke.)

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

lol nice.

A good thread.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

top tier

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would buy this as t-shirt.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Come with me if you want to live nine times.

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.
Have my 9 5 already, thread

FrankenVader
Sep 12, 2004
Polymer Records

Lol'd

How old is 30 cats years in human years?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

FrankenVader posted:

How old is 30 cats years in human years?

about 6 +/- a couple months

Gonzo the Eggman
Apr 15, 2010

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

krampster2 posted:

is this how people post in CD

I wish.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

beato posted:

lol :D

I had time for one more before bed, gf is home now.

Gonna go ahead and save these. :golfclap:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Ha! Goddamn perfect.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
:eyepop:
beautiful

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Amazing and true.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Dazed & Catfused

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey2
Mar 10, 2015

by Ralp

Canned Panda posted:

Dazed & Catfused

I keep getting older and the kittens stay the same age... Alright... Time is a circle... meow...

• Locked thread