Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Good Morning?
Yes, yes it is
Coffee
Tea
Juice
Water
Air
Fire
Earth
View Results

• Locked thread
ulvir

alnilam posted:

wonder if there could be a similar thing about coffe? :coffeepal:

Bach made a few cantatas about coffee, but they're more towards the humans going "goddamn do I love a good cuppa" tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

i just realized, that song skips over the very meanest thing that gets done to barley!

to make booze from it, you want to malt the barley first, which means you get it to start germinating, so the barley seed is like "oh neato i get to grow into a new barley plant! guess i'd better convert my starches, which my mommy plant put in here because it lasts longer, into sugars, which the baby plant can readily use to feed itself until it's big enough to photosynthesize"

and then you KILL IT halfway thru germination :twisted:

nothing quite that evil gets done to coffe i don't think, coffe gets fermented, rinsed, stepped on, dried, roasted, ground up, and gets boiling water poured on it, but it never gets tricked into thinking it's going to make a new plant and then stopped from doing so

ty manifisto

railroad terror

choo choo
Coffee Thought: Time For Another Coffee

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

railroad terror posted:

Coffee Thought: Time For Another Coffee

tihs speaks to me..

thanks Manifisto!

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
If you want to know true evil, check out Rhubarb Triangle on Wikipedia

nonazis posted:

not really. instead of evolving the plant, like turning disgusting bananas into delicious bananas, we evolved our tastes to like the disgusting taste of coffee. like, think about the first time you ever had just a black cup of coffee. it was nasty
So our taste is evolving... But evolving into what!?

ghost host

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

mycophobia posted:

washing your dishes is a good thing to do.

I wash my dishes daily, but I keep the cup and a water bottle on my desk all the time.

I pride myself on not being "one of those" roommates.

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
just downed a 16-oz from plaid pantry, regrettable

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
sometimes I wonder if I should finish a bad cup of coffee out of respect to the beans

:coffeepal:

ham_sanitizer

professional swine bather

DeepQantas

This cup tastes a bit burnt, but I can't tell if it's just because I'm recovering from flu and can smell again.

Bwee
does byob have a general "things going on" megathread or a "good things in my life" megathread

Bwee
i think this is the closest but i'm not drinking coffee

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Bwee posted:

does byob have a general "things going on" megathread or a "good things in my life" megathread

DeepQantas

Bwee posted:

i think this is the closest but i'm not drinking coffee
Tell us what you are drinking, pal :coffeepal:

City of Glompton

Bwee posted:

you could make one, it could be nice. :)

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
It is a very nice thread that I read while having my Saturday morning coffee.

Also made me think what animals use as coffee, like what berry or leaf or bug gives them a nice comforting feeling and helps wake them up in the morning?

ham_sanitizer

this thread is a great reminder to make coffee

mycophobia
mindlessly punching in numbers with my on-the-job coffee

smoobles

random coffee thought:

sandwiches exist because people are comfortable touching bread with their hands, but not other foods

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ham_sanitizer

smoobles posted:

random coffee thought:

sandwiches exist because people are comfortable touching bread with their hands, but not other foods

holy poo poo...for me to achieve that level of insight i would have to be taking a poo poo in the shower while drinking coffee

DeepQantas

Maybe it's the other way around?

The reason people are no longer comfortable eating with their hands is because sandwiches got popular.

ulvir

Bwee posted:

check your "life is good" privilege

DeepQantas

even bad life has coffee...

(unless you can't afford coffee)

ulvir

I had coffee this morning. it tasted good as always :coffeepal: it made me forget all the other poo poo I need to keep track of and/or take care of :coffeeunsmithpal:

railroad terror

choo choo
Coffee Thought: This AtkinsTM Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar isn't going to eat itself!!!

kuskus

coffee thoughts: we gonna ring rang a dong before a holiday

i take my office's bad grounds and put them through my aeropress, it's still bad but takes more effort

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
I had coffee and now I want more

smoobles

garbage owl posted:

I had coffee and now I want more

this is normal

----------------

railroad terror

choo choo
I haven't had coffee yet :smith:

alnilam

railroad terror posted:

I haven't had coffee yet :smith:

oh no :( coime borrow some of mine

ty manifisto

kuskus

Sorry I'm late.:11tea: Had to make some coffee.

Dotcom Jillionaire

Social distortion
what is... a meme? really

morning wood
coffee thought: listening to death cab for cutie during coffee time is a pretty relaxing way to start the day

wearing a lampshade

i poured myself my #firstcup from a still-brewing pot in the building's cafeteria, so it's way too strong and i had to put in a ton of cream and maple syrup to cover up how bad this free roast tastes
but i can't complain really, i need my caffeine fix just like cathy in dilbert when she gets the coffee IV drip right into her veins

this isn't the strip im thinking of but as you can see coffee addiction comes up A LOT in dilbert so you can be assured that this particular scenario im thinking of exists, even if its not readily available in image search engines

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

kuskus

It's true, the very first cup from a large drip machine is where the Good poo poo is; if you take that cup without letting the rest brew you have robbed everyone of precious caffeine and over roasted flavor. :yum:

Keep a separate carafe of just First Cups.

wearing a lampshade

i secretly dislike everyone else so i feel fine depriving them of caffeine

but i feel bad about feeling fine

smoobles

french press coffee is the best, i feel bad for all you drip coffee machine users, or dripwads

you're missing out on true flavour

----------------

morning wood
french press is better if someone else makes it for you but the effort required to make it myself at toofuckingearly'oclock makes it less enjoyable than pressing a button on my keurig

alnilam

keurig :barf:

.....no offense

ty manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

smoobles posted:

french press coffee is the best, i feel bad for all you drip coffee machine users, or dripwads

you're missing out on true flavour

*beats u over the head with $300 technivorm drip coffee brewer* YOUR IGNORANCE DE-PRESS-ES ME

ty nesamdoom!

• Locked thread