Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Sestra came back! :3:

Paul was a lame character on the whole but I think they did as good a job as they could to make him going out moving and meaningful. He was (kinda) interesting in the episode and the way the final moments were shot/scored were fantastic.

Iron Tusk posted:

Look like 10 posts above yours.

I coulda sworn it wasn't there when I scrolled back to check :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

ok guys i was wrong and i'll never say anything bad about any hendrix family storylines again

yeah pretty sure that's what's gonna happen,, they even had it in the PREVIOUSLY ON thing at the start

i doubt it's his daughter although i have no idea what age art's supposed to be so who knows

also good riddance paul, you sure were a character on a tv show

I guess Donnie still hasn't been fisted.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Illinois Smith posted:

ok guys i was wrong and i'll never say anything bad about any hendrix family storylines again

I love you.

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."

Rarity posted:

Sestra came back! :3:

Paul was a lame character on the whole but I think they did as good a job as they could to make him going out moving and meaningful. He was (kinda) interesting in the episode and the way the final moments were shot/scored were fantastic.
And it's actually an ending that rounds out his character somewhat and retroactively explains his weird decisions in season 2.

I really liked Paul in S1. The best episode of that entire season was Allison's potluck and the suspense of which side Paul is on in that episode (not to mention the FANTASTIC scene where he nail-guns Vic's hand to a table, dude's not loving around) was really well done, finally culminating in the scene where he switches the drugged bottle of tequila for a regular one at the last moment.

...also I kinda loved the episode after that one where Paul and Sarah rescue each other from Olivier. Season 2 kinda flushed that character development down the toilet with him sticking with (and sticking it to) Rachel for ... reasons? And then suddenly he's a Major?

Season 3 finally answered that question while letting his character go gracefully.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I've generally thought that this season was pretty weak, but this last episode was the best for sure. I was genuinely sad about Paul, even if it was a little overblown in the end. He really WAS a generally nice guy trying to do the right thing within the confines of his military status. And somehow they cobbled it together so it made some sense in the end.

I can't believe I didn't realize that was Kesinia Solo. I knew I recognized her but couldn't t place her. Thanks. It also makes me realize that Maslani is a rather small person in general because Solo looks quite tiny on Lost Girl compared to the others, and she looks the same size as Kasima on Orphan Black.

Eating that scorpion was rad. "I'm hungry". Period.

Also Allison and Danny drug dealer dance party. It would REALLY be the top of awesome if she brought some kind of drug enforcement crew to a future clone engagement. Silly, but awesome.

I also couldn't help but cheer for Felix going full rear end in a top hat on the cyclops, and then a little bit of meh awww when she was genuinely confused and scared. I always thought the Rachel clone was the weakest, but making her a brainhurty cyclops really helped her stand out.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DoggPickle posted:

Also Allison and Danny drug dealer dance party. It would REALLY be the top of awesome if she brought some kind of drug enforcement crew to a future clone engagement. Silly, but awesome.

I'm really wondering how they can possibly tie Allison's story back into those of the other clones. Have they even spoken on the phone this season?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

haveblue posted:

I'm really wondering how they can possibly tie Allison's story back into those of the other clones. Have they even spoken on the phone this season?

Yeah, I honestly don't know how they will manage to reintegrate story lines, but I wouldn't it be (dream awesome) if she actually did end up with a posse'??

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

haveblue posted:

Judging from next week's preview Donnie gets taken by the same guys who cut off Vic's fingers and Alison calls Felix for help, telling him she's a drug dealer. Can't wait!

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
No one mentioned it, but oh my god how good were Felix and Rachel together? I got lost in the moment in that scene, and thought of Felix as simply torturing her as revenge for the injection, just getting revenge for Rachel's previous actions etc. But when Felix yelled "tell me where my sister is, where did they take her", that was devastating. I realize that goofy people twerking to Riff Raff is hilarious, but Felix and Rachel is where I live.

Couple that with Beth and Sarah's scene, and Helena coming back for Sestra, and easily the best episode of the season.

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 25, 2015

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

No one mentioned it, but oh my god how good were Felix and Rachel together? I got lost in the moment in that scene, and thought of Felix as simply torturing her as revenge for the injection, just getting revenge for Rachel's previous actions etc. But when Felix yelled "tell me where my sister is, where did they take her", that was devastating. I realize that goofy people twerking to Riff Raff is hilarious, but Felix and Rachel is where I live.

Couple that with Beth and Sarah's scene, and Helena coming back for Sestra, and easily the best episode of the season.
Yeah, Felix went from monstrous to tragic in a heartbeat.

Also, I forgot Felix had interacted with that actress before. :downs:

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

haveblue posted:

Alison hasn't done much in the main storyline, but she did impersonate Sarah for the Topside dude to interview near the beginning if the season.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Eh, when he barged into her room and started threatening her I was like "what th gently caress are you gonna do if she doesn't want to tell you" and then he he started ... Doodling on her eyepatch? I wasn't the biggest fan of that.

But when he broke down it really drove home how desperate he was in that moment and it finally gave the actor something to do this season besides being smug and catty, which I agree he nailed.

Ultimately I feel like that scene was mostly about Cosima's buddy recognizing the symbols on her painting and setting up the clones (or just Felix and Mrs. S) eventually getting Rachel out of there.

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

DoggPickle posted:

I've generally thought that this season was pretty weak, but this last episode was the best for sure. I was genuinely sad about Paul, even if it was a little overblown in the end.
Heh heh heh.

quote:

I also couldn't help but cheer for Felix going full rear end in a top hat on the cyclops, and then a little bit of meh awww when she was genuinely confused and scared. I always thought the Rachel clone was the weakest, but making her a brainhurty cyclops really helped her stand out.
Disagree about Rachel. She didn't get as much screen time but I thought her character in S2 was fascinating. Unlike the other clones, she didn't just drink the Kool-Aid, she was breastfed the Kool-Aid. Almost her whole life, she was trained to believe in, reinforce, and even celebrate her status as a Scientific Triumph - which is a super fancy word for an object. And she treats the other clones (and Kira, by extension) as objects to be pursued and possessed because she believes it's only natural. Her "So, you're gaaaaaaaay" reaction to Cosima was kind of like, "Oh, so they make Black Barbies too!"

When you think about it, Rachel's probably a good indication of what the Leda clones would have been like if they'd been treated like the Caster boys.

The scene when her dad poisons himself is especially devastating because that's when she realizes she backstabbed the only person in her entire life who didn't treat her like an object. Maslany absolutely loving sold me on that scene, it is SO PAINFUL.

And S3 has brought it all home because DYAD raised her to be proud of the fact that she was a Shiny New Toy, but now she's a broken toy. DYAD killed off her public identity so they could stick her in the closet with impunity. And she knows it. I would love for her to get out of there. Empowered, enfranchised, vengeful Rachel would be THE BEST RACHEL.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Cosima is the best clone tho :colbert:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Homestar Runner posted:

Your opinion is factually wrong.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Besides a couple of particularly good scenes, Rachel was definitely the weakest clone, I think probably because nobody actually talks like that, so it had this air of fakiness all the time. Also, bizarrely masochistic and dominant yet "NEED BABY AT ALL COSTS" and I just found her character weird. She's much more individual now that she's a drooling cyclops. :downs:

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

haveblue posted:

I might have posted this already, but just have Allison take care of pregnant helena. It will keep her in the posse and I'm sure hilarious hijinks will occur with that pairing.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'm enjoying this season much more than the last but what really kills me is Rachel - I know she is/was a bad person capable of terrible things but she's so sad and broken now I just wish she had died, it actually upsets me to see her suffering this way now. More so when Delphine or Felix pop by to torture the poor thing.

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

I was reading up on an art book on Greek and Roman mythology and I got to the part about Castor and Pollux, and it's cool to wonder how much of that mythology's symbolism is tied up in the Castor clone storyline.

In myth, Castor and Pollux were half-brothers (although still born on the same day because - I poo poo you not - they hatched from the same egg. That's what you get when you gently caress a swan, I guess). Pollux was the son of Zeus, but Castor was the mortal son of a king and so when the two bros decided to stir poo poo up and abduct fancy Greek ladies (which is practically Mount Olympus' national sport) Castor died. Like the Castor clones - boys "hatched" and raised together to be superhuman feats of science, except they have a fatal mortal flaw.

EVEN MORE INTERESTING - Castor and Pollux had a sister. The myth said Leda laid TWO eggs (corkscrew swan dong being her particular cup of tea) - and the second egg contained none other than Helen of Troy.

HELENA + CASTOR.

God I hope none of the clones actually have swan DNA. Swans are loving psychotic.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

AnimeJune posted:

God I hope none of the clones actually have swan DNA. Swans are loving psychotic.

https://youtu.be/AgbFDvvVr0w

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Why is no one taking about Alison and Donnie get sex blocked by their daughter, that was the best way to end sex gif.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Alison's own mother is voting against her. Holy poo poo

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Alison scenes and Cosima scenes are usually the best ones, so an episode based around the two of them automatically gets top marks from me.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alison's mother is marvelous.

Particularly her reaction to Cosima.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
All Allison-centric episodes are great and this was no different. Next week looks incredible though.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

macnbc posted:

Alison scenes and Cosima scenes are usually the best ones, so an episode based around the two of them automatically gets top marks from me.

As a lesbian...
Supporter

Will probably have me laughing all week

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

DarklyDreaming posted:

As a lesbian...
Supporter

Will probably have me laughing all week

Felix's reaction to that was great.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I hope that dumbass drug dealing story line leads to some decent payoff, because right now it's rather annoying.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Combat Pretzel posted:

I hope that dumbass drug dealing story line leads to some decent payoff, because right now it's rather annoying.

It feels like one of those plotlines in shows they throw out there because they want to keep the actor around but do not know what to do with them but this is like the 1 show where that shouldn't be a concern they can remove/kill anyone they want.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Helena's moving in with the Hendrixes (really looking forward to some Helena / Donnie scenes) and I assume the remaining Castor clones are gonna come after her. A bunch of Portuguese henchmen are probably gonna come in real handy in that situation.

Or maybe her supplier's just gonna be next in line to kidnap Helena, who knows.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I've only seen justin chatwin in this and shameless, and he's playing the exact same character. It really kind of bothers me actually. I looked him up, and other than the DBZ movie (uh what?) that's basically all he's really known for. I look forward to the next show he's in as the smarmy douchebag you want to hit.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Illinois Smith posted:

Helena's moving in with the Hendrixes (really looking forward to some Helena / Donnie scenes) and I assume the remaining Castor clones are gonna come after her. A bunch of Portuguese henchmen are probably gonna come in real handy in that situation.

Or maybe her supplier's just gonna be next in line to kidnap Helena, who knows.

The only really sad thing about Helena and the Hendrixes is when Helena tries to sleep with Donnie as this show can't help itself.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Hoping Helena murders that douche from Shameless.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

One thing I'm not clear on is how many Girl-Clones are there supposed to be with everyone just hanging out at Dyad all the time you'd think that would come up are they still monitoring the others? Dyad itself should never of been exposed on this level because it feels like the entire shadow organization is run and staffed by like 3-4 people.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I eagerly await Team Hendrix' new in-house muscle next week showing their enemies in the worlds of drug dealing and school politics what for.

Poor Rachel. Just when you think she's suffered enough, she has to sit through Scott teaching her the rules of some mega nerdy board game poo poo. Nothing she's done warrants this Hell.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Homestar Runner posted:

Seriously though, her fighting Mrs. S was epic. I've had a Paul countdown clock for AGES, but his death this time, with the Sara dream sequence was dead-on, going to happen, no matter what. And it was sad. But at least it tied poo poo up together.

Also, towards the recommendations earlier, no to Dollhouse. Really. The lead is so terrible, she brings the entire house down, and not in the good way. You can't ask to go through poo poo episodes, and sloppy premise, and a terrible lead. Too much. Those first episodes take forever to get through and by the time you do, it doesn't even seem worth it for what you get. The premise is shoddy at best, creepy at worst. Whedon's worst work.

Weirdly, since Ksenia Solo's in Orphan Black, try seeing her other work, in Lost Girl. She is sassy as gently caress in that show, easily the best part of it, but the other characters as funny and try to keep up. It's supernatural though, but you were already getting recommendations for the Vampire Diaries, so what the heck.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

socialsecurity posted:

It feels like one of those plotlines in shows they throw out there because they want to keep the actor around but do not know what to do with them but this is like the 1 show where that shouldn't be a concern they can remove/kill anyone they want.

It's definitely a weird thing to throw in there, i read about it before I caught up on the episodes and my immediate thought was 'how could they possibly run out of ideas on this show already?'

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Okay but I loving loved this last episode. It had everything that this show is best at, turned up to 11.

I'm not hating the Castor storyline, but it took me nearly the entire episode to realize I hadn't seen any one of them and didn't miss them a single bit.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

BrianWilly posted:

Okay but I loving loved this last episode. It had everything that this show is best at, turned up to 11.

I'm not hating the Castor storyline, but it took me nearly the entire episode to realize I hadn't seen any one of them and didn't miss them a single bit.

Seconding that. I love that every season there's only 10 episodes, and they devote one of them to wacky impersonation hijinks in Alison's suburban dramaworld.

Scott and Rachel's scenes were fantastic, and I hope there's more coming. They're the new Felix/Alison odd couple.

Also: Donnie taking Alison's last name was a great way to patch up a plothole that I didn't even realise until they mentioned it - that Alison's birth certificate, seen way back in episode 2, had 'Hendrix' as her last name. It helps that it fit their characters perfectly.

Leospeare fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jun 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Personally, I loved Felix's "ok, ok, I quit" moment. The absurdity of the clone-swapping and the urine-trading and the speechifying and all that stuff was so amped up this episode that he's saying exactly what we're all thinking (in the good way.)

Also Helena. Come on. come on, hit me! I want you to do it, I want you to do it, come on! HIT ME!

• Locked thread