Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Man I didn't realize this game had DLC weapons until one round I happened upon the mosin nagant only to never find it again, prompting me to look it up and holy poo poo it's 15$ for 2 weapons?

I want dat mosin but not sure if I want it 15$ much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

organburner posted:

Man I didn't realize this game had DLC weapons until one round I happened upon the mosin nagant only to never find it again, prompting me to look it up and holy poo poo it's 15$ for 2 weapons?

I want dat mosin but not sure if I want it 15$ much...

I bought all the DLC weapons since my friends and I still play regularly and it gets shared if they're in the same server.

My opinion of each:

Mosin Nagant: It feels good, a little expensive (in-game), but hits like a truck. The melee gimmick seems superfluous though. It may be better as a berserker weapon, but isn't cross-perk yet.

Shield and Glock: The shield is alright but the glock is really weak unless you're cleaning up trash. You can't face tank much unless you got a pocket medic on you.

Laser sword: Insanely good, a little awkward at first, one of the best berserker weapons because you get a rechargable delete button which kills most things instantly and puts scrakes and fleshpounds just a few hits from death. It's balanced by the fact that it's really centralizing, since its main use is a rechargeable meter that goes up when you use it, you're using an inferior weapon if you swap to something else in your inventory.

Rhino revolver: Fun and strong, works the same as the nailgun with a bouncing projectile gimmick. The projectile speed is a little slower to compensate, but since stronger enemies are weak to piercing damage, you can effectively use it to handle scrakes and fleshpounds. The ammo gets sapped dry quickly if you use it as a primary.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Theta Zero posted:

I bought all the DLC weapons since my friends and I still play regularly and it gets shared if they're in the same server.

My opinion of each:

Mosin Nagant: It feels good, a little expensive (in-game), but hits like a truck. The melee gimmick seems superfluous though. It may be better as a berserker weapon, but isn't cross-perk yet.

Shield and Glock: The shield is alright but the glock is really weak unless you're cleaning up trash. You can't face tank much unless you got a pocket medic on you.

Laser sword: Insanely good, a little awkward at first, one of the best berserker weapons because you get a rechargable delete button which kills most things instantly and puts scrakes and fleshpounds just a few hits from death. It's balanced by the fact that it's really centralizing, since its main use is a rechargeable meter that goes up when you use it, you're using an inferior weapon if you swap to something else in your inventory.

Rhino revolver: Fun and strong, works the same as the nailgun with a bouncing projectile gimmick. The projectile speed is a little slower to compensate, but since stronger enemies are weak to piercing damage, you can effectively use it to handle scrakes and fleshpounds. The ammo gets sapped dry quickly if you use it as a primary.

Do they ever go on sale?

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

organburner posted:

Do they ever go on sale?

Yes, I bought mine during the first week of the Christmas event when almost everything was half off (looking at my purchase history I think it was 25% off due to being brand-new whereas the Rhino and Ion Thruster bundle were 50% off). KF2 actually has some discounts in their store right now with the Lunar Sale but not for the weapon DLCs. I get the feeling those might not go on sale again until the Summer event.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Haven't played this in a long while. After messing with the health thrower I must say that thing should be the pay2win weapon they'd sell in the store if they wanted to milk fans hard. Starting to feel like some FP MMO when I'm buffing everyone and burning the enemy with magic blue juice.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I've started running my server with friendly fire set to 100% and the health thrower melts your buddies real quick.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
The Spring update has just dropped, weighing in at 6.2GB and adding a new map, 2 weapons, and a bunch of bug fixes. It's also double XP and increased loot drops until the end of the month.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, came back with my buds and we got out asses kicked. Stopped playng right before they added robot enemies and weapon upgrading. Did they mess with recoil? I seem to kick back with all weapons a lot more now. Also choices for every class are staggering, that's a gently caress ton of options for each class, I love it.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
As far as I can tell sometime around the event last summer they ramped up the difficulty for the entire game to the point where it honestly just stopped being fun anymore

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Specifically they made Hard difficulty required for the seasonal goals and pumped up its difficulty. I do not understand why.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

Specifically they made Hard difficulty required for the seasonal goals and pumped up its difficulty. I do not understand why.

Yeah Hard used to be a reasonable challenge, now it's just not fun at all to play, and normal is just too easy

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I want to say I don't think it's too bad, but I have been leaning more towards meta-y builds rather than goofy ones on Suicidal. On the other hand, pretty much every class has a weapon for crowd control or large zeds now, so there's no classes that are "mandatory" anymore save for Medic.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

My friends and I play on Hard but with friendly fire set to 1.0 and that makes for a very different game. I just wish the game tracked FF stats so we could see who was the biggest careless psycho.

FishMist
Apr 24, 2005

*sniff sniff*
FF would be insane on this game, I always shoot the hell out of my teammates by accident, especially the ones who equip that "zed on my back" cosmetic...

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Raising the shambling zed of this thread to point out KF2 is going to be free in the Epic store for a week starting this Thursday:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Takes No Damage posted:

Raising the shambling zed of this thread to point out KF2 is going to be free in the Epic store for a week starting this Thursday:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

In addition, they will be adding cross-platform play between Steam and EGS.

On an unrelated note, my friends and I pooled money to get all the paid DLC weapons, since you can share them if you're in the same server. Pubs will also thank you and give you dosh to show their gratitude, if you're into that kind of thing. If you're interested in getting any, here's my opinion:

Ion Thruster (lightstaber): One of the best Berserker weapons. Has a bad block, but does stupid damage which also counts as electric, meaning it tears apart large zeds. The charge attack is also really fun for an instant delete button which also ragdolls any zeds it doesn't kill and sends them into the stratosphere.

Road Redeemer (baseball bat): The game you need to buy to get it is fun for a while. If you're doing it for the bat, I don't suggest it. It may be the worst Berserker weapon, and perhaps the worst weapon in general. The sound design is bad, the feedback is bad, the damage is bad, and the animation is bad. It also feels like your hits aren't registering half the time, and your swings seemingly just go through zeds. I really, really don't get the point of this weapon.

Rhino (nailgun revolvers): Pretty decent and works like a shotgun for Gunslinger. For a DLC weapon, however, it doesn't feel very unique and is easily replaced with any other weapon in Gunslinger's arsenal, so I'd pass.

Mosin Nagant: Thoroughly okay, like a lever-action with more oomph. Feels very slow and the damage is fairly middling, but the melee attack is strong and the ability to parry with it lets you play on point. It's much, much too slow for harder difficulties, so I'd only suggest buying it if they buff it or allow it to work with Berserker.

Riot Shield: The shield gimmick is neat but if you want to play the wall, you just use Berserker. If you actually try to use it to maintain a front line rather than to mitigate any damage which leaks through, you're going to die unless you have a Medic. The damage on the gun is also very lackluster, so all it does it make you a tanky trash killer. If that's what you want to be, then go for it, but I personally find it disappointing.

Glock 18 (Judge Dredd pistol): Really fun and one of the best DLC weapons next to the lightsaber. It gives Gunslinger the ability to dual wield automatic weapons. It does stupid damage and is balanced by the high price. Despite it eating through ammo, you have plenty in reserves, so the only downside is the tanking of your dosh as you refill it. I mostly solo-wield it since it works as a general "kill anything" primary while I save the big stuff for large zeds. Only downside is that the recoil is bonkers, especially if you dual-wield. Otherwise it's a must-buy.

Compound bow: It's a neat idea, and adds a lot of flexibility to Sharpshooter. Pair with the crossbow and throw on all the stun and fast-firing perks, and you basically act like a long range Support with regenerating ammo, as your arrows piece through enemies and you can pick them up later. The ice arrows are neat too, but I always forget them. You obviously can't kill large zeds as quickly compared to other weapons like the rail gun, but you can still take them out before they can hit you. I'd suggest this if you find normal Sharpshooter too difficult and you're looking for a reason to use the class for once.

Blunderbuss (cannonball launcher): Works like a grenade launcher and a shotgun, so it basically gives Support a grenade launcher of all things, and can be used as Demolitions to give him a shotgun. The cannonballs work like the grenade launcher in Halo, where you hold the fire button and release to make it explode. It's handy as a means to get things off of you as Demolitions, and gives Support a long-range option. The damage isn't half bad, and so it can work as a primary weapon for either class. I'd recommend it if either class is your favorite.

On an even more unrelated note, they added "thank you" lines to every character. Some only have one, however, and you can easily spam them with how short they are. I highly recommend Ana's or DJ Skully's "thank you" lines if you feel like annoying people.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
This post was informative. Thank you.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
KF2 is now free on the EGS, and they just added cross-platform play between it and Steam.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

On an even more unrelated note, they added "thank you" lines to every character. Some only have one, however, and you can easily spam them with how short they are. I highly recommend Ana's or DJ Skully's "thank you" lines if you feel like annoying people.

One of the things I miss most from KF1 is all the silly inexplicably British-slang voice clips. I remember having every single letter and symbol key on my keyboard bound to something once I figured out how to custom bind any voice clip, so I could trigger ones that aren't listed in the options like calling out specific monsters. I'd rather have one or two clip packs for all the characters again to get back I'M BRICKING MESELF! and I AM WELDIN' THIS DOAH!

:homebrew:LOADSAMONEY:homebrew:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Takes No Damage posted:

One of the things I miss most from KF1 is all the silly inexplicably British-slang voice clips. I remember having every single letter and symbol key on my keyboard bound to something once I figured out how to custom bind any voice clip, so I could trigger ones that aren't listed in the options like calling out specific monsters. I'd rather have one or two clip packs for all the characters again to get back I'M BRICKING MESELF! and I AM WELDIN' THIS DOAH!

:homebrew:LOADSAMONEY:homebrew:

They do have the classic characters with the same voice actors and lines.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I miss the old trader ;_;

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

organburner posted:

I miss the old trader ;_;

Too bad she's canonically dead since according to Tripwire, she died in the explosion that happens in the End Of The Line objective mode.

Then again, so did the Patriarch's daughter, and now she's still running around anyway. I'm surprised they haven't made the trader a playable character yet, though.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well her sister is playable, that's probably as good as it gets.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

New seasonal event with a new map and some weapons. The new map is huge and crazy easy to get lost in. Set in the London underground, and features Hell obelisks that you can use to briefly swap some health for damage and speed upgrades.
Looks great.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/232090?emclan=103582791434017605&emgid=2807388822890757099

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
I haven't tried the Scorcher or Arc Generator yet since I haven't gotten to leveling my Firebug and Survivalist yet, but I have tried the Minigun and Mine Reconstructor and I gotta say, these are some pretty weak paid weapons.

Minigun:
It's FUN because come on, it's a minigun, but if you're not a high-level commando the recoil/spread makes it hard to hit targets consistently even at medium range. Its base mag size is 90 and its ammo reserve is around 630. Its comparable to the Stoner, but weighs 10 and does a bit more damage. If you don't have extended mag perks and extra ammo it eats through bullets really fast and you're stuck reloading constantly. Plus with its weight the only other commando weapon you can carry is an AR-15. It has potential, but Tripwire would need to increase the mag size and give it some extra ammo to be worth it. This one is more for playing around on normal and hard, not very good on suicidal or HOE.

Mine Reconstructor:

It's interesting, that's about the nicest thing I can say about it. It basically throws globs of bloat bombs on the ground that hurt enemies and heal allies when they step on them. The main issues I have with this is that a single-shot mine is pitifully weak and enemies have a habit of just barely missing it so it doesn't go off. In addition, the weaker mines have very small splash damage, so it's very easy for a clot to walk on a mine with a bunch of enemies right behind it and he's the only one who gets poisoned. A fully charged mine takes half the clip and like 1/18 your entire ammo reserve. It deals okay damage, but it's really too hard to coordinate setting traps for enemies when a single headshot from any other medic weapon will kill trash enemies, and hitting enemies directly with the mine when you launch it seems to defeat the purpose. If you're a damage medic and upgrade it twice it might be a really good kiting weapon (as well as hitting scrakes and FPs with direct max charge mines), but at that point you're not really playing medic. On top of that it weighs 8 so if you want to upgrade your choices of other weapons will be limited. Oh, there are also no darts, so if you run out of ammo you can't even heal anyone with it, and you can't step on your own mines or heal yourself with them, so there's that too. I think it has potential but I would definitely lower the weight to 7 and either increase the base splash radius so it becomes more of a horde poisoner/clearer or increase the base ammo by like 50%.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Can you reload mines by sucking up bloat bile off the floor?

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Gromit posted:

Can you reload mines by sucking up bloat bile off the floor?

Nope, the alt-fire just detonates any mines you have out (max allowed is 12), which is pretty pointless because as stated the splash radius is fairly small unless it's a fully charged mine and the expectation is enemies either walk on it or you hit them with it directly. You can't suck up bile bloat or anything.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
I've been doing a lot of grinding and tried out the Scorcher and Arc Generator and these are my thoughts:

Scorcher

At first it seemed really lame because while it does okay damage, having an ammo capacity of only 32 or so is really limiting. It does a lot more damage than the regular flare guns, obviously, but it didn't seem worth it. That is until I tried its alt-fire it with Ground Fire. Bring the Heat, Ground Fire, and Zed Shrapnel melts tons of poo poo, and even the big zeds being slowed due to Ground Fire get pretty weakened. If you have a good long area where enemies are channeled (like the hallway in Biotics Lab where people like to camp) you can just keep launching broken flares and melt hordes. It's niche and needs the right environment to show its full potential, but it's certainly an excellent back-up weapon. Its direct fire deals respectable damage too in case a FP or Scrake makes it through your fire, and since the flare sticks to enemies it can be handy against the Pat or Matriarch when they cloak and there's no Commando.

Arc Generator

It's okay. It was fun at first, especially the way the lightning bounces between zeds, but while it does alright damage and you can easily take down FPs and Scrakes with it combining the alt-fire and regular fire, it goes through ammo pretty quickly and has a built-in downside from the Microwave Gun it's based on where it only gets half a mag back from ammo pickups (i.e. 45 ammo). It also weighs quite a bit, but since Survivalist has the option of increasing his carry weight by 5 with Weapon Harness it's not as big an issue as other classes. I'm not sure if I'd use this on the harder difficulties but it's absolutely fine if you do; shocking big zeds for your teammates to finish them off can be very handy.

However I found my favorite combo the other day: Gunslinger and Glock 18c.

Glock 18c basically breaks Gunslinger with the right perks. GS and Sharp have the skill Rack 'Em Up which increases the damage your guns do by 10% for every headshot up to 50% for a couple seconds per increase. This made sense because they have semi-auto weapons and need to be careful with their shots, so a skill like that on SWAT or Commando with full auto weapons would be incredibly OP as they'd have a constant +50% damage on top of the extra damage they get with leveling up and other skills. Give the Gunslinger a Glock with an incredibly high automatic rate of fire and suddenly aiming carefully doesn't matter so much. It shreds everything and you can even pepper a Scrake or FP's head from far away to get the +50% bonus and then switch to .500 Magnums or a Centerfire and take them out in one or two headshots, depending on the difficulty and your level. Add on top of that Gunslinger gets Skullcracker where headshots slow enemies by 30% and the fact GS can run 25% faster (with Quick Draw) and nothing can catch you, not even bosses. The Glock also has an insane ammo capacity of 495 so you can spray and pray all the time. It's disgusting and I love it.

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 13, 2020

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
This year's event is disappointing. Elysium is a really lame map for a number of reasons.

The first is the fact it doesn't feel like a Christmas map. At all. Previous years we had Santa's Workshop, or Krampus' Lair, this year we get a map that feels like a Halloween map with other parts recycled in.

Second, the design is flawed. Part of the game is learning where enemies spawn and defending certain areas, but in this one (the main area mostly) enemies will spawn above you and drop down and spawn from any angle around the perimeter if you try to move away from the center. As well, because the perimeter is fully open and exposed and raised above, you're sitting ducks for Husks and EDARs to blast you from all angles. Get a Husk wave in Endless and it's almost a guaranteed game over. Then, there's the fact that the level was designed with a multitude of different areas, and so the ammo spawns were spread across these areas. Get the Tron-like area, for example, and there will probably be 4 ammo spawns. The main atrium area though? There's one. And if you grab it, it probably won't respawn since the game is programmed to cycle through ammo spawn spots as they get grabbed, and since none of the others can be grabbed it won't cycle. And this is the area where you ALWAYS have to fight the boss. Even better, this area also has a number of environmental hazards that usually hurt you more than the Zeds.

Third, the amalgam aspect and seasonal event. In case anyone hasn't figured it out, Elysium has the main starting area and a number of different sections almost like Descent; I think they're called Virtual, Forest, Swamp, Space, Desert, and Castle. Forest and Desert have collectibles you need that will then add Loremaster Sanctum and Botanica to the rotation. The problem is that you start in the main area, then every other wave (in Endless at least) it will teleport you to one of these other areas, and it seems to be random. This means you could get bad RNG and not see Forest or Desert for the required collectibles for 15 waves, and then once you get them you might not get the special hidden areas for just as many more. And if you don't grab all the collectibles while you're there? Have fun waiting to see if you get the right area within the next hour. Quite annoying when these 4 things are required for the seasonal. Plus all this for ANOTHER backpack, and some ugly lil elf at that. The Jaeger Dynamic skins at least were neat.

Next, the new DLC weapon is... I have no idea. I wasn't going to pay $9.99 for ONE weapon, or even $7.49 when it was on sale. This isn't the first time Tripwire has released one weapon, but usually they come in bundles so you get two for $7.49 on sale. $9.99 for one weapon is more than the freakin' game costs right now on sale on Steam ($9.89 at 67% off).

Finally, there's the fact that while these events last about a month, the sales and increased drops and double experience are almost always one week. It's annoying and I know it's to create a Fear Of Missing Out, but I don't have time to cram all my playing into one week, and once they revert back to normal levels it becomes all the more clear how grindy this game has always been, which is disappointing. The fact one clot on HoE gives 16.5 xp at Prestige 5 and by level 24 it takes almost 45,0000 xp to level up just makes me realize how much longer it must take for a Prestige 0 playing on Normal or Hard to level up after level 20, not to mention if you're fighting a boss and you die you get no xp if you win.

The game's gone through a lot in the 5 and a half years since it was in beta, and I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it, but I guess I've finally burned out since there's not enough new here to keep my attention, and I get the feeling Tripwire is out of ideas to keep the game going; based on how dead this thread has become probably a lot of other people feel the same way.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
My thing is that for awhile it really felt like they were pushing KF2 map design forward- we had Krampus' Lair, which introduced a structure where we moved from one end of the map to the other, then DieSector which is Endless-only but changes which parts of the map you can access per wave. And then a few months later Airship comes out, which has almost a story! There's a narrator, and objectives! And then we get Santa's Workshop, with a celebrity-voiced narrator and objectives that were better-designed than Airship's, and Objective mode came out a few months later, and at some point it just... stopped. Now we get basic maps and DLC weapons.

I think what happened is that making ever more impressive maps with better gameplay and voiced narrators and such costs noticeably more money, and KF2 is four years old and probably just not making enough money to justify paying people to make stuff that doesn't pull in enough players and get them buying the game, buying DLC weapons, and buying crate keys to justify the ongoing expense. I can't blame them, but it is a bummer.

E: Here's me 18 months ago, spotting a trend that was not about to reverse.

Pope Guilty posted:

Steam Fortress really feels like they wanted to remake the airship without any of the mechanics. This and Spillway are a huge step back from the progressively more interesting maps we were getting, like Krampus' Lair, monster castle, and Santa's workshop.

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 18, 2020

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Have they said anything recently about Killing Floor 3? I had thought they would be looking to launch it close-ish to the next-gen console launches, and it felt like 2 has been winding down since the introduction of the paid weapon packs. Weren't they described as beta testing weapon concepts for KF3 at some point?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Random question: Does KF2 take forever to load on PC for anybody else? I just timed it and going from clicking the Play button in Steam to the main menu, even skipping the studio logo animations, took two minutes and fifteen seconds. I don't think my PC is too slow or anything either- I played a round on Prison and that took ~10 seconds to load the map.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Pope Guilty posted:

Random question: Does KF2 take forever to load on PC for anybody else? I just timed it and going from clicking the Play button in Steam to the main menu, even skipping the studio logo animations, took two minutes and fifteen seconds. I don't think my PC is too slow or anything either- I played a round on Prison and that took ~10 seconds to load the map.

KF2 uses some kind of weird update system which lets them freely adjust the game balance without requiring a download each time they modify a value. Whenever you launch the game, it tries to verify a bunch of files with their servers. Ironically, Tripwire has never actually used this function and saves even minor tweaks for major content updates, so the time which would theoretically be saved by using this system doesn't stack up to the time actually spent waiting for the game to launch. Not even an SSD will speed up load times.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I haven't played since before they added the sharpshooter, swat, and survivalist classes, thought I'd check it out again for the holiday season. First thing I did was prestige all my classes that were already at level 25 and got like 20 golden crates from the vault, most of it amounting to duplicates of the same dumb pajama outfit across multiple characters and weapon skins that are literally the same but have different degrees of scratches :lol:

lovely cosmetics aside, the new classes are fun and they added a bunch of weapons since I last played. I got to play around with some of the paid DLC but none of them seemed too essential or overpowered except for maybe the auto glocks.

You can also tell the new Elysium map is a fan map, it has the same incoherent vibe as early Source SDK creations. It's like someone took their first draft ideas and decided to cram them all across one map.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

moot the hopple posted:

You can also tell the new Elysium map is a fan map, it has the same incoherent vibe as early Source SDK creations. It's like someone took their first draft ideas and decided to cram them all across one map.

They've done several like that, including Descent, Nightmare, and Power whatever. They're... alright. I appreciate Elysium at least adding the unlockable rooms.

(Also if you haven't done Santa's Workshop yet, holy poo poo do that, it rules.)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Just getting back into this game. Last played a whiiiile ago. Judging by my perk levels, pre-Survivalist. Is the Field Medic meta still LLLLL 401/101, with a potential DBS? Does having more weight slow you down, or is that just my imagination?

moot the hopple posted:

I like the desert section and wish it had its own map, it's got a real Serious Sam vibe that I absolutely dig (though it could use some doors), but yeah, it's mostly garbage.

Edit: Am I the only one in the world who still likes Tragic Kingdom?

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 27, 2020

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Just getting back into this game. Last played a whiiiile ago. Judging by my perk levels, pre-Survivalist. Is the Field Medic meta still LLLLL 401/101, with a potential DBS? Does having more weight slow you down, or is that just my imagination?

I like the desert section and wish it had its own map, it's got a real Serious Sam vibe that I absolutely dig (though it could use some doors), but yeah, it's mostly garbage.

I like to go right on the one that gives you increased reload and running speed as the left side one is the least essential one, and yes more weight slows you down

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

If memory serves, at each level the Field Medic has a "heal others better" and a "do damage better" option and unless a particular perk tickles your fancy you should probably adjust based on how many people you're playing with and how much healing they're needing.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit: Am I the only one in the world who still likes Tragic Kingdom?

They rebalanced the right side perks of Medic to be more appealing rather than nerfing the left (generally). I personally think it's a good trade-off between deciding to be more of a damage dealer versus relying fully on your team (or just generally keeping a bad team alive). Medic has much more offensive weapons such as a railgun to make it more independent. And weight doesn't slow you down in KF2, so it's just your imagination at work.

I also generally find Tragic Kingdom okay, I think it's one of the weaker maps and I generally just use Firebug because it's too cramped with an excessive amount of spawnpoints and flanking routes for zeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Just solo'd the Matriarch for the first time! On Hard, Level 20 Commando, LLLL. M16 + RPG. I know that sounds like a Demo build, but the extra HP let me take a hit or two before getting slowed too badly, which got me out of several scrapes. Probably could've used an LMG instead of the RPG but gently caress it, I had fun and the RPG was still strong enough to one-shot Scrakes on a headshot.