Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Why are you eating on a toilet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
For the ambience.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

big scary monsters posted:

This isn't the dish I planned to make tonight but I was super hungry and this looked like the fastest one to do. It was really tasty, I think I overcooked the boiled broccoli ever so slightly past al dente but it was still fine, and next time I'd use less salt - the bacon I used instead of pancetta already had enough of it. Very nice though, super simple, I'll probably make it again some time.

Broccoli and Pancetta Linguine

This photo is art.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I made some stuffed peppers, I've taken some photos but not uploaded them yet will do it tomorrow sometime.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

For the ambience.

For the ambients. :eng101:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Managed to upload them, I made some alterations. I don't like mince so diced some casserole steak, used red onion, added some mushrooms and corguettes, added some fennel seeds and sumac, I used tomato puree and beef stock instead of tomatoes and toppped it with cheese.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It's very unsanitary to eat on the toilet.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
How come votefinder shows wall monitor as voting for wall monitor?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

How come votefinder shows wall monitor as voting for wall monitor?

Apparently someone went in and gave me the alias of 'Alasdair Jerkfish'. I wonder who would have done that.

Let's do this properly, then: ##vote Alasdair Crawfish

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

This isn't the dish I planned to make tonight but I was super hungry and this looked like the fastest one to do. It was really tasty, I think I overcooked the boiled broccoli ever so slightly past al dente but it was still fine, and next time I'd use less salt - the bacon I used instead of pancetta already had enough of it. Very nice though, super simple, I'll probably make it again some time.

Broccoli and Pancetta Linguine

The flower is such a nice touch.

In all seriousness, I find that steaming broccoli is so vastly preferable to boiling broccoli that I...never boil broccoli.

If you don't have a steamer (and I don't), the solution is to put a smidgen of water in the pot along with the broccoli (like, maybe half a centimeter). So, slap a lid on top and it'll boil and start steaming very very quickly, and it's near impossible to overcook. Just peek in every couple of minutes for that delicious deep green color.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
(and yes I see what that recipe is doing. i'd probably toss the broccoli in a minute or two before the pasta is done, because it just takes a lot less time for broccoli to cook than pasta. the good news is it looks completely delicious and I guess i'll be making that soon.)

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
Cooking is hard. :cripes:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Harold Krell posted:

Cooking is hard. :cripes:

Good thing you don't have to! Remember this game doesn't require you to cook. Plus the new twist that sets it apart from the other Cookfia's is that when someone cooks everyone owns points. You can coast along if you don't feel comfortable or capable of actually cooking.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Only Exakt and Punt have yet to give me the name of the dish they're going to be. Alasdair, BSM, Chic, Ernie, Grandi, Propaganda Machine still need to send me their recipes. It's fine if you can't get to it until tomorrow. Just a friendly reminder! I have enough data to do the preliminary pricing anyway so keep an eye on the Government Shop!

Edit: The store is ready and available! Incidentally most recipes have been priced at 10 points. Because three people have cooked so far everyone is in possession of 30 points.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Apr 23, 2015

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I made 100's other recipe tonight. Also pretty decent, my stuffing could have used a but more seasoning but fortunately there's plenty left so I can add more spices and stuff for the next dish.

100yr’s Stuffed Peppers

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I also need to cook a bit earlier so that's there's more light for the photos.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BSM, pal, if you need we will start a kickstarter to get you a table.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
No I wanna see where he'll put his food next don't spoil the fun!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Next I put the food in my mouth???

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
:O amazing

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

We're allowed to do variations on the recipe instead of following it strictly, according to the OP... how much variety/creativity are we talking?

The example I'm thinking of would be for stuffed peppers... would something like A. B. T's (cream-cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon) count? Those are technically stuffed peppers. I guess I'm asking if we're talking letter of the law or spirit of the law here.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Though to clarify, I'm not planning on making ABT's. I was just curious.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm going to try THE PASTA tomorrow I think.

Also I have IT ON GOOD EVIDENCE that Capitalist Pig is scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote CapitalistPig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to try THE PASTA tomorrow I think.

Also I have IT ON GOOD EVIDENCE that Capitalist Pig is scum.

Your good evidence is poo poo because I'm VT

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also lets not kill me until I get back home and actually cook my dish and take pictures.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

wall monitor posted:

We're allowed to do variations on the recipe instead of following it strictly, according to the OP... how much variety/creativity are we talking?

The example I'm thinking of would be for stuffed peppers... would something like A. B. T's (cream-cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon) count? Those are technically stuffed peppers. I guess I'm asking if we're talking letter of the law or spirit of the law here.

I was wondering about this as well because stuffed peppers sound amazing but I'd prefer to use poblanos for extra heat, and beans because the boyfriend doesn't eat rice unless it's in soup.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I made stuffed peppers for dinner!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Your good evidence is poo poo because I'm VT

CapPig more like CapScum IMO.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Look Under The Rock posted:

I was wondering about this as well because stuffed peppers sound amazing but I'd prefer to use poblanos for extra heat, and beans because the boyfriend doesn't eat rice unless it's in soup.

Yeah it's fine! I like seeing the different sort of takes people have on a recipe. That said I'm green with envy that you have such easy access to jalapeños.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Recipe sent, but for some reason I included a measurement for precisely one ingredient instead of none at all :v:

Keane if you let pig stay alive he will cook things and then you will get points. To buy a items.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah it's fine! I like seeing the different sort of takes people have on a recipe. That said I'm green with envy that you have such easy access to jalapeños.

Oh yeah, it's awesome. Based on some quick googling I have it even better than most since I'm in Florida. Say what you will about the people here but having warm temperatures 51 weeks out of the year makes growing hot-dependent things really drat easy.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:munch: is there a place for spectators to submit recipes?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I finally decided on a recipe but I can't submit it until tonight when I get home to look at the cookbook it's in

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

wall monitor posted:

Oh yeah, it's awesome. Based on some quick googling I have it even better than most since I'm in Florida. Say what you will about the people here but having warm temperatures 51 weeks out of the year makes growing hot-dependent things really drat easy.

SoCal has me completely spoiled. My local supermarket has an entire (large) produce fridge dedicated to myriad hot peppers and cacti and things that scare and confuse me.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Propaganda Machine posted:

SoCal has me completely spoiled. My local supermarket has an entire (large) produce fridge dedicated to myriad hot peppers and cacti and things that scare and confuse me.

My small Michigan town has a significant Hispanic/Vietnamese population so I have access to a lot of specialty ingredients.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Are jalapenos a difficult thing to get?

I've had them in every grocery store I've ever been in for pretty cheap.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ripe jalapenos yes.

What you get in the store are green unripe jalapenos that (honestly) taste like crap. Red jalapenos mush during transport due to how soft their exterior is so they're not mass produced. You'd have to grow them yourself (and only then do my taste buds actually think they're a good edible thing - but that might just be me).

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Are jalapenos a difficult thing to get?

I've had them in every grocery store I've ever been in for pretty cheap.

:munch: It depends where you live. If you live in the states, especially the southern ones it should be incredibly easy. Even in Canada, it's fairly easy, although the price and quality varies. From what I understand, in places like France (where 100yrs lives) it's a lot more difficult.

E: I've never had red jalapeños. Are they better in some way?

Jump King fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

The thing that hurts my soul to only get once in a while is decent avocado. Either they're rock hard or total mush. Even when I find one that seems okay, like half the time there's nasty black rotten streaks throughout. God I love and miss avocado.

Plus side though, last year I grew my own hot peppers (Serrano, jalapeno, habanero, and ghost) and made a killer hot sauce by roasting them all in the oven with a whole bulb of garlic, then throwing everything in a blender with some lemon juice. My boyfriend eats hot sauce with literally every meal so I let him taste test it first and he mimed cartoon smoke coming out of his ears and asked me to tone it down. That stuff was amazing.

• Locked thread