Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Grandicap posted:

Good news everyone. Well, bad news for me, but I now have 8 shots at making an unconfirmed masonry with whoever I want. This is not an action so I can make them all today.

Who wants to be a mason with me?

Hahaha, does that mean that the unlabelled spices all did the same thing? Sure though, let's be mason buds and talk about the four people who don't make it into the crew behind their backs.

Presumably there are one or two other someones able to form masonries too then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So each of the masonries I make will be a 2 man masonry, me and the other, not one giant masonry. I will send PMs out when I get home to those lucky few.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

Hahaha, does that mean that the unlabelled spices all did the same thing? Sure though, let's be mason buds and talk about the four people who don't make it into the crew behind their backs.

Presumably there are one or two other someones able to form masonries too then.

And yes, apparently the unlabeled spices all did the same thing, I am disappointed.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Everyone should pool their points and restock the store so I can buy more masonries. I want to be everyone's mason. If everyone does it we can have full OOT talk and that would be hilarious.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Grandicap posted:

Everyone should pool their points and restock the store so I can buy more masonries. I want to be everyone's mason. If everyone does it we can have full OOT talk and that would be hilarious.

It would really suck if you turned out to be scum... not that I would already know! :allears:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Grandicap I dunno why you haven't made me a mason yet either.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

EXAKT Science (4): Puntification, EccoRaven, big scary monsters, AnonymousNarcotics
EccoRaven (3): CCKeane, EXAKT Science, Harold Krell
Look Under The Rock (1): Grandicap, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Alasdair Crawfish (1): wall monitor
Chic Trombone (1): Grandicap, Look Under The Rock, Grandicap

Not Voting (3): Alasdair Crawfish, Chic Trombone, Ernie.

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 29th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 29 minutes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hey guys deadline is in three hours, you all should vote for Exakt. Grandicap wall and LUTR that means you!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Yeah not to sound too eager but it'd probably be good to get someone on the chopping block today. If anyone has a really convincing case or startling revelation to make now would be a good time for it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Exakt

Ecco, your masonhood is being processed. A whole bunch of masonhoods are being processed, I just sent the PM to 100. My choices were:

code:
Ecco
Keane
Alisdair
BSM
Ernie
Wall Monitor
LUTR
Punt
If you didn't get picked, you should feel bad. That is all.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I just got confirmation that all masonries went through, you can start PMing me if you want to chat, I'll probably reach out at some point later if you don't. Off to skype the kid with his great grandparents now, toodles.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Grandicap posted:

##vote Exakt

Ecco, your masonhood is being processed. A whole bunch of masonhoods are being processed, I just sent the PM to 100. My choices were:

code:
Ecco
Keane
Alisdair
BSM
Ernie
Wall Monitor
LUTR
Punt

Ew, jerk. I do feel bad.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Grandicap posted:

##vote Exakt

code:
Ecco
Keane
Alisdair
BSM
Ernie
Wall Monitor
LUTR
Punt

thanks grandi, I feel good :)

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
##vote exakt

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Grandicap posted:

##vote Exakt

code:
Ecco
Keane
Alisdair
BSM
Ernie
Wall Monitor
LUTR
Punt

:(

##vote Exakt

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Noooooooooo, goodbye EXAKT Science!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ExaktScience Town Vanilla, Pad Thai has been eliminated!

The Recipe:

My recipe is PAD THAI

1 Package Medium Rice Noodles

High-heat cooking oil, such as safflower or peanut
Shallots, chopped
Garlic, minced
Protein of choice (tofu, chicken, and shrimp are all good options, and can be combined to great effect)
Egg, beaten

Tamarind paste
Fish sauce
Rice vinegar
Sugar to taste, palm sugar if possible
Chilis to taste

Crushed peanuts
Bean sprouts
Scallions
Lime, kaffir lime if possible

Soak rice noodles in warm water until mostly soft
Crush chilies in a mortar and pestle
In a bowl, combine fish sauce, vinegar, sugar, tamarind, and crushed chilies
In a pan over medium heat, toast peanuts. Remove and reserve.
In a pan over medium-high heat, add oil and fry garlic and shallots until fragrant
Add tofu and fry until lightly browned
Add noodles and cook lightly
Add sauce and cook until mostly absorbed
Push contents of pan to side and scramble egg until mostly set, then toss to incorporate
Add half of bean sprouts and scallions and toss to combine, then remove from heat
Serve hot and garnish with crushed peanuts, remaining shallots and bean sprouts, and lime

As always feel free to cook and chat. We'll open up the game in time for a nice weekend D3, that is to say game will start up around 2 am EST Saturday morning. If you have any purchases you want to make or powers you want to use please let me know. I will be phasing out the Stuffed Peppers and the Pasta on Saturday, but only for the players so if you haven't made them go on and do so. Spectators and dead players can cook anything at any time and earn players points.

Final votecount:

Votecount for Day 2

EXAKT Science (7): Puntification, EccoRaven, big scary monsters, AnonymousNarcotics, Grandicap, Look Under The Rock, Chic Trombone
EccoRaven (3): CCKeane, EXAKT Science, Harold Krell
Alasdair Crawfish (1): wall monitor
Look Under The Rock (0): Grandicap, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Grandicap
Chic Trombone (0): Grandicap, Look Under The Rock, Grandicap, Look Under The Rock

Not Voting (2): Alasdair Crawfish, Ernie.

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 29th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 53 minutes.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 30, 2015

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oooh pad thai, I am excited.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Okay this weekend I am just going to make all the foods. Mafia: don't nightkill me if you want free stuff.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I'm glad exakt died because I loving love pad Thai.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
:rip:

Recipe looks good though, starting to feel like mine is a bit dull and also guilty about how badly I wrote it up. I've had to make so many trips to the supermarket for this game.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Pad Thai! Awesome.

I'm moving starting on Thursday, either the Pad Thai or the corn will be one of the first things we make in the new kitchen~

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

By the way, all of Grandicap's masonries are valid. You guys have the right to speak OOT. That's just between Grandicap and his mason partners, the individual masons should not be speaking to one another. Just to Grandicap, the most beautiful debutante at the ball.

Don't forget you guys can restock the store at the cost of 100 points. That can be done by 1 person or all of you just let me know how you're going to divvy up the charges.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Guys grandicap just scumclaimed to me in djchat.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

I mean, I prefer to think of it as a scum slip rather than a scum claim.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Grandicap what is your recipe?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
It makes sense too. Scum would already be able to communicate OOT with people right? So obviously he just added a few scumbuddies to his OOT roster.

V. likely to be scum eye emm aitch oh.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

big scary monsters posted:

Grandicap what is your recipe?

Soft pretzels.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
dead/spectator cookin!

POINTS INCOMING OTHER PEOPLE IN THIS GAME

I made some stuffed peps bitches.

Mise en Place (Not pictured, Cumin and premade chunky salsa that I forgot to put in the picture)
(left to right)

Mild Italian Sausage,Rice,Tomato Juice,Tomato Paste,Jumpy Jay's Jalapeno Pepper Sauce, Peps, A Shallot,Butter(on the spice rack), Paprika,Garlic Powder,Ground thyme,Ground Sage,Black Pepper,Salt, and onion powder.

First prep the peps

Then dice the shallots nice and fine

Cook The rice and set it aside

Get a pan and add some buttah to tha pan and melt said butter on medium high heat.

Add shallots and cook em up for a minute until they get soft.

Add all the seasoning and the hot sauce (except the cumin) to your taste and cook it up for another minute.

Add the italian sausage to the same pan and brown it up till its nice and cooked (taste it and add more seasonings if need be and then.....

Rice and Sausage, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride.

Oh whats this? You have a pan with some remnants and oil? Sounds like a sauce makin pan to me!

High heat and add some of that chunky salsa and some of that cumin and more salt and pepper.

cook that poo poo up for a minute

drop some of that Tomato Juice in there and stir it up real good.

Next comes the tomato paste (the whole can!) and whisk it up Brah!

taste that poo poo again and add more cumin and seasonin's if it needs it and then lower it down to medium and cover it, cook it for about 5 more minutes stirring every so often so it doesnt burn and what you have will look like this.

Oh whats that? Sausage and rice have a polyamorous relationship and sauce is gettin in the mix! :monocle:

Stuff the peps and put em in a pan (I like to take the leftover rice and bake it with the peps for lunches the next few days.)
Put said pan into a 360 degree oven for about 45 minutes to an hour so the peps get nice and cooked.

This is the result.

poo poo is good yo.

Tune in tomorrow night when I will offer a BONUS RECIPE!!!!!

The theme of which will be turning cheap ingredients into bomb rear end food.

Then Friday I'm making my rabbit so Pig be cookin this week.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I'm thinking maybe i should have held off on claiming (and posting) my recipe like I did

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Grandicap posted:

Soft pretzels.

Nice.

Also nice. Your rabbit was good, looking forward to your take on it and also the bonus recipe.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I keep missing everything, I blame dodgeball. again.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

Bring it up on D3. Not during the night please.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Hey guys, today I am making soup!

I started with the leftover bones of two roast chickens in a stock pot, covered with water and a couple good splashes of balsamic vinegar. Let that simmer for a few hours -- the longer the better. I was rushed and only simmered them for two hours and my broth is not as tasty as I'd like.

While the bones simmered, I roasted four bulbs of garlic by putting them in a muffin tin and sticking them in the oven at 375. Using a muffin tin means I was able to see when they started to brown, it took about half an hour, 45 minutes maybe. If you don't have a muffin tin you can just wrap the bulbs individually in foil and bake them on a cookie sheet. After they're done, pull them out, let them cool, and peel each clove like a delicious Christmas present. The garlic should be totally soft and squishy, you can just squeeze each clove out of the bottom of its papery skin, but you'll lose a lot of roasted goodness. It's worth the effort to peel each clove.

When your broth is done, put it through a sieve to remove all the bones and gristle. Mash your garlic and add it to the broth with whatever other seasonings you like in chicken soup -- I'm using Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, black pepper, dill, and sambal oelek.

Chop a bunch of kale and a head of broccoli and add those to the pot, plus two cans of chickpeas or cannelini beans.
Cook until veggies are tender and baby, you got a stew going!

It's worth mentioning that I made a vegan version of this recipe for my sister simultaneously. Instead of using bone broth in hers, I used vegetable stock, and I didn't add Worcestershire. The garlic is really the highlight of this dish. I took a few photos of the process but it's super tedious to upload and post even one photo on my phone so most will probably never see the light of day, but...

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT LOOK UNDER THE ROCK IS COOKING???

This is a super garlic recipe, fair warning you should not make this recipe if your house/hands/clothes smelling like garlic for the next 24 hours will bother you

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

loving poo poo I hate doing everything on my phone

Here are the pictures, whatever

http://imgur.com/gljYrRY
http://imgur.com/nlHmkyr

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:siren: Bonus Recipe! :siren:

Ok so it's time for some BOMB rear end Ramen noodles.

Ingredients

Ramen noodles, instant 2 packages (50 cents total)

4 eggs (from a 1.79 pack of eggs)

2 packets of soy sauce from chinese i had delivered like a month ago (essentially free because I had it hanging around already)

Sriracha,red pepper flakes, black pepper, and ginger (I keep these things on hand pretty much at all times)

1 package of white mushrooms (1.50 on sale)

1 small flatiron steak (4.90)

a couple carrots and a few green onions (carrots from a 99 cent bag of carrots and the green onions were 1.20 a bunch)

The flavor packet from only ONE of the packages(theres plenty of salt in this dish already we dont need the second one.)

A capful of vinegar (another thing I always have on hand)

Total cost to me for this meal that fed 2 people and had leftovers.
$10.88 not bad for a meal and enough left over for two more lunches the next day, plus the extra eggs, carrots and green onions for some good omelettes.

Anyway, lets get started, prep all the things

Cut and peel the carrots

Use the peeler to make the carrots into long thin slices like so

Cut up the bottom part of the green onions and set aside

Cut the top part of the green onions and put them with the carrots

Wash the mushrooms and set aside

Now slice the steak up into long thin slices like so

Set the ramens to boiling and set aside when finished

Get your wok super hot and put some oil of some kind in the bottom, when its super hot toss in some red pepper flakes and let them sizzle in the oil for a minute

add the lower parts of the green onions that you set aside and cook em up good for about 30 seconds (it's gonna be loud as gently caress, if it isnt your heat is too low)

The wok should be blazing hot by now (it needs to be on high for this entire process of stir frying, i'm loving serious)
add the meat and stir fry it for a good minute to minute and a half

add the two packets of soy sauce, the ginger, and the black pepper and keep on stir fryin' for another 30 seconds (the sizziling and popping will slow down and become a nice frying sound)

add in half of the carrots you shaved and keep on frying for another 30 seconds

now add the shrooms and keep on stirrin' cook them for about another minute and a half (just fyi it still needs to be on high and you need to be constantly stirring the whole time)

add the cooked noodles and stir fry stir fry stir fry (the noodles may stick a little , thats ok just keep on stirring)

OK now add water to about the halfway point and stir it up good making sure to scrape the bottom and get all those bits(keep it on high for now)

now add the capful of vinegar and the ramen seasoning packet and stir it in good (keep it on high for now still)

Crack the eggs and drop them in sort of away from each other

Cover the eggs gently with noodles and stuff

NOW, turn the heat to medium and cover the wok now this part is important DONT loving TOUCH IT FOR 5 MINUTES don't stir it dont touch it. LEAVE IT ALONE.

to give you something to do during those five minutes get your favorite Ramen havin' bowl and add some of the green onion tops and uncooked carrot shavings.

after 5 minutes uncover the thing and turn off the heat and you are now READY

Get a ladle and scoop some of the hot broth over the raw veggies in your bowl (broth only) then scoop in the good stuff (don't forget a couple of those eggs!)

squirt some sriracha over it and go hawg wild!

so delicious, now THATS how you do instant ramen.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Pig that is fantastic. I want it right now.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I will be making this ramen very soon.

Forgot to mention with the soup I made, is also saved all the chicken juices from roasting them birds and threw them in the soup too (I forgot to mention it because I totally forgot I'd saved them until it was almost time to eat, so they were added last minute) and out really elevated the dish. It's super filling and my vegan sister loved the side batch with vegetable bouillon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I made a horrible representation of Pad Thai tonight. I had I think 0 of the ingredients on the list and made it anyway. I will post terrifying pictures when the day opens.

• Locked thread