Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Here's the thread for posting the WORST thing you've done as a child. I'll start things off - my family had a cat that we found as a stray. Soon after finding the cat, I decided I'd take the cat for a walk - we took our dog for walks, and I was young enough that I didn't understand people didn't walk cats. I fashioned a makeshift lead out of some twine and put it on the cat before trying to walk it around my garden, and believe you me, all hell broke loose. Later I learned that I was probably hurting the cat by tying string around it and yanking on the string, and I felt terribly guilty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I shot a squirrel with a BB gun. It didn't die but I hit it in the eye and you could see the metal by gleaming in its socket. I saw it every time I went to my mothers house every other weekend. I hate myself for it, and the squirrel hated me as it glared at me with its metal ocular implant.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
i told my parents i accepted jesus into my heart when i was very young...i think i was 5...but i did so because i glanced at my mom's notes in church and she was praying for my salvation so i said i prayed the sinners prayer in church even though i didn't care i just wanted her to feel nice. i confessed that's what happened when i was seven, in tears one night.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Overall I was a pretty good kid so my "worsts" are all kind of on the same level.

When I was 5 my mom didn't let me outside to play for some reason and being a little poo poo I sneaked out and started ringing neighbors doorbells claiming my mom took all my money and I'm poor now can I please have some money. The first neighbor I rang was like "wtf" and just brought me back home. My mom was not happy.

Another time when I was a little kid my mom got mad at me for getting my pants super loving muddy and told me to go to my room. So just to SHOW THAT BITCH WHO'S BOSS I ran back outside and slammed my foot into a piece of dog poo poo on purpose. I'm...not sure who won the battle there. There was poo all over my shoe. And then all over the front door entrance. I can count the number of spankings I had on one hand but man, that one was bad.

Lastly, in 4th grade Goosebumps books were huge and this kid had the latest one that came out, Egg Monsters from Mars. I stole it during lunch. The teacher asked at the end of the day if anyone saw the kid's book and I was like noopppee. The poor kid was crestfallen. I felt so bad I actually gave it back to him a few days later saying I "found it." (I read it first)

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I hit my friend repeatedly with a badminton racquet after learning he was not as big a fan of Evanescence as me

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
grew up to be a worthless idiot

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

When I was 12 or 13 I forgot my house keys, so when I came home from school early (half-days were always a blessing), I was locked out of my house. I would've been locked out for five hours or so if I didn't get the bright idea to throw a rock through the glass on my front door, so I could reach the lock.

Needless to say, my dad was less than happy when he got home and found the front door shattered and broken glass all over the foyer.

Nermal.
Mar 16, 2003

Hello!
After my grandmother had a stroke, it became ridiculously easy to steal money from her wallet for weed.

Lamprotornis
Jun 28, 2004

My happy place~
There was a kid in maybe 3rd grade that had horribly waxed up ears and generally smelled a little "off." We used to talk about him behind his back, so I got the bright idea to give him a handfull of q-tips to to make fun of him.

He instead thanked me with more sincerity than I'd ever heard from him, and went off to the bathroom to use them right away, returning with noticeably more confidence.

I felt pretty lovely about it, assuming now that his parents just didn't buy proper cleaning products for whatever reason, so I was basically mocking him for being poor.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Let's just say Buffy was a female dog...

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Lamprotornis posted:

There was a kid in maybe 3rd grade that had horribly waxed up ears and generally smelled a little "off." We used to talk about him behind his back, so I got the bright idea to give him a handfull of q-tips to to make fun of him.

He instead thanked me with more sincerity than I'd ever heard from him, and went off to the bathroom to use them right away, returning with noticeably more confidence.

I felt pretty lovely about it, assuming now that his parents just didn't buy proper cleaning products for whatever reason, so I was basically mocking him for being poor.

your heart was in a dark place but ultimately you helped that boy

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
I misread this thread title as PYF worst thing you've done to a child, which made for a rather tense moment as I vacillated over whether or not I wanted to click on this thread.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I pushed my brother down the stairs of our house when he was maybe 5 (and I was 9 or 10). Probably the only time my parents really beat me but that's a hosed up thing for me to have done to a kid that young, let alone my brother, so I deserved it. Also now my brother is better-looking than me and has a higher earning potential so I got a spanking from karma as well.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
kneecapped a kid with a baseball bat.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My pal had a huge plastic Playmobil 747 when we were about 6. I wanted it for my own, so I smashed him in the face with it. Maybe I was assuming he would die and I'd get to keep it?

His mom wouldn't let me come over any more because I broke his nose for absolutely no reason at all.

gently caress! I think I had buried that memory until now.

He turned out to be such a weird kid, too. We didn't speak for 10 years and one day in high school he called me in tears and said "I really wish people could just Erase the Hate".

This thread made me feel bad.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Stringbean posted:

I shot a squirrel with a BB gun. It didn't die but I hit it in the eye and you could see the metal by gleaming in its socket. I saw it every time I went to my mothers house every other weekend. I hate myself for it, and the squirrel hated me as it glared at me with its metal ocular implant.
The first time I ever took out my first car for a drive I ran over a squirrel. It was suicidal basically, it ran out in front of me so fast I couldn't possibly have stopped. For the next year I was afraid the surviving squirrels were plotting revenge against me. I was like 24 though so it really doesn't count.

When my family moved into a new house when I was about 4 I accidentally killed a toad in the backyard by hitting it with a broom. I just wanted it to go away :(

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
When I was five, my older sister convinced my twin brother and I that it would be a really great idea to roll one of our mother's crocks down two sets of stairs. We found out later that particular crock was made by our great-grandfather, and was Mom's favorite before it ended up in fifty pieces. My brother and I were grounded for a few weeks, but my sister got off the hook because she technically didn't have a hand in it. :argh:

To make up for it, last year the three of us all pitched in to commission a local artist to recreate the crock. She said she's never received a better birthday present. :3:

Deathslushie
Dec 19, 2006

Did you drink the death slushie? Is that what you did?
I bit my brother. I was 8, and he was 11. He always kicked me off the couch so he could lie down. One day he came in to kick me off the couch, and I said no. We probably went back and forth for a moment. Finally I just bit him. I can't remember where, probably his arm. I didn't draw blood or anything, but he tattled to mom like a bitch. (After all the things he did to me, his sweet baby sister, over the years.) Mom told me to go to my room "until I felt civil", and told her I wasn't sorry for what I did.

When I was younger, five or six, I shoplifted little things like candy. One day Mom caught me after we went to Walgreen's. She brought me back in and made me apologize to the manager. I was mortified. I sobbed and made a scene. I think I didn't feel guilty so much as I hated being caught, and humiliated in public. Bet your rear end I never shoplifted again, though.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I cheated on my 6th grade math placement test by using a calculator hidden in the opening of my desk although calculators weren't allowed to be used. I was placed in advanced math and then struggled from there on out barely passing each class I took until I graduated. Then when starting college a few years later I did so bad on the placement test I was put in the lowest math class they offered, which was probably equivalent to my 6th grade math studies.

Now I'm in my 30s, still trying to get through college and am struggling to pass my math class.

Don't cheat on tests.

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!
I was about 3 1/2 years old and I was finished with potty training. I was in a hardware store with my father, and I had to use the bathroom. Being trained to use the toilet, my stupid self saw the display toilets in the store. I pulled down my pants, hopped right on the toilet, and pissed in one of them. My dad caught me and initially flipped out at, but realized "At least he used a toilet." :downs:

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
When I was around 10 years old I shot a lady in the temple with a BB gun at a K-Mart. I was just trying to look down the scope at a box on the floor and didn't even know it was loaded.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

In ~5th grade I paid kids, in baseball cards, to beat up other kids on the playground that I didn't like.

After seeing how much money selling popcorn for cubscouts got us, some friends and I bought generic candy from Walgreens and sold it door to door under the guise of selling it for charity.

I stole powdered coffee creamer whenever I could, sometimes to eat, sometimes to throw on peoples lawns after it rained. This poo poo is a pain to clean up.

One time my brother and I were throwing darts in the basement, the kind with steel tips. He tried to do some spinning throw ninja bullshit and the dart nicked a water pipe. I swung a crowbar at him and ended up hitting the wall.

ChaiCalico has a new favorite as of 20:24 on Apr 27, 2015

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I flushed my mom's watch down the toilet :downs:

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
I hit my brother in the face with a tuba.

No, the worst thing I did was, around like age 8 I'd found a packing knife or something in the garage, and took it around to the neighbors' to show it off to my friends there.

At some point, one of them had grabbed it by the blade while I had the handle, but I didn't want to let go, so I pulled it out of her hand, with the obvious result. I didn't catch any real punishment for this, even, as I'm not sure anyone really believed it happened.

She got better, thank God.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Borrowed a SNES game from a neighborhood kid, then stalled my rear end off about giving it back. About a year later I gaslighted him into believing it was actually mine all along and he was the one who borrowed it. Apparently his parents believed me too because they bought him another one without so much as asking me. They were all kinda dumb and rednecky anyway.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I tried to sell my two year old sister to my neighbour when I was 5. A couple years later, we went to Mallorca and I tried to trade her for a laser pointer at a market. Some years after that, I took my 7 years younger sister out for a walk in a city, and ran away from her in the hopes that she would get lost.

And once, when my mom was breastfeeding my oldest little sister, I peed on the carpet in the living room. I guess I felt I didn't get enough attention after they were born.

I got my rear end handed to me all those times, though.

Funny enough, I didn't get any punishment when I pushed my 7 years younger sister so she fell down the stairs when she was 3.

Datasmurf has a new favorite as of 23:36 on Aug 23, 2015

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
When I was about 4 or 5, my father explained top rope climbing to me. Somebody later found me on the verge of hanging one of his employer's dogs in a bid to help it climb a haystack.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
When I was in 2nd grade there was a big horseback riding festival/competition in my town, where I and some other kids I knew (one of them the son of the organiser) lurked around trying to find discarded jugs and bottles in order to collect the deposit at the festival bar.
After a few hours we had collected every abandoned piece so we literally began to steal the stuff from tables when the people weren't looking.
We stole something like 250 euros worth of glass deposit that day, but we never got caught.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Deathslushie posted:

I bit my brother. I was 8, and he was 11. He always kicked me off the couch so he could lie down. One day he came in to kick me off the couch, and I said no. We probably went back and forth for a moment. Finally I just bit him. I can't remember where, probably his arm. I didn't draw blood or anything, but he tattled to mom like a bitch. (After all the things he did to me, his sweet baby sister, over the years.) Mom told me to go to my room "until I felt civil", and told her I wasn't sorry for what I did.

I did pretty much the same thing. I was about 7, my brother was 6. He always punched me until I moved off the couch, so I bit him good and hard. It left a bruise the perfect shape of my teeth. Dad was pissed, but when I told him I wasn't sorry because I was sick of getting hit, he said it made sense but I was still in deep poo poo.

Still not sorry.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
Teenager, but I'm counting it.

I just got my driver's license and my friends and I were driving around not really doing anything. My one friend said "Hey, let's go pick up Brian, I haven't seen him in awhile!" I drove to Brian's house and my friends rolled down the windows and started yelling "Brian! Come out here! Come hang out with us!" and other stuff like that for a good 5-6 minutes. (I don't know why they didn't just go ring the doorbell.) Someone in the house peeks through the curtains and a few minutes later a police car starts coming down the street. We leave and thought it was weird that Brian didn't respond and his parents had called the cops on us.

Turns out Brian didn't respond because he had killed himself the day before.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I guess this would be the worst, now that I think about it: in 7th grade I had a huge crush on my English teacher. He was the only person to actually read the poo poo fiction I wrote, and told me I'd be the next Stephen King. He always praised my work, offered edits, and was amazing. So the fact I knew what his truck looked like, and when biking around the neighborhood, and found his truck parked in front of another student's house didn't mean anything at first. I knew which truck was his because he had the only blue pickup where every other teacher had a small car. I matched the license plates. It was his. And I knew the student whose house his truck was parked at between 3pm and 5pm or so, and always left before her parents got home from work. It was a girl my age who hated me, and I hated her. So jealousy was a factor. That and I knew I had no evidence. Maybe the teacher lived there. Maybe the fact he kept the classroom door locked after school meant nothing, when her bike was still on the rack. Maybe the fact they hadn't locked the classroom door one time and I walked in and both of them were red in the face, but it was near summer in AZ, that meant little. I knew I looked like a goddamn stalker, and I had had sex ed, I knew the basics, but a teacher and a student, a teacher I liked and a student I hated, I couldn't make everything mesh right. Was he doing something to her? He probably was. So the worst thing I did was not tell anyone. I could have taken pictures of his truck, I could have told my parents, but I didn't. The girl was super popular, I wasn't, and I had no idea how to say anything without someone wanting proof, and all I had was his truck being parked at her house.

We graduated, and some years later I got a note from him, that he was leaving teaching and moving out of state to work with a theater. How he got my address, no idea. Maybe it was still in the school system. But he also left the state right at the time three other 8th grade girls told their parents he'd been touching them, and one other girl confessed they had been having sex for months. And the girl whose house I saw his truck parked at, she's never told anyone but a few friends....who spread the news that she'd been having sex with him in 7th and 8th grade and years after. So maybe by keeping silent I didn't do poo poo to help her, but all the girls that came after, because I did nothing and said nothing, that was the worst thing I did as a kid. I was goddamn Paterno to his Sandusky.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I remember tripping a guy over when I was in 1st grade. I was sitting on the big rear end long bench that used to seat my entire class under the 2nd grade class rooms, everyone used to sit under there because each 1st and 2nd grade class had a bench. Anyway there was a rule against running around and stuff for the first 15min of our 1 hour break, and your entire class wasn't allowed to leave till your bench area was clean. So this guy and some of his mates were mucking about, running around while the teachers were away, as most people did when their backs were turned. Suddenly we hear the peep of the whistle as who ever was on duty comes back and starts getting angry at people, so this guy bolts straight down past our bench. I had my legs stretched out in front of me and pulled them back when I saw him start running; but then somewhere in my thought process I must have gone "screw him, I'm not sacrificing my comfort just because he doesn't wanna get in trouble" so I put my legs back out. Apparently he didn't see this because he ran straight into them and went flying across the concrete, of course the teacher came running over to see what happened; he was all grazed up the arms and legs and I had a big red mark on my leg where he impacted. He got yelled at for horsing about and breaking the rules before being sent to the nurse, I didn't get squat except my teacher asking if my leg was ok and did the nasty older boy hurt me with his carelessness.

I don't know why I remember that.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

From the time I learned to swim I went swimming every day in the summer at the public pool. One day when I was about 12, a friend of mine told me that a girl left her purse at the pool counter and I should go say it's my sister's so we can steal it. I don't know why I agreed but I was easily influenced and imagining lots of money in it. I wanted him to do it but he made up some excuse like they know he doesn't have a sister or something. So I walk in to the pool lobby and say "hey my sister left her purse here... " and the counter girl picks it up and goes "Is this it?" So I say "yeah" and she just handed it to me. Small town I guess. So me and my friend run out to the parking lot and rifle through it, turns out it belongs to some high school freshman girl who doesn't even have a license, there was something like 75 cents and a dairy queen coupon in it, which we stole. We dumped the rest of the contents out on the ground and tossed the purse in a bush.

Like a moron the next day I go to go swimming and the counter girl from the day before says "YOU stole someone's purse yesterday!" I started to panic really bad when she said "You need to set up a meeting with the pool manager to talk about what you did." I just said "Okay" and left. So I got away completely free, but out of paranoia I never went swimming again until something like 3 years later. I did love swimming but it was a small sacrifice compared to what I was imagining the real punishment would have been. Looking back it probably would have been an apology and a promise to never do it again.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I misread this thread title as PYF worst thing you've done to a child, which made for a rather tense moment as I vacillated over whether or not I wanted to click on this thread.

:justpost:

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

Punched a teacher in her stomach when I was 5

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

When I was in Year One (1st grade for freedomites) we were all playing with LEGOs and clay and other kid toys and poo poo, and I was building a giant blue pyramid. I needed all the sloped blue blocks for this project, but my friend had some. He was just sticking bricks onto each other with no rhyme or reason, it was a multicolored barely-Euclidean nightmare. I asked if he could give me the blue slopes and use different slopes for his own project. He said no. I scratched the poo poo out of his hand to steal his blocks and he ran off crying, with blood all over his hand like he got stabbed or something.

I hid under the table to no avail, and was promptly in serious poo poo. My mom had to keep my nails clipped real short after that.

In HS English our teacher had a slow nervous breakdown or something and we ended up going through substitutes and temps and all that stuff. Come year's end we were supposed to have a big old coursework project to hand in, but the teacher had managed to lose like half of them. Not mine - I was just a lazy fucker too busy playing Resident Evil to do my homework. But I said mine was all handed in and properly sorted and everything and they put me in the special group that had to do some simple-rear end makeup work to prove we knew our stuff. Laziness pays off!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cowslips Warren posted:

I guess this would be the worst, now that I think about it: in 7th grade I had a huge crush on my English teacher. He was the only person to actually read the poo poo fiction I wrote, and told me I'd be the next Stephen King. He always praised my work, offered edits, and was amazing. So the fact I knew what his truck looked like, and when biking around the neighborhood, and found his truck parked in front of another student's house didn't mean anything at first. I knew which truck was his because he had the only blue pickup where every other teacher had a small car. I matched the license plates. It was his. And I knew the student whose house his truck was parked at between 3pm and 5pm or so, and always left before her parents got home from work. It was a girl my age who hated me, and I hated her. So jealousy was a factor. That and I knew I had no evidence. Maybe the teacher lived there. Maybe the fact he kept the classroom door locked after school meant nothing, when her bike was still on the rack. Maybe the fact they hadn't locked the classroom door one time and I walked in and both of them were red in the face, but it was near summer in AZ, that meant little. I knew I looked like a goddamn stalker, and I had had sex ed, I knew the basics, but a teacher and a student, a teacher I liked and a student I hated, I couldn't make everything mesh right. Was he doing something to her? He probably was. So the worst thing I did was not tell anyone. I could have taken pictures of his truck, I could have told my parents, but I didn't. The girl was super popular, I wasn't, and I had no idea how to say anything without someone wanting proof, and all I had was his truck being parked at her house.

We graduated, and some years later I got a note from him, that he was leaving teaching and moving out of state to work with a theater. How he got my address, no idea. Maybe it was still in the school system. But he also left the state right at the time three other 8th grade girls told their parents he'd been touching them, and one other girl confessed they had been having sex for months. And the girl whose house I saw his truck parked at, she's never told anyone but a few friends....who spread the news that she'd been having sex with him in 7th and 8th grade and years after. So maybe by keeping silent I didn't do poo poo to help her, but all the girls that came after, because I did nothing and said nothing, that was the worst thing I did as a kid. I was goddamn Paterno to his Sandusky.

This is just... what's that smilie where the blob grabs his head and his eyes explode?

But not because you did anything wrong... he convinced at least 4 other girls he was doing nothing wrong, I wouldn't blame yourself for not putting the pieces together well enough to get the confidence to confess.

Plus, dude just rolls up in his truck and screws a 7th grader every day? Brazen. For you non-Americans, that's a girl who is 12-13 years old. There had to be many more, way older people who deserve blame for not coming forward.

Drunk Nerds has a new favorite as of 01:50 on Jun 19, 2015

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mister Adequate posted:

In HS English our teacher had a slow nervous breakdown or something and we ended up going through substitutes and temps and all that stuff. Come year's end we were supposed to have a big old coursework project to hand in, but the teacher had managed to lose like half of them. Not mine - I was just a lazy fucker too busy playing Resident Evil to do my homework. But I said mine was all handed in and properly sorted and everything and they put me in the special group that had to do some simple-rear end makeup work to prove we knew our stuff. Laziness pays off!

In grade five, I just didn't do a project that we were supposed to have been working on all semester. My teacher was known to be fairly disorganised, so I just said I'd handed it in and she must have lost it. She probably knew I was lying, but couldn't prove it, so I ended up getting away with it. It was primary school though, so I didn't even have to do any other work to make up for it.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
I masturbated while I knew God was watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Cowslips Warren posted:

I kind of missed this first time through but I wanna let you know like Drunk Nerds says, that poo poo's not on you, it's on the hosed up child rapist who did this. It's on adults who were supposed to ensure it couldn't happen. It's on the systems that allowed it and/or failed to prevent it. It's not on kids, they've got no obligation to defend themselves or each other, I want you to know that y'all did nothing at all to feel bad about.

I'm coming at this from a place of being a victim of childhood sexual abuse myself and the only person I hold responsible for what happened to me is the person who did it. I know what it's like to think "Could I have done more to stop it" and "Did my silence let him abuse others", all that kind of poo poo, and I'm sure it's not as heavy on you but do your best to let go of whatever guilt you're feeling. You were just a kid, not an adult complicit in a coverup or anything like that. :unsmith:

• Locked thread