Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Englishman alone
Nov 28, 2013
One of my all time favourite games I made it in the orginal rather than the remaster to mission 12 where it became impossible. I found it much much easier in the remaster.

Yes HW is the better game but I have a lot of fondness for HW2 especially the capital designes I really like battle cruisers and destroyers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Englishman alone
Nov 28, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

Most of the commotion is about the stupid story and that would remain the same. Anyway, since the video implies they could not even be bothered to fix frigate armor and AI fleet scaling in the remaster, there does not seem to be much point in it unless you really want those super shiny graphics.

I don't know I found the remaster to be much easier in regards to scaling especially when built around a big capital blob as the AI didn't seem as aggressive so your dealing with penny packets of their fleets. Also they don't seem so agressive in rebuilding all the missions I found super hard I found that much easier in the remaster.

It made some of the difficult missions that much more manageable

Englishman alone
Nov 28, 2013

Nuramor posted:

Didn't the Remaster also introduce the issue that fighters no longer dodge the asteroids in that asteroid thicket mission?

I believe that was a bug which they patched out although I haven't played that level since launch

Englishman alone
Nov 28, 2013

propatriamori posted:

The next mission is where I dropped the whole thing while playing HW2 Remastered. I don't know what, precisely, pushed me over the threshold of absolutely not caring anymore, but I had just had a hell of a fun time playing HW Remastered and HW2 just felt like a total slog in comparison.

Not too suprising the next one is an absolute bitch of a level and one of about 4 missions which are hard as nails Gehenna is a pain. It also quite vague with its mission triggers.

Englishman alone
Nov 28, 2013

berryjon posted:

I should really start recording my failure runs so you can all see the BS I go through.

In a completely unrelated note Gehenna is starting to get on my nerves, and so I'm going to have to apologize in advance if the update appears on Tuesday instead of Monday.

Gehenna is a misery on the non remastered HW2.

I can't remember exactly how I completed it but I had big fleet(possibly big clumps of ion, torp and flacks with a poo poo load strike craft) With sucidal marine Frigate to end the mission as quickly as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Englishman alone
Nov 28, 2013
This was probably my favourite mission in the game discoving the cool progenitors ships and long running battle with the keeper than the next mission I really enjoyed the atmosphere the plot is crap but the direction and art is so pretty and the unremaster version holds up really well. Also the music is really good

• Locked thread