Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
As a bartender, I'm appalled you would drink flavored vodka or kool-aid, met.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Would switch to a Morn vote, but I think we're better off Morn testing KB's Vengeful claim.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I don't think Morn will do that so...

##unvote

##vote Mornacale

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

VivaNova posted:

As a bartender, I'm appalled you would drink flavored vodka or kool-aid, met.

Yeah I'll just drink it neat like some rear end in a top hat trying to get drunk rather than some rear end in a top hat trying to have a good time.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Runaktla posted:

I don't think Morn will do that so...

##unvote

##vote Mornacale

Give him a chance. Kindly put your vote on KB and if Morn gets all squirmy again we can just lynch him.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Okidoki.

##unvote

##vote KB

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Now this is fun. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

Give him a chance. Kindly put your vote on KB and if Morn gets all squirmy again we can just lynch him.

I've already said that I would hammer myself to prevent that. Why would he do that? There is pretty much no chance of a Morn hammer on me.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

I'll accept taste hammering KB.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

In the spirit of cooperation.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I dunno there's been poo poo for reads most of the game since every kill came from a result and, TT's specifically (but that doesn't clear him), really the only good reads have been from reactions by people when under pressure/about to be lynched/making plans, and then backpedaling furiously when it involved the proposed lynchee.

Morn/KB have been pinging me the most. TT did it a little. Met came off about as best as anybody could.

Viva's just been quiet and that worries me.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Gosh, I'm too darn nice.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Y'all may as well just vote me, there's no way I'm hammering KB right now (since I know Ms. Nova won't and I'm assuming young Amnistar is smart enough not to risk throwing away our only confirmed town).

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Morn's move.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

VivaNova posted:

I'll accept taste hammering KB.

Even though Taste is my choice for today, I disagree with this as well due to numbers. I'd rather hammer myself if it came down to it. We should only lose one person today, so that with night kill we are at 5 tomorrow.

Of course, if it really came down to it, I could just vote Morn to accomplish that too. But I'd like to at least hear from Amni if he's willing to vote Taste. If Amni's willing, Taste is going home instead. If he's not, we'll send Morn packing.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Hmm, in restrospect "y'all" is probably not a good choice for the vocabulary of Jean-Luc Picard.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
##unvote
##vote Mornacale

Okay then

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

VivaNova posted:

I dont know where Amni's conclusion came from, agree with morn and kb.

vote taste

cons:
He knew Morn didnt go anywhere n5. but there were some hints.

pros:
claimed to eavesdrop on a very towny person who was part of the viva-runa-cl have to be scum together faction when he was totally all about there only being 1 scum yesterday and when eavesdropping kb was obviously way better
claimed cl watched himself - seems pretty lame.
claimed no one killed him which is weird and also specifically puts suspicion back on the person he cleared yesterday. its highly unlikely theres a ninja.
if he flips town then we know for sure we're dealing with a ninja/delayed kill, which affects how we read the game/do night actions going forward.

Sanity for a new page!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

King Burgundy posted:

Even though Taste is my choice for today, I disagree with this as well due to numbers. I'd rather hammer myself if it came down to it. We should only lose one person today, so that with night kill we are at 5 tomorrow.

Of course, if it really came down to it, I could just vote Morn to accomplish that too. But I'd like to at least hear from Amni if he's willing to vote Taste. If Amni's willing, Taste is going home instead. If he's not, we'll send Morn packing.

It would be better for you to hammer me than to hammer yourself.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mornacale posted:

Y'all may as well just vote me, there's no way I'm hammering KB right now (since I know Ms. Nova won't and I'm assuming young Amnistar is smart enough not to risk throwing away our only confirmed town).

So let me work this out.

You are town. You are absolutely unwilling to hammer KB and trusting the rest of the town to handle the situation if things don't go as expected. That's what you're saying?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Zero percent chance of town winning if you die so you're unwilling to even consider lynching KB?

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

Morn hammering KB > lynching Morn

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
If two people die today, and there are two scum (and King Burgundy isn't one of them) then we most likely lose immediately. There's no situation for the rest of the town to handle, unless we get lucky and Runaktla is 1) also not scum, and 2) able to save us.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
##vote Mornacle

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
TT, would you like to do the honors? Maybe Viva?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
there are not two scum remaining fyi

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AXE COP posted:

there are not two scum remaining fyi

Probably true. Do you have some kind of insider information?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I think most of what I've posted over the last 24 hours still applies. At this juncture I think the scum is Tremendous Taste and Met is a loyal crew member who's frustrated that I won't claim and committed himself to a bad idea. I have a very strong town read on VivaNova without regard for chaoslord's results or anyone's confirmation of her as a mason, due to our own private interactions.

I would like Mr. Taste to be the hammer because I want him to commit 100% to the belief that I'm a ninja/poisoner who is also immune to eavesdropping who also allowed the godfather to do the n4 kill.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If you're going to fall on your sword for the town, can you at least do it hammering KB since he'll be a pain to take out later due to his claimed role? Better now than down the line when we don't have enough numbers to recover.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mornacale posted:

I think most of what I've posted over the last 24 hours still applies. At this juncture I think the scum is Tremendous Taste and Met is a loyal crew member who's frustrated that I won't claim and committed himself to a bad idea. I have a very strong town read on VivaNova without regard for chaoslord's results or anyone's confirmation of her as a mason, due to our own private interactions.

I would like Mr. Taste to be the hammer because I want him to commit 100% to the belief that I'm a ninja/poisoner who is also immune to eavesdropping who also allowed the godfather to do the n4 kill.

Mornacale, in the situation that you and KB are killed before tomorrow, TT is the one getting lynched. Don't you see that?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
##vote King Burgundy

So TT doesn't jump in.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
At this point I'm almost starting to become certain that it's a Met/X scum pair and Met legitimately thinks he can convince me to give him the game today.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mornacale posted:

Mornacale posted:

At this point I'm almost starting to become certain that it's a Met/X scum pair and Met legitimately thinks he can convince me to give him the game today.

Flip flop flip flop.

I provide the means to satisfy your issues in a way that makes us both happy and you jump back to I'm scum.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Met posted:

Flip flop flip flop.

I provide the means to satisfy your issues in a way that makes us both happy and you jump back to I'm scum.

Me voting for King Burgundy does not in any way satisfy my issue that you and Tremendous Taste are both playing extremely anti-town.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
And you hopping off the bandwagon that you've been trying to push, just so you can take another effort at making a horrible, potentially-game-losing play, is so unfathomably absurd that it makes me re-evaluate my positions.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm obviously town. You have the be excessively dense to not see it.

Claimed Doc. I'm the only protective role on the town side. Go check through the list. There are no others. Kleedrac flipped Backup Doctor. I can bring flavor into it but I know you'll tunnel that as a means to discredit the whole thing.

The main argument against that is "Scum Doctor" which is pretty crazy considering THE TOWN HAS NO PROTECTIVE ROLES and the Mafia would be SUPER beefy with such a thing. Have you seen their flips against ours? We need this role.

So! Mornacale has no claim. King Burgundy claims Vengeful Townie. That's pretty scummy too but not damning. But while KB has entertained the plan for Morn to lynch him and me to argue with Taste at final 3 in the even they're both town, Morn is COMPLETELY against it. Which leads me to believe Morn is the scum. Now, you say:

Mornacale posted:

And you hopping off the bandwagon that you've been trying to push, just so you can take another effort at making a horrible, potentially-game-losing play, is so unfathomably absurd that it makes me re-evaluate my positions.

Now that I find my plan won't work because you will be uncooperative, I decide you must be scum. I'm "hopping off the bandwagon I'm trying to push." Do you see how that's disingenuous of you? If you won't play nice it just shows you're unwilling to go along with it because you know scum will be knocked out.

Now if this is true:

Mornacale posted:

At this juncture I think the scum is Tremendous Taste and Met is a loyal crew member who's frustrated that I won't claim and committed himself to a bad idea. I have a very strong town read on VivaNova without regard for chaoslord's results or anyone's confirmation of her as a mason, due to our own private interactions.

Then trust me. We'll knock out you and KB tonight by you hammering him. If you're both town and TT is scum, there's NO CHANCE TT survives the next lynch. The only reason I switched off of him today is because you guys went scummy with your plan making that made me jump off the Lynch-TT train.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hey awful made me skip the last 50 odd osts

Am I still -1? Do I need to vote morn/met

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Yeah Morn's scummier than KB, he'll never hammer KB so let's just lynch morn.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
None of what you are saying makes the least bit of sense. If there are two scum who aren't King Burgundy, then your plan is an auto-loss. Why in the world would I vote for a potential auto-loss just in order to get out the player I think is third-scummiest? Because the player I think is second-scummiest promises to vote out my top choice tomorrow? Especially when King Burgundy has already said he'd hammer himself, therefore removing the possibility of an auto-loss. I've already said I think I'm a better choice to vote today than Burgundy, so how do you suppose I should be motivated to vote for him? If you want to kill me for it, go ahead; by tomorrow I will be clearly town and we (almost) definitely won't have lost.

And I'm saying that you hopping off of my bandwagon, back to King Burgundy, is the baffling move. You vote me and tell Runaktla to vote me, but then when I'm at -1 you say you don't want me to get brigged so you unvote again. Either you're somehow convinced that you've developed the perfect way to pitch your terrible plan, which I've made pretty clear that I'm not going to be convinced to follow, or you're a scum who's scared that I'm fine with being brigged by scum today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Runaktla posted:

Yeah Morn's scummier than KB, he'll never hammer KB so let's just lynch morn.

I think this is the most likely scenario but I can't throw out the chance he's actually town and right about TT. My plan covers that and a TT lynch.

• Locked thread