Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'll play and will be crazy role

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Byers2142 posted:

No. I refuse to accept that a minority of the game telling me that they're not going to play Mafia, they're going to let their special snowflake character do whatever he wants invalidates the fact that removing what looks like a 3P that is not acting from a town mentality is the right move.

This is my hill to die on; we're playing a game, not crafting fanfic. So play the game.

You're not playing mafia, either. You're jumping up and down demanding another player full claim. They aren't going to (Hmmmm, I wonder why someone wouldn't want to full claim Day 1?), so now instead of actually playing mafia you're trying to drum up a lynch on nothing. You say they aren't acting from a town mentality because they aren't going to claim to you? That's nuts. This is what we know about the role:

Asiina posted:

New people are welcome, but there is a very unusual, completely non-standard role in this game where the person will be required to play the game quite differently from a normal mafia game. It is not recommended for newer players or those looking for a more standard mafia experience.

They have a non-standard role. We have no idea if they are scum, town, 3p, not actually a player, or anything else. You're stretching, between the above saying Axe Cop is already acting non-town and this

Byers2142 posted:

No, my immediate reaction is to ask that person what's going on with their unusual role. Ignoring that question, though, suggests a malicious intent, which is worth a vote D1.

Yes, because there is no other reason a person wouldn't full claim on Day 1. Hey, question, what is your role again?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kleedrac posted:

As for the Red Alert event I'm not sure who to send. I'll gladly go if people think it's dangerous but right now I'm gonna help send HiipFire because I want to ensure we don't miss out on the event - I feel the events will be beneficial and we want them to work out.
##nominate Hiipfire

That said if you gently caress up HiipFire we're gonna lynch you ....
##Vote: HiipFire

Wait, what? You're nominating him but then you're preemptively voting him in case he messes up? Why not wait until we see the results?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Amnistar posted:

Serious comment.

Send me on the mission for the following reasons.

1. My role supports me going on this mossion because if the mission has negative effects they will likely be mitigated by my role.
2. If the mission involves any kind of choices I will present them to the thread before making any decisions.
3. Sending axe cop is a silly idea.

Sold

##nominate Amnistar

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I love this game already

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Think I found byers merks eccos mason buddy

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Eh, I believe Ghostly. Byers taking his ball and going home wasn't great but Ghostly's frustrated reaction to it makes me believe it. Don't like the idea of 3(?) lovers in this game but it's big enough that it's not completely crazy.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EccoRaven posted:

how?

I want everyone who said "Byers is scummy for freaking out and replacing" to own up and explain. How is that *scummy*? How does that make him more likely to be *scum*?

I'm on my phone (passed my exam!) but pretend everyone is getting called out not just chaos.

I meant it wasn't ideal for the game. On a personal level I didn't like to see that. Not indicative of alignment, just silly all around.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kleedrac posted:

I really dislike your entire mentality - others have started being nervous about the Q role but you take it to a new level - you're railing on one of the confirmed flavors in the game for no real reason and then claiming if discussion progresses you're going to "afk out" and lurk on us?!

I don't think he said this.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Just finished catching up after the weekend away, Kleedrac is scum. Scientastics case made all the points I would have and more so go read that.

##vote Kleedrac

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Orvin posted:

I worry about what happens when he isn't mod confirmed day 4, and then proceeds to spout a bunch of crap about how it was all a gimmick or something. I would really like to hope everyone turbo lynches him, but I really have my doubts. Especially when at that point, the scum want him alive (either because he is scum, or because he will cause a lot of confusion going forward).

We vote him, full stop. Why listen to excuses at that point? Why would you doubt that would happen?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Taste, you've already claimed a power, are you interested at all in claiming your flavor?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EccoRaven posted:

Isn't this the second time you've asked someone to claim their flavor? :raise:

First. I asked Byers to full claim as part of a larger point of how he was being an idiot and I expected him to tell me no. I wasn't seriously expecting a claim from him then because it was a dumb idea.

In this case we have someone who has already claimed an action. If they don't want to claim their flavor that's fine, but if they're offering information I figure I might as well ask. So far it seems flavor and roles have been pretty tightly connected.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EccoRaven posted:

But it also says scum have fakeclaim flavor

This a good point and something I forgot

Scientastic posted:

For reference, asking people to claim is quite scummy. There is no pro-town outcome of revealing people's roles this early in the game.

Thanks dad. For reference, I am suspicious of Taste so I was looking for something else to try to vet his claim. Asking him about his flavor seemed the best way to go since he was so willing to give out a part of if not his full power. If he didn't want to answer me he could have told me no.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

Anyone who doesn't have at least 35 posts by the end of the day (no matter when day ends) will be modkilled. No exceptions.

I only average 36 posts per game :argh:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh, also, Ecco, you've already gotten onto me a couple of times so I'm hesitant to ask, but hell, why not make it 3 for 3?

Did anything happen to you last night and if so how would you describe it? Don't even care if you go into detail, can be as simple as "good" or "bad" or "nothing happened". Or you can tell me to be quiet and I'll drop it. Thanks!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EccoRaven posted:

Gilmore Girls

Wife and I just finished this the other day, good stuff

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EccoRaven posted:

My mom watched it religiously when I was a kid so I never got around to watching it myself until just now. It's actually helped explain a lot about my mother (e.g. she genuinely and honestly thinks she's a Lorelai and wants me to be a Rory but neither of us are at all and it took her until I was well into my twenties to accept that).

But to answer your question no nothing happened to me in-game last night.

Interesting. Thanks.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

merk posted:

Please don't ignore me two days in a row.

It's because he's scum

#ecco orvin
##vote orvin

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birdstrike posted:

No read on Met or Runaktla, would be good if chaoslord and KFC could post more. Would be good if Scientastic and PMom could post less, their reads so far have been terrible but they strike me as town.

Yeah, I do need to post more. I'm just not a high volume poster to begin with and hate it when I have to "me too" all the time. Being on call this week for me has meant my ability to be around has been extremely unusual (bout to have to head in to work right now) so that just hasn't worked out well for me. I'm fully expecting to fall to the modkill, but I'll be in and out today and back tonight to see if I can crank out posts. Otherwise I'll claim the information I have (if any) close to deadline.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Separate post for a +1 to my count,

##vote disco

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Real quick before I get mod killed when merk gets hammered, I couldn't track Orvin night 1 and merk visited Ecco night 2. Tracker/watcher combo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Orvin posted:

Did you get no results, or specifically that you could not do that?

It was specifically that I was unable to track you. My computer got all messed up.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mornacale posted:

Also, chaoslord, I would like to know your flavor.

No :argh:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Just kidding. I'm Laforge.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

Oh, also I doubt that there are two town trackers, so something weird is happening there.

Interesting that Chaos confirms Merk visiting Ecco.

That was my thought initially and why I was hesitant to trust Taste, but now I'm unsure. Big game like this, I could see there being a pure watcher and pure tracker to go along with me.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Met posted:

That's weird. If TT is just a Tracker why do you get twice the power? Stay around and argue with me for 10 posts or so. :wink:

Alternating nights

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Met posted:

Well how are we going to stretch that 9 more posts?

How has your day been?

It's good now that I'm done with work. Of course I would be on-call the week where all the server upgrades would happen.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

VivaNova posted:

What do u think about what axecop said about boob science?

It was definitely interesting! I thought Scientastic was town so that claim is... strange. But then again I also thought merk was a good guy since he visited Ecco and nothing bad happened. I'll have to go re-read them.

(Never seen an episode of TNG so no idea about Keiko or poems; also I love vigs so that was the best post)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

VivaNova posted:

Do you have anything to ask anyone?

I'd like to ask taste about his N2 track, but he's gone til Monday. Outside of that, nothing in particular currently.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EccoRaven posted:

just paid thirty bucks for a carafe of sangria :rant:

No idea what this is, but it could be worse. The very first google result warns me to beware of the $36 version.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Scientastic posted:

Lynch Merk now so that deadline isn't on Sunday night, please.

The deadline is already set for Sunday and merk will get lynched, whats the hurry?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I've gone back and forth on whether or not the description of my failure leans toward a RB or something but I can't fathom why that would have happened

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Well that got real.

##vote merk

Not gonna give KFC time?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mornacale posted:

Just two more posts chaoslord, I believe in you.

Mr. Cut, on the other hand, RIP.

I did it :woop:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Yeah well I ended up needing to support a friend running a theater project that had media coverage and this totally ate my day

You're here now! If I could do it so can you!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mornacale posted:

I'd like both Officers Taste and Lord to comment on whether they believe each other's claims.

Knowing that TT is also an alternating tracker/??? makes me skeptical again. I know Tracker isn't the strongest role in the world but it seems weird to have 2 on odd nights and then 0 on even nights to me when it would have been just as easy to have 1/1 if you were making two alternating roles. But setup speculation shouldn't be the end all/be all and Somber was SK so my skepticism is a minor personal detail and not really worth anything to the game at large IMO

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Is Q hinting at something? Evil Picard maybe? Is this his case?

Asiina posted:

:siren: RED ALERT :siren:

:toot: HAPPY CAPTAIN PICARD DAY :toot:

To participate in this event please create something to celebrate Captain Picard and/or the Enterprise. This can be a fanfic, a poem, art, a song, a video. Whatever you want. To mark your official entry please put ##picard in a post followed by whatever you've made. These will be judged by an impartial judge who doesn't know the setup of the game or who is what alignment. There will be multiple winners. You will have all of D4 to participate and the winners will be announced during N4.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

I may have missed it, but what did you do last night?

Tracked Scientastic. Went nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Scientastic

Rather Orvin still but this seems to be where things are going tonight.

• Locked thread