Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Me, me. Sign me up for the wacky role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
confirming

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Reasons why Patrick Stewart is awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCMCifwQVC8

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

I'm going to wander drunkenly through this game's flavor since, as I told Asiina, I've never really watched TNG and have no idea who I or most of the characters are. I almost did a gimmick where I posted as Qui-Gon Jinn, trapped in a strange new universe after his death.

spoilers!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

only kidding. I will never watch that movie.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

I don't know anything about Q except he's a prick, and I don't really care what his flavor is. It's a simple question for AXE COP to answer, and if he won't I'm assuming malicious intent.

So you're assuming that Asiina
  • created an unusual role
  • told us this unusual role exists
  • told us who has this unusual role

and your immediate reaction is to focus on this player as an easy lynch target?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Confirmed!

Ixt is scum. ##vote Ixt

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

This is an admittedly flavor heavy game, where flavor may influence alignment/mechanics, and I live and breathe this goddamn flavor so you better believe I'll be making flavor arguments.

To elaborate for the people who aren't down. Q is literally all powerful. He is a part of/manifestation of this whole other race of superbeings that mostly stay out of our way, but when he shows up he has his own inscrutable agenda and need answer to no one about it (save very occasionally the rest of the Q continuum). Most of the time, the agenda is some flavor of "gently caress with you, possibly by teaching you a lesson about your limitations or testing them" true, but there's precious little you can do about it except play his game or wait him out.

Axe cop is going to give out precisely what info he wants to give when he wants to give it. There's no chance that Asiina would have written the role to be so weak that threats of being voted/lynched would be at all effective in getting him to tip his hand, otherwise you wouldn't be able to play it with the appropriate give no fucks attitude.

Unless or until I get some information/behavior that shows malicious intent, I'm going to give the mod benefit of the doubt and say that there's not a canonically omnipotent omniscient 3P whose wincon is detrimental to or mutually exclusive with town, and also I'm going to have fun and see what asiina came up with.

This isn't to say that I'll _never_ vote AC for any reason, but I'm speaking very strongly because voting AC because he's Q, and hasn't/doesn't want to say anything about what he really wants on D1, is dumb as bricks and I'll be suspicious of anyone venturing a case based on mindless 3P Panic.

This. Except not for the Q reasons but because Asiina is a cool mod and I dont want to lynch some special role on D1 just because its a special role.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rascyc posted:

Now this isn't to say I'll _NEVER_ vote KhyrosFinalCut or f_v for a bunch of gibberish about SUSPICIOUS POSTING, but I am speaking _VERY_ strongly that making a big deal about people's reactions to ^^FLAVOR^^ is, in fact, against the geneva accords[9].

As a rogue nation, I think you'll find I never signed those accords.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Catching up.

Byers2142 posted:

No. I refuse to accept that a minority of the game telling me that they're not going to play Mafia, they're going to let their special snowflake character do whatever he wants invalidates the fact that removing what looks like a 3P that is not acting from a town mentality is the right move.

This is my hill to die on; we're playing a game, not crafting fanfic. So play the game.

I think it's a big stretch from "won't tell you the details of his role" to "not acting from a town mentality".

I also think this is an easy topic for scum to make into a big deal. Instead of focusing on scum hunting you're only focusing on lunching a player you think is 3P.

##vote byers

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

I'm a lover; lynch me, two town die.

I had this argument in another game recently with lovers. Why would you ever openly announce it in thread?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

HiipFire posted:

Ecco replaced byers

Yeah I just finished reading.

##vote amni. Scummy use of the vig.

Amni, why did you shoot Ernie?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Scientastic posted:

Vig use was null, can't draw any conclusions from it. Except that Amnistar, like so many Mafia players, needs to learn to keep it in his pants.

I don't agree. He
  • shot someone he hadn't expressed any opinion of earlier,
  • didnt choose a player who was a point of contention or discussion in the thread
  • didnt use the vig to try to get any information
  • didnt seek any consensus from other players

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

What I really hate about Amnistar is that his claim is almost certainly in this game and that his lunch really isn't a great idea.

##unvote

Blergh, what even is this comment? We know scum have fake claims and there is nothing anyone has posted in thread to make it "almost certain" that that role is in the game. You're playing against the mod (and also being terrible).

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Are you saying that Amnistar is town?

I was just about to ask that.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

Actually I thought it was pretty funny too :3:

Why do you think Amni is town lying instead of scum? Why is it a good idea to lynch town?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

No the point which I failed to actually make was that even if Mr Star is town it remains the best D1 vote. If the choice on D1 is between lynching someone for expressing a particular view on Q flavour or lynching a confirmed liar, I'll choose the latter

Why are those our only options?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rascyc posted:

Replace me please, family death

Condolences.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Productive and short.

Why don't people want to lynch the claimed 3P nuisance player?

Because it's not scum hunting.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

VivaNova posted:

I once heard it said you should think with your brain, not your gut. But I know what it feels like to be NOT answered

so

Sup KB! Thoughts I've had since you asked: Speculation about Q's role. Really enjoying the effort posts, could probably use some more gifs tho. Def think Janeway made a wise decision by not allowing the resident trickster alien-god to impregnate her. Very, very sorry to Rac. $8 hasn't posted yet, I wonder what's become of him.

But yeah, yeah I guess you asked this a serious scumhunting question so here's some of that:
Looking primarily at Amni - by far the flashiest person in a large game. I can expand on why if you wish, but reasons are pretty apparent. I hate too dumb for scum arguments. I was gearing up to drop a vote on him but it has recently come to my attention that what he claimed could be a reason to not kill him - what morn said. Considering that now.
As you might recall, I was just in a game with a D1 scumslip so I totally raised an eyebrow at Bird's wording too.
Probably wouldn't vote for Klee. I think votes on him are just people who thought voting Amni was too obvious. He's just awkward.
Believing GG and Ecco. Or at least they're 3p. Not scum.
Suspect #2 +3 would be Sombrero and Rac/TT prolly.

~~~
I considered asking you why exactly you thought I was weird, but I don't really care. So just tell me why you aren't voting Amni.

Lots of words to say nothing? Check.
Hedging? Check.
No vote placed? Check.

##vote Viva

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

That wasn't under contention.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Met posted:

At this point I'd vote Hiip before Kleedrac. Amnistar is my choice right now because of the deceit.

Can you expand on your thoughts on Hiip?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kleedrac posted:

I don't like this post - you're setting up bullshit tomorrow, today. If scum kills you now that they know you're lovers they get a two-for. If they don't it's going to derail discussion tomorrow as to why the scumteam would give up a double kill and perhaps you are scum claiming lovers day one because guaranteed day loving six when its super suspicious if you two are still alive you'll still say that lynching two townies is bad and blah blah blah. It's also very strange (to me at least) that lovers would be masons - but perhaps that's something that's useful for other reasons.

I really dislike your entire mentality - others have started being nervous about the Q role but you take it to a new level - you're railing on one of the confirmed flavors in the game for no real reason and then claiming if discussion progresses you're going to "afk out" and lurk on us?! gently caress you.

##Vote Met

Kleedrac posted:

I mis-read Met - I'm sorry.
##Unvote

Kleedrac, what did you misread? Why did Met coming in and telling you to chill out make you unvote him?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Met posted:

My opinion on Hiip is simple.

So your top two scum are because one lied and one is lazy?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Met posted:

Because he obviously misread what I said the first time.

Thanks, I'd still like Kleedrac to answer for himself.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Why not? The role is loving made for Wesley

That dude was my high school crush and now I can't even remember his real name.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kleedrac posted:

Wait you're serious? HAHAHAHA Scientastic is so bad.

I thought I made this clear but I had mis-read his post to imply he was frustrated with the game and saying he was going to lurk. If my mis-read would have been correct it's scummy as hell but I was wrong so I admitted I was wrong. Also it was less "Met telling me to chill out" and more 2 consecutive posts quoting mine and being like "whut?" that caused me to re-read myself and realize my error.

So are all the lurkers scummy?

Kleedrac posted:

Wil Wheaton.

Wow, he did not age well.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kleedrac posted:

Not so much that all lurkers are scummy - but in a game of this size the best thing a scum player can do is blend into the background noise - they avoid getting shot by Amni's "first person to say the wrong thing policy" - they avoid becoming a target and they avoid leaving a ton of evidence for future days. So no, all lurkers aren't scum - but scum often lurk. And announcing your lurking in scummy without an excuse (and sometimes with.)

Why aren't you voting for any of the other lurkers? You voted for Met because you thought he said he was going to lurk. Why is it only Met you decided to jump on with a vote?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Runaktla posted:

##unvote

##vote Amnistar

I'm actually rereading Kleedrac and I'm picking up on it. His points make sense. His recent posts seem genuine too. I just failed at reading comprehension earlier and saw his Amnistar vote as bandwagoning because of its format.

I'm also starting to realize how dumb it is to believe that Amnistar is town.

How is this NOT a bandwagon?

Kleedrac posted:

For all these reasons I'm gonna go ahead and;
##Vote: Amnistar

He literally just emptyquoted some other people and has expressed no other opinion on Amni.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Amnistar posted:

Second Scum Found!

"I thought Kleedrac was scum because he jumped on the Amnistar vote as a bandwagon, but I was wrong.

Also Amnistar is totally scum *jumps on bandwagon*"

Agreed.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote Kleedrac

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Kleedrac SORRY I HAD NO IDEA DEADLINE WAS TONIGHT.

C'mon dude, just admit you didn't want to get lynched again D1. :)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kleedrac posted:

Because trying to get enough people on board with a case of "lurking" is not easy especially day one - plus it provides little information. Someone coming into the thread with threats of lurking if they don't get their way would have been scummy (remember that didn't happen I just imagined it) and we could have learned something from their lynch including who was for and against it.

Can Somber & F_V let us know why they don't want to get onboard with the Amni lynch?

I've changed my mind on Amni, I think he's just dumb town now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Runaktla posted:

Just cause I said the word bandwagon in a post about Kleedrac and voted the vote leader does not mean it's a bandwagon. I re read Amnistar. There's nothing town about what he did.

you said:

Runaktla posted:

##unvote

##vote Amnistar
I just failed at reading comprehension earlier and saw his Amnistar vote as bandwagoning because of its format.

but I'm arguing that your read of that vote as "not bandwagoning" is fake because Kleedrac has no real opinions expressed on Amnistar to make his vote seem sincere. Please explain how you see his vote as sincere.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kleedrac posted:

Fine, but when Lt Worf's back needs surgery don't come crying to me!

Are you claiming?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Dont answer that.

##unvote

Thinking about things.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote kleedrac

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Orvin posted:

I worry about what happens when he isn't mod confirmed day 4, and then proceeds to spout a bunch of crap about how it was all a gimmick or something. I would really like to hope everyone turbo lynches him, but I really have my doubts. Especially when at that point, the scum want him alive (either because he is scum, or because he will cause a lot of confusion going forward).

Are you willing to move your vote?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

As I see it, a no lynch isn't the end of the world. We have ernie's sincere townreads to decipher plus whatever kills may come

I disagree in principle. I played a game where we couldn't get a lynch on D1 and it screwed town over for the rest of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

I worked 20 hours the last two days, someone explain gaem to me

Looking at the scoreboard I'd rather vote Kleedrac than Amnistar.

Ixtlilton posted:

I don't think Amni's claim is a scum claim though, I kinda liked the gut read on Viva from I think King Burgundy but that's about it so far.

Hmmmm.

• Locked thread