Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAB
Nov 5, 2010

After my semi successful series of threads about water a little while ago, I have decided that I need a bit more research. GWS has some of the most esteemed cook people in the forums that I seek contribution from.
  • when I use pure deionized water, my food doesn't taste as wet. Why would that be?
  • Family members and I make the same recipie from the same ingredients, where did we gently caress up?
  • Is my oven even on the right setting?
  • holy poo poo I think theres minerals and brainwashing chemicals in this stuff
  • is there a preferred filter that would leave in the good stuff but take out the most flavor affecting elements?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
lmao if you get yours anywhere but the toilet as god intended

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Our state has no water and the farmers are going apeshit. But I still see the huge golf courses watering the gently caress out of their green fields.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Lemme tell ya about NYC water and dough!!!!!1

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

It is very important to drink water. My family has a Stefani water purifier and I drink from it exclusively because of the taste. I like to drink this water chilled, but it is also nice at room temperature.

A girl in my class today forgot her water bottle and instead paid $4aud for a bottle of water from a vending machine.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mu Zeta posted:

Our state has no water and the farmers are going apeshit. But I still see the huge golf courses watering the gently caress out of their green fields.

Well, you see those golf courses predicted the upcoming water shortage and started hoarding and storing water. So now they can keep their green lawns instead of letting the poors have a glass of water.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Why dont they just use spray paint? Thats another way to make your grass greener

MoonKremlin
May 6, 2015
I use the PUR water filter and I notice a marked improvement in the taste of my tap water. Since I'm in Oregon most people don't filter their water but I'm really finicky about the taste. The stuff straight out of the tap tastes like pool water to me.
I think I'm going to start filtering my tea and coffee water from now on. If anyone's interested I'll report back on taste difference.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
hi my name is forums user 'AAB' let me show you how to make a poo poo thread

Keldoclock
Jan 5, 2014

by zen death robot

In my county the water is unfluoridated. I have begun fluoridating my own water. The process goes something like this:

Measure 2mg sodium fluoride.
Add to empty 4L jar.
Fill with tap water.
Stir.
Put a lid on the jar and shake it.
Put it in the fridge overnight.

Then you have drinking water for 2 or 3 days. If your roommates ask why you have a lab scale and a cabinet full of chemicals, just tell them you are a drug dealer.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I guess that fits with the new guidelines for fluoride levels:
http://www.newsweek.com/us-government-recommends-lower-level-fluoride-water-325760

Do you really need to fluroidate your water though? I thought it was redundant if you were brushing your teeth regularly.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 7, 2015

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

I guess that fits with the new guidelines for fluoride levels:
http://www.newsweek.com/us-government-recommends-lower-level-fluoride-water-325760

Do you really need to fluroidate your water though? I thought it was redundant if you were brushing your teeth regularly.

Surface Fluoride really does not do anything, you need a baseline in your system for it to really be effective.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

mindphlux posted:

hi my name is forums user 'AAB' let me show you how to make a poo poo thread

To be fair he is REALLY good at it

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
If your water tastes funny add a shot of ouzo it will taste fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

snorch posted:

If your water tastes funny add a shot of ouzo it will taste fine.

My ouzo now tastes like water.

Please advise.

• Locked thread