Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HundredxNails
Jun 15, 2007
Answering every pregnancy with a Coathanger!

Shotguns and Pistols. I like checking out new ranges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

froward posted:

Don't worry, like everyone else who's posted in this thread, you're on the map, but unlike almost everyone else, you're on the "idiots" list and your pin is safely in the Bermuda triangle. You're safe!

Hey, I'm not gonna argue my classification, I just think you're not being honest with your work if right arm isn't here with me. This whole thing is a sham.

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

Let's go with St. Paul Minnesota. That's close enough.

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice

I shoot at gun for hire and occasionally at RTSP and also at EFGA in PA.

BannedNewbie
Apr 22, 2003

HOW ARE YOU? -> YOSHI?
FINE, THANK YOU. -> YOSHI.

Merced, CA

I'm happy to take people out to shoot at any semi-local range.

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

Augusta, GA area

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

Fairfax, Virginia

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Vienna, VA

froward
Jun 2, 2014

mortabis I added a bunch of pictures of lemoncake to your pin, hope that's cool.

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

it's not like anyone was going to click on it, so go wild

froward
Jun 2, 2014

right arm I added a bunch of pictures of overweight women to your pin, hope that's cool.

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

Knoxville, Tennessee

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Golden, CO

springs is weirdos

right arm
Oct 29, 2011

froward posted:

right arm I added a bunch of pictures of overweight women to your pin, hope that's cool.

I will be clicking on it constantly

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008

Fun Shoe

57106, I like friends, username @ the Google mail. I do travel the i-90 east to 53216 if that is relevant, and I am known to make stops in 56258.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

XxLiveWirexX posted:

57106, I like friends, username @ the Google mail. I do travel the i-90 east to 53216 if that is relevant, and I am known to make stops in 56258.

Quite a few goons within the driving radius you specify. Not quite "hang out on a weekday evening" range, but definitely "camping on a weekend" range.

Keldoclock
Jan 5, 2014

by zen death robot

froward posted:

* username @ gmail.com (personally I am NOT froward @ gmail, someone emailed that guy in an attempt to join the map)

>< I meant my username, not literally username@gmail.com . I thought the whole point was to avoid being picked up by spiders. Whatever.

It is xryqbpybpx@tznvy.pbz. Please remember to unfuck that with rot13.

Enderby
Dec 30, 2004

Novi, MI.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Beaverton, OR

I go to local ranges and other shooting locations where few goo..idi..people, yes people, go to.

- J -
Jan 11, 2007

NON US - NON US[

Buenos Aires, Argentina

This are the coordinates for the range where I'm a member, "Tiro Federal de Lomas de Zamora": 3446'20.4"S 5826'47.6"W - a quick overview shows the skeet and trap fields, all the IPSC ranges, the 50-300 yards ranges for rifles, etc. Swimming pools and archery as well!

No platinum here, so I can be reached at kikirikiasdf @ yahoo com ar

I have several friendly range buddies so if anyone's visiting (or fellow locals wishing to be introduced into shooting) we can shoot an assortment of different guns and disciplines, have fun and enjoy an Argentine asado.

You know what? That'll be my photo, since I lack an avatar (sorry for low-res but that parrilla is awesome):

Marvin K. Mooney
Jan 2, 2008

poop ship
destroyer

froward posted:

(personally I am NOT froward @ gmail, someone emailed that guy in an attempt to join the map)

that was me I ain't ashamed, he will enjoy my wiener pics

hagie
Apr 5, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Fort Mill, South Carolina

Hate Hate Hate indoor 20yd ranges

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Cincinnati, OH

2SiBi
Nov 11, 2011

hagie posted:

Fort Mill, South Carolina

Hate Hate Hate indoor 20yd ranges

I drive through fort mill if I head down to Leeds rifle range. It should only be about 45 minutes from there. It's only 100 yards, but that's about the closest thing I've found to Charlotte that isn't indoors.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

I'm pleased that people are potentially making friends, or at least meeting up.

smax
Nov 9, 2009

I'm just wondering what happened to all of the central Texas people. There were over a dozen of us at the last shoot that we had.

Conquest7706
May 20, 2007

I shoot on 40 acres I own in the country since I haven't been impressed with any of the ranges nearby (except the big one with the multi-year waiting list that's only a mile or two down the road from my land).

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

smax posted:

I'm just wondering what happened to all of the central Texas people. There were over a dozen of us at the last shoot that we had.

The Dietz shoot was like 4 years ago.

Kuffs is no longer into the firearms hobby
Scottish_Loser joined the Navy and is currently in Washington
Ruination_MkII joined the Air Force and is currently in Nebraska
Davaflav(I think that was his name?) moved to Virginia
etc.
etc.

smax
Nov 9, 2009

SpartanIV posted:

The Dietz shoot was like 4 years ago.

Kuffs is no longer into the firearms hobby
Scottish_Loser joined the Navy and is currently in Washington
Ruination_MkII joined the Air Force and is currently in Nebraska
Davaflav(I think that was his name?) moved to Virginia
etc.
etc.

Yep, I think I got this avatar from the last one. I feel like we should try to do something again at some point, but I don't know if there'd be enough interest.

hagie
Apr 5, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

2SiBi posted:

I drive through fort mill if I head down to Leeds rifle range. It should only be about 45 minutes from there. It's only 100 yards, but that's about the closest thing I've found to Charlotte that isn't indoors.

Leeds is my jam. Found it like 10 years ago.

May make my way this weekend as I have a mk12 clone I built months ago and I never shot and a 300blk sans suppressor ate...plus 3 handloads I need to function check before I start worrying about groupings.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Feel free to put a pin in for Perth, Western Australia.
I shoot IPSC and am on the committee of my club, and would be pleased to show someone who is interested around the club.

I know we have at least three other Aussies in different states but I won't name anyone, I'm sure they'll spot this thread if they are interested too.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

smax posted:

Yep, I think I got this avatar from the last one. I feel like we should try to do something again at some point, but I don't know if there'd be enough interest.

Yeah your A/V is definitely from the Dietz shoot. That was the first time I'd ever fired a gun and now I own 21 or so I'm always down for another group shoot. I'm sure others would be as well.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

Orlando, FL

I haven't gone shooting as much lately as I would like but if another TFR goon comes through I could probably be persuaded to taking a day off work and going shooting. Sixgun came through last year for a convention and while we didn't get to shoot it was still pretty cool putting a face with a name. Maybe SHOT Show will decide that Vegas sucks and that Orlando is the superior city for conventions and come back here (yeah right).

Feel free to use the following image I made like a decade ago, and was the peak of my MSPaint abilities, sadly.

email:

froward
Jun 2, 2014

smax posted:

here is my strategy for planning events in my ~massive~ family, adapted to forums:
1) Make a thread for it with a very relevant headline (like "central texas goon shootout")
2) If more than six people express interest, determine the most valuable "core group" (this might be whoever can bring guns, food, et al)
3) Determine a possible range of dates. Usually this ends up being "a weekend in the next six months"
4) Make a doodle. Make the core group fill it out. I like enabling the "maybe" option, as it lets people indicate they can make it if they have advance warning.
5) Depending on how busy the core is, you might have several dates to pick from, or you might have to sacrifice someone from the core group!
6) Set the date, inform the non-core group.

Really interesting people are always super busy. I had my family's last christmas planned out before thanksgiving, and it ended up taking place on the fallback date, in January.

PS: Even people who claim to be interested will often have to be bribed, badgered & blackmailed to participate at ALL in the date-setting process. You *will* give up on getting some people's input, and they *will* later whine that they can't make the date you've set.

PPS: Just to clarify, a core group should be designated roles absolutely needed for things to go Smoothly. For my family this means: a cook, a host, a bartender, a babysitter. Nobody should have more than one role.

froward fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 28, 2015

Urzza
Sep 8, 2007
Rippen off MTG since 2002

Great work on this. Sucks that the closest guy is over two hours away.

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

Dammit Doc, I just bought this for you 3 months ago. Try and keep it around for a bit longer this time.

froward posted:

PPS: Just to clarify, a core group should be designated roles absolutely needed for things to go Smoothly. For my family this means: a cook, a host, a bartender, a babysitter. Nobody should have more than one role.

Your family sounds awesome and I wish you were near me.

McNally
Sep 12, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

I'm in Linthicum, MD

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

DeesGrandpa posted:

Golden, CO

springs is weirdos

Get off my lawn, hippie

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Welcome to Colorado Springs have you accepted jesus christ and the financed 2001 ram 2500 as your personal saviors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Grape Ape
Aug 26, 2005

DeesGrandpa posted:

Welcome to Colorado Springs have you accepted jesus christ and the financed 2001 ram 2500 as your personal saviors?

I haven't been to Colorado in a decade yet that still rings true.

e: oh, and red rock is still the poo poo, I don't care if you jaded Colorado people don't agree.

• Locked thread