Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Look for a light, turn it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Let's do this counter clockwise and go Northwest.

Also, the narration clearly states the bar is to the right. You are ruining my immersion! :colbert:

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Ghostwoods posted:

Northwest sounds oddly attractive.

Also Grimwit, I wanted to say that I'm really digging the illustrations. Thanks :)

Oh, yes, the illustrations are awesome. My comment up there was definitely not serious in any way if that wasn't clear.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Always exploration before progress, so East and then South. Then we can go back to going counter clockwise again.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Ghostwoods posted:

Personally, I'd like to look around the courthouse and the areas E and W of the town square before we do anything as potentially plot-locking as talk to Michael. I'm more interested in exploring than in powering through as quickly as possible.

What this guy said.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Ghostwoods posted:

Yeah, I'd be inclined to do 3, then 2, at least to see if it looks like being a whole new region or just a couple of places. I suspect 1 will take us onwards -- it has that sort of feel -- so probably 4 after a look at 2.

Once again, this man has already given what would have been my own suggestion. I wholeheartedly agree with his plan.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I unfortunately do not know what to vote for, but I have to say that Skagen is amazing.
It is in Denmark and have inspired a lot of artists. Also, it is a place where you can stand with a foot in two different oceans. Skagerak and Kattegatt. The waves actually comes from two different directions there, from two different seas.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Ask about his job maybe?

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Leave the card, steal his trousers.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Echoing this sentiment, lets do one floor at a time if we can so across the hall

I agree

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
So, if Miranda wasn't dead, I'm sure she would have used the broom to sweep away the spiderweb.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Zoe posted:

Look up William, and then...well I guess just go down the list and check all the rest of the Verlacs. Edward too if he's in there.

I agree with this, and also look up that missing kid.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I bet the bum won't be so careful with his answers when asked about the Verlacs if we get him drunk first.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Not enough energy for the word now, but do go back to the attic and redo the key trick, but first slide a piece of paper under the door.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I say go back and explore the other passages just to satisfy our curiosity. Once again, exploration before progress, and that door seems like progress.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I have a feeling they are the ones responsible for the bones in the first place...

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Grimwit posted:

Seems like it should work.

>Put Newspaper under the door.
You cannot see any such thing.

>i
You are wearing Beach-Bum Clothes, Glasses, your wedding ring, a walkman (playing Big Finish Production's Dr.Who); in addition, you have in your hands , a bottle of water, a diamond, no tea.

>Look at no-tea
It's the same kind of tea expert tea drinker's don't drink.

>Enter Porch
You step under the awning above your front door, shamelessly simulating it in text-adventure format.

>Play flute
What, in public? Have you no decency?

>Look at self
It makes you scowl at the angry moon. You're sick of yourself; You're a bum. What have you become? A drunken maroon run aground in this rotten town.

>Give self diamond
You hand yourself the diamond. You look at it greedily, giving over the keys to your front door in trade.

>Unlock door
Done

>Enter house
You finally escape the heat and buzzing insect, but you'll never escape the voices in your head.

Your Score has just increased by pi.

It worked, guys! Thanks!

Miranda's story continues tomorrow.

:allears:

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
You forgot to remove the teddy from your drawn inventory

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Rave. And then kick the hinge or try to catch your straitjacket on it

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Aaaw, he looks so happy!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
can we not take all?

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Grimwit posted:

Hee hee

>Take Madman
The Madman tries to fit snugly under your coat.

BTW, sorry about the unreliable update schedule. I just finished the last two pages of my comic and Skyrim beckons me so.
Honestly, I didn't think Anchorhead would last this long.

I want a cannibalistic lunatic as a pet. If only the Madman was pocket sized...

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
These news makes me happy.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Hey, guy. Thanks for sharing your story. I think I speak for most of us (except possibly Thesaya) when I say: Don't sweat it. Let's Play is basically the definition of "not serious business", take your time.

That said, I'm totally looking forward to Miranda's future adventures in the asylum and I will be watching this space.

..I have no idea why I would be excepted from this? I 100% agree with the no pressure thing.

Anyway, I have had this problem myself,when I was a kid and my parents solved it by putting all the sheets, duvets, pillows and stuff in the freezer. I do not know if it would help in your case, but yeah...

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Home? I have no idea...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Thank you for this! It was a lot of fun. I would love to see you tackle another text adventure in the future.

• Locked thread