Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Anchorhead! Wooo! Always wanted to have a crack at this, but never made the time.

See if we can drag boxes over to climb up to the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
We invented our surname, didn't we?

How about look up michael?
Or look up house?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Hm. How about play messages, drink coffee, and read papers?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
North to the pub. I could just do with a nice, warming bowl of tears of madness.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Northwest sounds oddly attractive.

Also Grimwit, I wanted to say that I'm really digging the illustrations. Thanks :)

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Thesaya posted:

Oh, yes, the illustrations are awesome. My comment up there was definitely not serious in any way if that wasn't clear.

Never occurred to me that it might have been :) I just remembered thinking this morning that Grimwit deserved some praise for his pics, so decided to act on it.

Iä Iä, and all that.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Thesaya posted:

Always exploration before progress, so East and then South. Then we can go back to going counter clockwise again.

Yeah, OK, I'm convinced. E, S. Although I suspect we could probably hit up the university fairly safely.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Dark Foreboding Alley. Because DUH, of course the dark foreboding alley!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Personally, I'd like to look around the courthouse and the areas E and W of the town square before we do anything as potentially plot-locking as talk to Michael. I'm more interested in exploring than in powering through as quickly as possible.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Yeah, I'd be inclined to do 3, then 2, at least to see if it looks like being a whole new region or just a couple of places. I suspect 1 will take us onwards -- it has that sort of feel -- so probably 4 after a look at 2.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Can we move or pull that mattress?

Also, we should probably ask Michael about university, car, house, restricted books, styrofoam mug, flask, and tin of fish oil. Just in case he has some wisdom to share on those matters.

We should take him north out of town, is my guess.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
I suppose we could ask Michael about the trees, or the door, or perhaps the Necronomicon...

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

i81icu812 posted:

xyzzy, plugh and plover.

Those were tried way back on the first page!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

i81icu812 posted:

But we didn't ask Mike about them!

... True!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
:allears:

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
C'mon, you've got to know we're going to say steal the card :)

(FAKEEDIT: Watch now, I bet everyone will contradict me...)

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Let's check across the hall.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Miranda should try pulling the bed in the children's room away from the wall.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Stay classy, Papa Verlac :/

Awesome Miranda drawing, though! We'd better head up to the attic.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Yeah, let's try the kitchen.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Zoe posted:

That one's not really much of a puzzle, it'd be the first room I'd check for matches IRL too. I don't have a stove with an actual pilot light anymore but a drawer in the kitchen is still where we keep them.

And the Sitting Room next I guess. Looks like we're exploring the rest of the first floor either way.

Though now that we have a flashlight I'd love to check out that dark area in the attic that sent us looking for matches in the first place.

Sounds ideal.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Can we try to burn the painting?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Hnng, those scenes...

Um. Can we lift or pull the lining?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Well, that was fun while it lasted. Thanks for the LP, Grimwit.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Zoe posted:

Well, the ending seemed a little abrupt

It certainly captures the Lovecraftian sense of doomed endeavour and pointlessness rather nicely.

Of course, I can't help feeling it might have been worth trying to burn the spiderweb with a lit match. But hey, what do I know? Drunk spiders can be real assholes.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

pumpinglemma posted:

Does pushing/pulling/otherwise fiddling with the bottles in the rack do anything?

Yes, I was wondering that.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Zoe posted:

Rip open that child's coffin with our bare hands, that seems like a completely rational course of action.

Sounds good to me.

Also, can we cover multiple holes on the flute? I'd assume not, for sanity's sake, but then again...

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
We should check out the asylum.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Can we ask Chuck about skull and about the totally-not-the-lament configuration puzzle box?

Maybe we should offer him the hipflask, see if we can get him to pass out so we can steal his key.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

The mill sounds fine.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Oops.

Are all the shacks the same message?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Grimwit posted:

You guys already have the information on which shack specifically to check out.

Grimwit posted:

The front page story is about Jeffrey Greer, 8 years old, who was abducted from his home at #11 Mill Town Road last night

Wooooo. Pixel-hunting, the LP Forum way.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Can we ask the proprietor about the obelisk?

Either way, we should probably go check south of the manor. We have several places we need to find ways into.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Yeah, give him the flask, get the key, and pump him for info :)

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Let's ask him about Michael, I guess. Just in case. Maybe we should try to ask him about key, just in case he decided that since 'they' will get him anywhere, he might as well give up his useless cubby-hole. And yes, when that doesn't work, swap the amulet for the key.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Grimwit posted:

if you have anything you want Miranda to do with the key (that she'll get by hook or by crook!) or anything else, yell it out loud.

She should unlock the mill hatch and go exploring down there.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Ominous. Poor "Michael".

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Find the way in through the north wall of wine, maybe?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Kacie posted:

We've got that oily lens-like object in our trench coat - try putting it in the telescope slot.

We do? Awesome! Let's definitely try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

nweismuller posted:

Say "Iadabaoloth", obviously.

Worth a try. We've also got a book with the same symbol on the cover, so if that doesn't work, maybe we can read that to see if there's anything else?

• Locked thread