Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
A Lovecraft game needs Lovecraft-era hair. Bobbed Bombshell.

Randolph Miranda Carter for the name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
The front must be glass for a reason. Smash it with our umbrella!

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
xyzzy

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Eat boxes

Eat refuse

We have to work our way up to the De la Poer legacy.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Ghostwoods posted:

Those were tried way back on the first page!

Fhtagn. :colbert:

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Try all 60^3 possible combinations

Actually, x Michael and see if he has anything that could be described as "the charm against the..." on his person.

Seyser Koze fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 11, 2015

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Actually, black widow bites are rarely fatal. You'll wish it had been for up to a couple weeks, though, so we should probably be thankful that the game just kills you right away instead of having you fail some event much later because you're too sick.

Also, if "tongue" isn't a recognizable noun, try lick fusebox. Or replace all those blown fuses with loose change or something else that's unlikely to melt when it conducts too much electricity.

Curses, we already established that "lick" isn't a usable verb.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Play the flute. Maybe we can become the servitor of Azathoth or something.

Then let's start with the backyard and work our way out into the city from there.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Open the coffin, I don't think we had breakfast yet.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Grimwit posted:

Compelled by a gruesome curiosity, you dig your fingers under the soft, rotting boards and pry up the lid. With the shriek of pulling nails and a shower of crumbling wood, the coffin comes open, and you look inside, expecting to find a child's tiny skeleton...

Dear God.

There's no child buried here. Instead, the coffin contains only the worm-eaten bones of some kind of animal.

Who would have buried an animal in place of the child that should have been interred here? And why would they do such a thing? Glumly, you look around at the rest of the coffins, and realize that anyone who might have known the answers to these questions is probably already buried in this room.

Are we going to do that Lovecraft thing where everybody immediately yells THE ANIMAL SKELETON IS THE CHILD'S YOU IDIOT and then she continues to bumble along for hours before figuring it out herself?

I forget the name of the worst offender that I read, but the narrator's exploring a ruin that was obviously built by intelligent lizardmen. He spends the story saying things like "oh, the people from this civilization must have depicted themselves as lizard-people in these carvings... allegorically!" or "hmm, these passages are too low for me to stand up in, but they're just the right height for those lizardmen, I wonder why the builders would do that" and "gee, a bunch of dead mummified lizardmen in full ceremonial dress interred in a burial chamber, why would the builders ever dress them up and put them here?" :downs:

After pages of this, suddenly he realizes "oh my god, the ancient ruins that look like they were built by sentient lizardmen were built by sentient lizardmen! fhsaufawrhjfksfsf" :gonk:

Not one of Lovecraft's better stories.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Grimwit posted:

The only Lovecraft I can remember with Lizard Men was The Curse of Yig (which was just an edit of Zealia Bishop's first draft) and that was more about a snake child.

Maybe Shadow Out of Time? Moutains of Madness? They both had hidden cities about stuff.
The Mound, maybe? (Another with Zealia Bishop)

I think it was The Nameless City. It's been a while.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Decoy Badger posted:

mutter gutteral things at it

Clearly now is finally when you're supposed to say xyzzy. Or Hello Sailor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Do the last three points constitute "solving the entire mystery?"

• Locked thread