Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Wartooth posted:

This guy Raiden Integra http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5956345/

First of all, look at that loving name. He also used to have a lot more of these blockbuster films on the page with him as (uncredited), like for every major film. I'm sure he had World War Z for example, which is deleted now. The personal quote and trivia are also pretty telling. I've been waiting for a topic like this just because of this one guy for a long time, can you tell?

"Nickname: RD Peoples"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The "Biographies about the group" subsection of the Wikipedia article about 2 Live Crew has that feel to it:

quote:

The Book of Luke by Luther Campbell

The Book of Luke was published by Amistad, and is about his life growing up in some of the poorest areas in Miami to become a successful entrepreneur in the music industry. His life is also a reflection of modern America, since his tale touches on the most pressing issues of our time.

My Rise 2 Fame by Fresh Kid Ice

My Rise 2 Fame was also released in 2015 and was published by the Iconic Three Media Group. The memoirs is co-written by Jacob Katel. The books features his stories of his sex, lies, the music business, making gold and multi-platinum albums, a legendary lawsuit from Florida’s governor who tried to ban the group and take away their first amendment right to free speech, his early life, and his currently life with his family. It’s a historic ride through one of the world’s favorite cult genres: “Miami Bass”.

This led me to the article for Fresh Kid Ice, and yeah, the Great Man Theory is alive and well in the hearts of mostly-forgotten rappers:

quote:

The Chinaman

The Chinaman was the first solo album by Fresh Kid Ice. It was released in 1992 by Effect Records, a division of Luke Records. Singles that were released to promote the album were Dick 'Em Down, I'll be there, and Freak 'Em Down (the clean version of Dick 'Em Down which wasn't featured in the album). Freak 'Em Down was turned into a video clip. The album is noted for being the first Hip Hop album embracing having an Asian Heritage. With songs like "Long Dick Chinese", he inverted stereotypes into prideful declarations of self-identity, he showed there was a way for Asians to exist in hip-hop.

Chinaman Records

Founded by Fresh Kid Ice in 1998, Chinaman Records, LLC is multi-media entertainment company, with a broad service of DJs, artists, producers, promoters , videographers; music publishing; merchandising.[10]

Still Nasty

Still Nasty was released in 2000 under his own label Chinaman Records. The main single for this album was a song named "I Wanna Dance Yall'". The song was made into a video clip, and due to its explicit content it could only be played exclusively on "BET Uncut". It became one of the shows favorite and was noted for being one of the video that helped launched the show.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battletruck

This entry for a 1982 movie called Battletruck is so lovingly written that there's absolutely no way someone involved with the movie didn't write it.

quote:

Production company: Battletruck Films Ltd.

Box office: $3,000,000 USD ($7,368,620.69 in today's currency)

• Locked thread