Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think I gave us a lot more stuff to work with because I tried to get MysticalMachineGun lynched last night, we can look at that today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wow scum rush out of the door on me. I'm gonna sit here and laugh at this latest tactic.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Wow scum rush out of the door on me. I'm gonna sit here and laugh at this latest tactic.

Honestly Beet you're at the top of my list so if you could put forward an alternative theory I'd appreciate it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mithranderp posted:

Anyway, I'm not gonna change my vote. I think coq is scum. Lynch him, if he flips town, lynch me. Voila.
this post urks me a bit

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
there were quite a few people trying to move the vote onto me when the COQ lynch was gaining momentum

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

Also I was totally right about MysticalMachineGun, he wasn't town. He was avoiding poo poo on purpose.
I got this wrong, it was ken that was avoiding stuff

but I was still right about MysticalMachineGun not being town

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

this post urks me a bit

me too.

look, we must be pretty close to lylo, so i'm just going to flat out ask mith to roleclaim and explain her night actions thus far.

until i called mith on D2, she had been laying really low, and she seemed to do just enough work to throw off suspicion and then went right back to laying low again

So, Mith, what's your role and what have been your night actions so far?

also, let's not lose sight of the fact that beet hammered coq - i'm not too sure what to make of this yet.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

I think I gave us a lot more stuff to work with because I tried to get MysticalMachineGun lynched last night, we can look at that today

Yeah an interesting way to frame it. See I saw you trying very hard to lead us off a scum lynch.

Funny.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

everythingWasBees posted:

if SKYCOQ is scum that could indicate beet is scum and if not well we don't really have any good leads other than gaspy may be telling the truth or may be lying
if beet is scum then that'll tell us a whole lot given how he was approaching the arguments.
like there's not really any good option on who to lynch and i'm not sure about beet anymore and bowden feels like it'd be a waste of a lynch so I guess
##vote SKYCOQ
this post

"I need a good reason to bus SKYCOQ, uhhhhh, well I can vote him on the reasoning that Beet is scum, that makes sense right???"

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
:ghost:COWARDLY SCUM TEAM! YOU WERE NO MATCH FOR THE MIGHTY ASPHYXIOUS!:ghost:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Matthew Beet posted:

Yeah an interesting way to frame it. See I saw you trying very hard to lead us off a scum lynch.

Funny.
lol, I could have easily have just not hammered and acted confused about it, then scum would have probably won today if there was 3

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yeah if I was scum there is no way i'd hammer SKY COQ

because it'd be lylo today

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Those On My Left posted:

also, let's not lose sight of the fact that beet hammered coq - i'm not too sure what to make of this yet.
I hammered Coq

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

bowmore posted:

this post

"I need a good reason to bus SKYCOQ, uhhhhh, well I can vote him on the reasoning that Beet is scum, that makes sense right???"

nah, it was more me wondering who would be worth voting for. 'cause if you learn that someone is scum but it doesn't suggest anything else, then you have on scum down but you don't have any information. If Skycoq turned scum, then it might suggest that Beet is scum and not just playing his normal game. If Beet turns scum then his mediation becomes suss and we can look more carefully at who he was trying to subtly defend.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

bowmore posted:

I hammered Coq

what

poo poo, sorry

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

everythingWasBees posted:

nah, it was more me wondering who would be worth voting for. 'cause if you learn that someone is scum but it doesn't suggest anything else, then you have on scum down but you don't have any information. If Skycoq turned scum, then it might suggest that Beet is scum and not just playing his normal game. If Beet turns scum then his mediation becomes suss and we can look more carefully at who he was trying to subtly defend.
and you've followed that logic through to today

alright

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i'm fairly fine with saying i think everythingWasBees and Those On My Left are town atm

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't buy Mithranderp as scum either unless he is known for hard bussing

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Honestly Beet you're at the top of my list so if you could put forward an alternative theory I'd appreciate it.

I literally don't have the time this morning. What theory? I poked bowmore last night for being suss and he pokes me back today. Two votes on me out the gate for sticking on a scum lynch last night and refusing to budge once we risk a no lynch.

Not sure what else I can say except bowmore and toml both wanted to lynch the survivor, not the scum.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Throughout the whole game Beet has been subtly defending SKY COQ, go back and read through

he doesn't go full out defense mode because well, they are probably scum buddies

Matthew Beet posted:

also this, just yells scum

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Matthew Beet posted:

Two votes on me out the gate for sticking on a scum lynch last night
if you knew he was scum you'd be too scared to look bad by switching off, you wanted that cred

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gwynplaine is the worst lurker

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gwynplaine posted:

TOML made this point last time he was a big ol scum. Post count means nothing.

Just one more thing. Does bulletproof prevent night kills?

Gwynplaine posted:

Is there anything a person can have that will protect them from the SK, or do they need outside protection?

:siren: more worried about being killed by the SK than catching scum :siren:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
would lynch Gwynplaine.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gwynplaine posted:

People spoke the same of me when I was vanilla town. Early games are nerve wracking.

There are no psychiatrists without serial killers, so we need to consider also who that could be.
also another post about catching the SK, she's more worried about him than catching scum

ok

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Gwynplaine

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
No scum hunting from Gwynplaine, has only voted for MC Eating Disorder when he asked to be voted for and Beet for no reasons given.

Most of their posts are expressing worries about a potential SK, which would be a threat to them.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i would like people to bounce ideas off, or just vote Gwynplaine

maybe I'm posting toooo much

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
dude, bowmore, slow down. take a deep breath. one post at a time. like, your reasons on gwynplaine make pretty good sense, but I'm more interested in beets reaction to you and bees coming at him early.

you and me both have pretty towny feelings about bees, I think? beet calling scum on both of you like that is...scummy.

##vote Matthew Beet

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm honestly happy with beet or Gwynplaine at this point

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but I'm 99% convinced Gwynplaine is scum, i'm at about 75/80% with Beet

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

gwynplaine famously has a super low postcount in mafia games.

if gwyn is asking about bulletproof because he himself is bulletproof, i think it's really, really unlikely that he's scum. anidav putting in a bulletproof scum in a game with a serial killer would just be insanely anti-town

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Those On My Left posted:

gwynplaine famously has a super low postcount in mafia games.

if gwyn is asking about bulletproof because he himself is bulletproof, i think it's really, really unlikely that he's scum. anidav putting in a bulletproof scum in a game with a serial killer would just be insanely anti-town
yeah probably, but they went about an odd way

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gwynplaine posted:

Is there anything a person can have that will protect them from the SK, or do they need outside protection?
there was this post

then Asphyxious told Gwyn about bulletproofs

and then this one a bit later

Gwynplaine posted:

TOML made this point last time he was a big ol scum. Post count means nothing.

Just one more thing. Does bulletproof prevent night kills?

and then a vote on beet and they checked out, never to be seen again

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

can you crazy mother fuckers please unvote, i really don't want scum to hammer and end the day before noon

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

many an auspol lynch has gone awry because someone phrased something weirdly and goons obsessed about it.

I've been hit by that myself before.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
seriously it was like Gwyn was trying to oddly hint they had night protection, or fake hint they have it so they don't get targeted

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

yeah no worries TOML, I didn't realize we were so close

##unvote

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Those On My Left posted:

can you crazy mother fuckers please unvote, i really don't want scum to hammer and end the day before noon
Beet is -2, it's fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well now it's totally fine

• Locked thread