Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i really want to hear mith's response to my questions but at this rate the thread is just going to get loving locked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Why do you need to know my role?

Sorry I just woke upp

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think it'd be pretty funny to turbo Beet though

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Since it took me 20 minutes to type up, ya'll get an extra 20 minutes as well... FUNKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh8gMWWeod8

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hope we can come to a conclusion before deadline

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mithranderp posted:

Sorry I just woke upp
i'll update you

gwynplaine is definitely scum

and Beet is probably scum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm busy till 1pm I'll be free then to get more into this

But Toml, think about this. If i was scum i would have dropped a vote on MMG an hour out from deadline and then hosed off the forums hoping for a no lynch, or even better not a scum lynch.

Why did I stay to the absolute end, trying to secure a lynch of someone?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Yeah at this stage I think Gwyn is most likely scum

Beet...is looking scummier but I'll have to have another read when I'm not still mostly asleep.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We can lynch gwynplaine today and look at Beet tomorrow

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I have limited bulletproof, yes. I was asking because on the night Gaspy supposedly visited me, we only got one night kill. I had to make sure of how things work before I was prepared to accuse Gaspy and restart the already eager train against him. In the end, it didn't correlate with previous data.

Bowmore is either scum or SK. So he's applying pressure to the person he suspects he can't kill. With the psychiatrist dead, the SK has to keep killing to win.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well you are not posting, there is no harm keeping you alive because you aren't a threat in the game

sorry if that's hard to hear

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not pushing you because you might be BP, I'm pushing you because you've only gone after the SK and haven't scum hunted.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Now that you have revealed you are BP you are twice as useless to the town, good work

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Or you could be not useless and actually scum hunt

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but you won't, because you are actually scum

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

bowmore posted:

I'm not pushing you because you might be BP, I'm pushing you because you've only gone after the SK and haven't scum hunted.

First game you've played with me. I don't scum hunt in the open, and I rarely bother with data it has yielded me less success than instinct.. My cards are so close to my chest they're effectively an unfashionable sub-dermal implant.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gwynplaine posted:

First game you've played with me. I don't scum hunt in the open, and I rarely bother with data it has yielded me less success than instinct.. My cards are so close to my chest they're effectively an unfashionable sub-dermal implant.
holy loving poo poo

this post

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that is the most pretentious mafia post i've read

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You know who keeps cards close to their chest and doesn't share their thoughts

scum

:captainpop:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
seriously Gwynplaine if you are town just give mafia up now

you were not meant to be

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you've been lurking around but not posting

everything about you shouts scum

please get lynched

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

bowmore posted:

you were not meant to be

Heard that most of my life.

Your avalanche style of posting either suggests you're trying to artificially pad your post count. You're trouble for this town.
That said, statistically it would make sense to be rid of me at this point. As town, I am generally confusing and useless, especially once Gaspy and Bif are dead and I lose a measure of interest in the game. And as scum, I am trouble. A train against me will be the go. I've reviewed my own data and it still makes the most sense.

Good luck with the rest of them, killer.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Why would I need to artificially pad my post count? To what end?

I already have 30 more than the second highest, the most posts in the game doesn't win you anything

I'm posting my thoughts when they come to me, unlike you who doesn't post anything (useful) at all

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
calling out someone for having a high post count is an odd tactic

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gwynplaine posted:

Good luck with the rest of them, killer.
this kind of seals it for me, you've pegged me as the SK because as scum you know I'm town

so subconsciously you are trying to case me as the SK you are threatened by

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
auspol often chase lurkers - sometimes pointlessly - and padding your post count would be a handy way to avoid that kind of attention. that said, I'm not sure that's what you've been doing. feels more stream of consciousness.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Why would I need to pad? I've been padding this WHOLE time! No lurker, me! One post per thought!

##vote Bowmore

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

TOML why do you need to know Mith's role?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thatbastardken posted:

auspol often chase lurkers
seems like an ok tactic, we lynched one lurker and he flipped scum roleblocker

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gwynplaine posted:

Why would I need to pad? I've been padding this WHOLE time! No lurker, me! One post per thought!

##vote Bowmore
you sound like you are getting angry now, you should put that anger to good use and tell us who else you think might be scum and why

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
and don't just vote me and piss off, you've made it clear you think I'm the SK

who is scum and why?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

bowmore posted:

and don't just vote me and piss off, you've made it clear you think I'm the SK

who is scum and why?

I'm only getting a read on you and Beet. I often don't know why I suspect someone I just do. And it's often been right.
I call it Gwynstinct because I'm pretentious.

I suspect you specifically because you're trying to get me lynched because you know you can't kill me. Probably flawed reasoning. I wouldn't know. I'm useless.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why do you think Beet is scum?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gwynplaine if you were town there is no way i'd try and kill you, you would be the best type of town to keep alive because you don't do anything

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna give other people a chance to post without it getting lost in my "avalanche"

Gwynplaine i still want to hear why you think beet is scum, and who else might be scum

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

thatbastardken posted:

TOML why do you need to know Mith's role?
I don't need to, I want to.

on D2 I called Mith as scum on the basis of her posting being a dead ringer for how she's posted as scum in games i've run, or games where i've been in a scum team with her

specifically, i said she was scum because she was hiding super low

Mith made a soft role claim and did a mini effort post

that was enough to shift the suspicion off her

at which point she immediately went back to not posting much at all

the most substantial thing that mith has done was push really really hard for a lynch on coq

but i don't think that really exonerates her because iirc that train was already well under way - rather i think she bussed coq to further exonerate herself

so i'm still very suspicious of mith and am looking for a reason not to vote for her.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

those are good reasons.

I like those reasons.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I am suspicious of Mith because I've shared a scum team with them in the past and often paid more attention to their posting style, because it is inscrutable and challenging. The way they are posting in this game is textbook how they scum.

Beet, as I've already mentioned, I can't explain. Just a feeling.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

lolol.

yeah I'm totally scum who had the brilliant idea of bussing a roleblocker :allears:. Totally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Ya know, this is exactly how people reacted when I fingered tirade on Day 1 and he ended up as godfather.

I'd been suspicious of coq since his first vote on gaspy. Then he went for the easy MCED bandwagon. He was just super anti-town.

And Gwyn you should know, even when I'm scum, I don't lie. I've said that I'm town-aligned. I don't lie. :shrug:

• Locked thread