Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

hammering scum doesn't vindicate someone as town fwiw. in last nights situation there was really only one easy course of action and that was for bowmore to jump to the coq vote, but he held out as long as he could for the mmg vote. he was advocating to try have two people move to secure a lynch as opposed to one (him) moving earlier on. i particularly didn't think the case on mmg was stronger than coq so while it's a point of interest to draw attention to it isn't a smoking gun by any means. he's not on many peoples radar so i'm wasting time my pursuing it anymore than that atm. if he's scum, town has lost.

EWB: I dunno, you came out yesterday stating you always assume i'm scum every game and again, today, you're voting me. you literally have nothing else?

Gwyn: i dunno, his posts are odd and it reminds me of the last game he was scum. the bullet proof thing toml's getting stuck on i dunno. it could be just an out and out lie dropped for this very purpose. which is why it's interesting that TBK chimed in with:

not sure on tbk at all.

not sure on toml's vote on tbk. he asked someone earlier to justify their claim that X had a dodgy voting record:

and he's just gone and done the exact same thing and hosed off:

i am posting in between card games here but my memory is that tbk voted krell, agreed to vote asphyxious d2, then never really cast a vote of consequence, kind of like gwyn. voted mmg yesterday rather than voting coq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I'm happy enough to vote tbk or Gwyn, they both seem pretty shifty to me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'd have haddaway - what is love on 24/7

so i'm the only vote left to cast. toml said he'd be back before hammer so we're not gonna miss out, but this current spread is interesting.

coq: so i read all of coq's posts. it didn't take that long.

he pretty much stuck to voting toml every single day, picked on gaspy a few times. stuck up for me, then turned on me yesterday. mentioned bowmore once but literally does not mention anyone else, ever. voted MMG last night (well he's not gonna vote himself though, duh)

gwyn: starts of focusing on bowmore and toml, says something about bowmore and gaspy i didn't get, says tbks' theories are bad and could be a PGO (didn't think anyone commented on this but it was a theory that was raised a few games back), kept pikcing on toml to sort of defend gaspy about not explaining his TBK vote, tried to get gaspy to lay out how he knew there was an SK (pushing for role claim), takes gaspy's role claim at face value and keeps defending gaspy, gets suss on mith, votes MCED on the first night split, waits till day 3 to start asking about BP, says he was now suss on gaspy but votes me, admits to *limited* BP when questioned, gets really active today compared to previous days and gets suss on bowmore and mith but votes bowmore.

Two things of interest with Gwyn, he's gaspy's bro so they're prone to trust each other easily I find, whether for good or bad, and secondly: he's become very active today compared to previous days.

TBK: is odd. He' rarely posts more than a sentence or two. His biggest effort post WHOLE GAME was a theory around Bifauxnens anagram joke post about sega's or something. it's sort of odd because no one seemed to care. Comes out day 2 talking about multiple scum teams/ serial killers, etc, votes mith after back and forth about gaspy voting him, asks bowmore why he voted bees, votes bowmore because of it, ends up voting MMG at the split, pro me last night, dirty on bowmore, but comes out and votes me this morning, queries toml on why he's pushing for miths role? votes me again with his last post of today stating he can't get a read on me but bees and bowmore are suss on me. This is after bowmore has posted twice that he's getting less and less suss on me and bee's has literally said "i always think beet is suss".

~break~ i'm out of wine.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Those On My Left posted:

i am posting in between card games here but my memory is that tbk voted krell, agreed to vote asphyxious d2, then never really cast a vote of consequence, kind of like gwyn. voted mmg yesterday rather than voting coq

that's not entirely accurate - I posted an :agreed: about lynching gaspy during day one jokes and japes. I voted for mith day 2 but unvoted and went to trivia, at which point gough got lynched without any input from me, day three I started voting bowmore because of the poo poo he was throwing at Bees but shifted to MMG as arguments were made based on this post (in response to coq throwing shade at now confirmed town gaspy) that were convincing at the time

MysticalMachineGun posted:

You make a solid point actually (you were more missing for d1 and d2)

I need time to think, and the time extend helps with that.

##unvote

Without bowmore and myself, the thread would be pretty quiet tonight. Where is everyone?

benefit of hindsight, but seeing as MMG was third party I don't really think voting for him was a bad vote.

Didn't hammer coq because other people seemed keen to do so.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

tbf beet it's not hard to miss things that bowmore says in his deluge of :words:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hmm this may be nothing but it piqued my interest. When quizzed last night on why he didn't seem to respond to gaspy voting him, TBK said:

thatbastardken posted:

nah overreacting to being poked is pretty classic scum behaviour. gaspy is a very procedural player, likes to run little tests and stratagems.
&

thatbastardken posted:

I'm not concerned with gaspy taking pot-shots because it's a familiar pattern. I prefer to draw motivations from why people vote for other people.

so bowmore either missed the obvious, or TBK played it down and didn't correct it? :shrug: TBK did actually repeatedly ask gaspy and others plenty of times about the vote

thatbastardken posted:

Yeah I wouldn't mind knowing why me as well.

thatbastardken posted:

I can understand that people might be demoralized, but yeah, TOML is doing the right thing. Gaspy, why are you voting for me? It's a fair question.

thatbastardken posted:

what investigation though? you haven't really done anything.

thatbastardken posted:

I can only comment on what you've done in the thread, I have no idea what you might have done last night in terms of investigating.

Thank you for providing that scintillating analysis of the way I play every single day one in every mafia game.

thatbastardken posted:

that...seems reasonable. much better than gaspy's 'ohohoho I have a secret but i'll never tell' school of play.

##vote Mithranderp

thatbastardken posted:

i just wanted to say this is completely inaccurate, I lay low no matter whether I'm town or scum. a chill playstyle is pretty much my mafia thing, getting mad about games is for turbo-nerds.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

tbf beet it's not hard to miss things that bowmore says in his deluge of :words:

yeah it's no biggy, i'm just literally summarising some players and seeing if it helps collect my thoughts or others :D

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I definitely missed that

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

you gotta remember, i'm suss on everyone. 24/7 :tinfoil:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tick tock.

i'm happy to jump on the gwyn vote. he's not tickling my town bone. tbk probably too.

mith i'm sorta okay with. i just looked at her posts and yeah i was wrong in what i said earlier. she was clearly pushing for coq.

what i'm not happy with. toml and tbk have bounced off each other and covered each other (it sorta looks like it anyhow) on the first 2 days and into part of yesterday. gaspy and mith and others even commented on it. it just stands out to me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bees i have no idea on because he doesn't post enough and he just keeps voting me. it's either the height of cunning or he legit has no clue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I would lynch ken

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ken or gwyn

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I don't want to lynch myself but I'll go in on gwyn? he really seems to have lost any love of the game after gaspy got killed.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

##vote Gwynplaine

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

you're leaning more ken than gwyn now?

yeah at this stage i'm happy on either. gwyn's the easiest for us to get, one more after i vote. ken we need to shift two.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

only one needed now. hammer if you wanna.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Matthew Beet posted:

you're leaning more ken than gwyn now?

yeah at this stage i'm happy on either. gwyn's the easiest for us to get, one more after i vote. ken we need to shift two.
the BP thing is throwing me off

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##unvote

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

uh that makes me more likely to vote you tbk, to be honest.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Ken

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

bowmore posted:

literally the only reason I'm not 95% sure gwyn is scum. But I think he's SK at best.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

##vote Bowmore

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Vote Ken, deal with Gwyn tomorrow

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

yeah it threw toml too. it actually doesn't bother me because i can see myself doing that as scum and I've filed that one in that bank actually.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thatbastardken posted:

##vote Bowmore
haha, alright then

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

##unvote

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

What on earth are you doing ken

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

gently caress, meant ##vote Matthew Beet

what do you want from me here, dude? I try to help you out and you spit in my face. we had a lynch shot on someone pretty much everyone is suss on.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeaaah

##vote thatbastardken

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

why would you back off on that?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

what is this fuckery

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

scum fuckery, for certain.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

what fuckery?

we got an hour so plenty of time to talk it out. im suss on gwyn but no where near as much as tbk.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tbk and gwyn are my top 2 scum picks atm

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

ok, lets talk it out, but someone please unvote me so scum don't drop the hammer.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bp could have been a fake claim, no way to test that without a flip really

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

ok, lets talk it out, but someone please unvote me so scum don't drop the hammer.

i'm pretty sure they wont.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if bees or Gwyn are around

pretty sure Mith is the only one that can hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

bowmore posted:

tbk and gwyn are my top 2 scum picks atm

bowmore posted:

bp could have been a fake claim, no way to test that without a flip really

I will help nail gwyn - that would validate your theory and answer any questions about bulletproofing. it is too late in the game to gently caress about lynching town.

• Locked thread