Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Matthew Beet posted:

i'm pretty sure they wont.

what makes you so godamn sure, wise guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##unvote

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Mith what are you thinking, Gwyn or Ken?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

##unvote

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Gwyn actually has 0 votes right now, weird

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We have the numbers for anyone though

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

bp could have been a fake claim, no way to test that without a flip really

i'm of the same opinion. we literally cannot prove that until he's lynched...

you said him role claiming made his role useless. how so?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

TOML isn't around (playing cards?) Bees is in a different timezone, Gwyn had been real quiet all day.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

what makes you so godamn sure, wise guy?

because im leaning to you being scum, and if you are, they're probably not goign to hammer you. savvy?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

i'm of the same opinion. we literally cannot prove that until he's lynched...

the idea of a town bulletproof is to waste a night kill by scum or SK - knowing who they are means that kill won't be wasted.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Matthew Beet posted:

because now the scum/sk are not going to try and kill him, which means they won't waste a kill on him and just kill someone else

the whole element of BP is like a "surprise fuckers, you couldn't kill me"

usually claiming BP out of nowhere is trying to say "please don't target me, i'm not actually BP" OR fake claiming the reason they haven't been killed yet

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
claiming BP is doing the opposite of what a town BP should aim to do, draw a night kill

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

because im leaning to you being scum, and if you are, they're probably not goign to hammer you. savvy?

yeah, wow, real solid reasoning. 'lean' a little softer though in case you house of cards collapses.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

the idea of a town bulletproof is to waste a night kill by scum or SK - knowing who they are means that kill won't be wasted.

but then he's still a townie left alive. he said he's LIMITED bullet proof. by announcing he is either way (limited or not) the SK and scum are never gonna bother. follow?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

claiming BP is doing the opposite of what a town BP should aim to do, draw a night kill

yeah okay this is a solid point. cheers.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

because now the scum/sk are not going to try and kill him, which means they won't waste a kill on him and just kill someone else

the whole element of BP is like a "surprise fuckers, you couldn't kill me"

usually claiming BP out of nowhere is trying to say "please don't target me, i'm not actually BP" OR fake claiming the reason they haven't been killed yet

so based on this and in light of tonight illuminating conversation. who do you feel more confident on?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress I dunno ;O

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

bowmore posted:

yeah it screams third party

Matthew Beet posted:

but then he's still a townie left alive. he said he's LIMITED bullet proof. by announcing he is either way (limited or not) the SK and scum are never gonna bother. follow?

yeah, assuming he's not just fake claiming. I agree with you on that point.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

yeah, wow, real solid reasoning. 'lean' a little softer though in case you house of cards collapses.

hang on let me go quote that post where you said you're all chill.

Why didn't you correct bowmore last night? you did indeed follow up on gaspy's vote. you've completely ignored me raising that point tonight tbk...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what is the %chance that Gwyn was just being an idiot when asking about the BP

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

bulletproof scum would only make sense if there was a vig, and even that would be a lovely move.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
IDK who I think is more scummy.

Gwyn my gut says is more scummy, but his bulletproof thing is doing a number on me.

TBK has a really bad voting record so far, so that's not good, but neither does Gwyn.

I'm not sure how I feel about TOML's vote for TBK, they have been pretty in sync the whole game. But I'm still only borderline on TOML so :shrug:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thatbastardken posted:

bulletproof scum would only make sense if there was a vig, and even that would be a lovely move.
an sk is a third party vig

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

what is the %chance that Gwyn was just being an idiot when asking about the BP

for gwyn? it's probably he's fourth or fifth game ever. but im sure he played in gaspy's role heavy games so the idea of him not knowing about BP or it being new to him is kind of a stretch.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok going back to my gut

##vote Gwyn

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
idk man

idk

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's perfectly reasonable for scum to have BP if there is a serial killer

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

hang on let me go quote that post where you said you're all chill.

Why didn't you correct bowmore last night? you did indeed follow up on gaspy's vote. you've completely ignored me raising that point tonight tbk...

yeah sorry for being unchill one vote from hammer in the late game.

why didn't I correct him? uh because he wasn't wrong, I wasn't chucking an complete wobbly at gaspys voting. a few one line inquiries do not an inquisition make

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

IDK who I think is more scummy.

Gwyn my gut says is more scummy, but his bulletproof thing is doing a number on me.

TBK has a really bad voting record so far, so that's not good, but neither does Gwyn.

I'm not sure how I feel about TOML's vote for TBK, they have been pretty in sync the whole game. But I'm still only borderline on TOML so :shrug:

yeah this last bit really bothers me. the narrative i have in my head currently:

TBK is scum, gwyns innocent and dumb (sorry)

so by association is toml scum? no not from whta i've seen, but there's a lot of positive back and forth between toml and tbk that confuses me. until today.

so if gywn, who else ?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

I think it's perfectly reasonable for scum to have BP if there is a serial killer

hang on. without knowing miths role (don't claim) that means scum have a role blocker, a bullet proof and the game has a SK.

the game seems to be very heavily weighted one way then, wouldn't it?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can we make a decision now? I gotta do dishes!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I'll back the play on Gwyn. Nothing in this game makes sense anymore.

##vote Gwynplaine

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Matthew Beet posted:

hang on. without knowing miths role (don't claim) that means scum have a role blocker, a bullet proof and the game has a SK.

the game seems to be very heavily weighted one way then, wouldn't it?
oh yeah

I guess roleblocker and BP would kind of do the same thing, except one is passive and one is active

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

yeah sorry for being unchill one vote from hammer in the late game.

why didn't I correct him? uh because he wasn't wrong, I wasn't chucking an complete wobbly at gaspys voting. a few one line inquiries do not an inquisition make

but you never mentioned it. you never said once that you were curious. it's like you were happy to fall in line with bowmores assumption that you had never commented on it.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Matthew Beet posted:

yeah this last bit really bothers me. the narrative i have in my head currently:

TBK is scum, gwyns innocent and dumb (sorry)

so by association is toml scum? no not from whta i've seen, but there's a lot of positive back and forth between toml and tbk that confuses me. until today.

so if gywn, who else ?

EWB maybe?

Possible explanation is that maybe TBK was buddying up to TOML to get in his good graces.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

oh yeah

I guess roleblocker and BP would kind of do the same thing, except one is passive and one is active

well it's limited role blocker and i've had this argumetn before with gaspy. i see that as an active role.

bowmore posted:

can we make a decision now? I gotta do dishes!

have no fear i'm not gonna let a no lynch go through. it'll probably be gwyn at this rate because of ~numbers~ even though tbk is just a nose out in front on my scumdar.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

but you never mentioned it. you never said once that you were curious. it's like you were happy to fall in line with bowmores assumption that you had never commented on it.

really not sure what your getting at here.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

EWB maybe?

Possible explanation is that maybe TBK was buddying up to TOML to get in his good graces.

yeah but you don't do that as town. why do you need to buddy up? it was reciprocated by toml too.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

EWB maybe?

if I was it hasn't worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

all that wasted agreeing.

• Locked thread