Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
GOOD NEWS, DUE TO CLIMATE CHANGE THIS GAME HAS BEEN UPGRADED FROM A CAT 1 ROLE-LITE GAME TO A CAT 2 ROLE-MEDIUM GAME

DARKNESS descends upon the console arena! The unknown combatants begin to circle, hungry for marketshare, hungry for recognition, hungry for the attention of the mainstream. While I, the handsome and highly successful narrator would LOVE to tell you; the reader which consoles are after your precious marketshare… My client wishes for that to remain a mystery. Likewise, I personally believe that disclosing this information may lead to unfair competitive advantage and let’s face it, I’m no Hiroshi Yamauchi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_E2lh1lgmk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLPrazftds

YOU wonderful machines are about to fight to decide if there are champions from the old companies or champions from the new. To decide this, you sentient hardware shells must do battle, you must engage in Mortal Kombat Fatal Fury Ninja Golf fair and balanced corporate competition.

Below is the current state of the market:

What happens this generation is unknown and widely speculation. At the moment CD-Roms and 3D Models seem to be taking off but who knows what will happen during these long 6 years.

Now I personally have a shift until the late hours of the night today, past the deadline. You you guys could stop posting after the hammer, that'd be great. If there's any problems with votefinder, secret documents or you somehow STILL haven't gotten your role PM. Let me know via PM.

DAY 1 START

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (15): Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, bowmore, everythingWasBees, Gough Suppressant, Gwynplaine, Harold Krell, Matthew Beet, MC Eating Disorder, Mithranderp, MysticalMachineGun, SKY COQ, thatbastardken, Those On My Left

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 28th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 12 hours, 5 minutes.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hey folks, I have a meeting now and should be back after 11. In the meantime
##vote Anidav

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So I have no idea what the relationship of alignment to flavour is but I got the best console and everyone else can suck it

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

MC Eating Disorder posted:

So I have no idea what the relationship of alignment to flavour is but I got the best console and everyone else can suck it

Pretty sure I got the most beloved console of all time, better luck next time.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My console is highly sought over but not particularly rare, woo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

DARKNESS descends upon the console arena! The unknown combatants begin to circle, hungry for marketshare, hungry for recognition, hungry for the attention of the mainstream. While I, the handsome and highly successful narrator would LOVE to tell you; the reader which consoles are after your precious marketshare… My client wishes for that to remain a mystery. Likewise, I personally believe that disclosing this information may lead to unfair competitive advantage and let’s face it, I’m no Hiroshi Yamauchi.

Does this mean you don't want us to roleclaim? But what about killing the Sega scum?

Oh yeah, I've caught a break this morning, but on average I'm going to have to be a lot more quiet during work hours from now on than I have been in the past. But I'll still be keeping an eye on things when I can, and posting up a storm when I get home.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
##vote Harold Krell

my console lives on in the hearts and minds of the people.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Getting in early to say I'm seeing Avengers tonight (tightarse Tuesday, hurrah) so most likely won't be around for hammertime.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

my home internet has poo poo itself and tonight i'm watching game of thrones and eating ice cream

##vote Harold Krell

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I'm at uni/out til 3ish today.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Those On My Left posted:

my home internet has poo poo itself and tonight i'm watching game of thrones and eating ice cream

##vote Harold Krell
2nd vote is a scum vote

##vote Those On My Left

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I didn't even know my console existed!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I will probably be around most of the day but if I'm actually posting for most of that someone please remind me I'm moving house next week and really should be packing boxes instead of posting on the Internet

Also I really hope somebody is a game gear

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

bowmore posted:

2nd vote is a scum vote

##vote Those On My Left

Holy poo poo I totally missed that bowmore was playing, awesome.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

OOOGA CHAKA
OOOGA CHAKAOOOGA
OOOGA OOOGACHAKA
OOOGA CHAKAOOOGA

:argh:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I know not with what weapons Console Generation V will be fought, but Console Generation VI will be fought with cubes and boxes.

##vote Harold Krell

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Asphyxious posted:

hey! :hfive:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
If my console doesn't win I will be inconsolable.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##unvote

I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting Messr Krell, so I will not yet take part in your mass shunning.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Hmmm. No Zetsubou-san or BBQ. Further pondering required.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

##unvote

I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting Messr Krell, so I will not yet take part in your mass shunning.

I'm waiting to see if he can surprise me again with another heartfelt rap.

btw if anyone watching the megagame before was wondering what was up with my "just nightkill me if Harold Krell doesn't die, because I don't want to go on living!" routine, I was a nexus all along. :angel:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

##unvote

Harold Krell is a gem of a player and given that I personally invited him to this game, I have no choice but to take any aggression towards him as a personal attack.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i'm the neo geo pocket

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Harold Krell is a gem of a player and given that I personally invited him to this game, I have no choice but to take any aggression towards him as a personal attack.

Welp, guess they can't be scumbros.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

mate

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

after d1 krell lynch, d2 asphyxious lynch

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

harold krell more like horrid smell

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Those On My Left posted:

:agreed:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

i'm the neo geo pocket

consoleclaim, suss!

Those On My Left posted:

scummy!

not really. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

consoleclaim, suss!

it's not a console claim. i literally am the neo geo pocket.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I caught them all.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Sexually transmitted infections, I mean.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

I caught them all.

what are sexually transmitted infections

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

god drat it birdstrike

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

it's not a console claim. i literally am the neo geo pocket.

oh okay. that's fine.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Those On My Left posted:

i'm the neo geo pocket
I bet this is a scum fake claim breadcrumb

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

bowmore posted:

I bet this is a scum fake claim breadcrumb

Bowmore citing TOML as scum twice now.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Asphyxious posted:

Bowmore citing TOML as scum twice now.
can't stop won't stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I only learned last week that the original C&C and Red Alert are available as freeware. I'd say RA has held up marginally better.

• Locked thread