Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I am in.

I hope I'm a type of gameboy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I'm at uni/out til 3ish today.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I'm home, just trying to work out a PC issue.

But ##vote Harold Krell

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Hey Gaspy what is your reasoning for wanting to vote tbk?

bowmore posted:

nah but you do need to provide content other than being defensive

you are saying "i am vanilla town and i will play scummy, someone will point out i am scummy and get me lynched a
so obviously that person is scum"

flawed logic and bad town play

I'm not sure I really understand...well, any of this.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Those On My Left posted:

the longer asphyxious goes without responding to any of the requests to explain his tbk vote the more inclined i am to switch my vote to asphyxious.

subtly trying to get a bandwagon going, hmmmmm?

But yeah I'd really like gaspy to answer my question about WHY we should vote for tbk. And please don't try to give us some inscrutable, "I have my reasons" crap.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Also I'm at uni til 7 tonight so y'all better not hammer too early again :colbert:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Posting in my mid lecture break.

Asphyxious posted:

Nah I don't think he could have known that.

But I already have reason to believe that *someone* already worked out I had a role.

Interesting.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I hardly ever do my own scum hunting, except for that one time where I accidentally pinged tirade.

But yeah nah.

I'm town, I have a role, and I visited gaspy last night.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Asphyxious posted:

TOML defends ken.

Ken backs up TOML.

Also :siren: suspicious punctuation :siren:

Yep.

They are connecting with each other a bit.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I'm gonna call scum at the moment as bowmore, tbk, and toml.

Maybe gwyn.

Always maybe gwyn.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I am home! I visited gaspy but did not block gaspy.

Gaspy I am very much willing to believe your role claim, because mine is one that I'd never heard of before but is actually a pretty interesting role as well.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

In other news I have NO IDEA who to vote for.

Bowmore and MCED have both been a bit flaily, but I'll read through today's posts a bit more in depth to see if I can get a good scumread on anyone. If not, it's one of the quiet ones who will get my vote.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

There's always a chance. But I think I'm kinda with MMG here, in that Gaspy is behaving mostly like a slightly frustrated town gaspy would usually behave, give or take a bit of variability (which I'm assuming is somewhat by design). Also that he said there's 0% chance he'll flip scum, and I don't think he's one to lie so outright about that if he's scum. UNLESS he knows that upon death he will flip town.

But his roleclaim seems to fit with the general spirit of my role (an obscure but not too fucky/annoying one). If he wanted to fakeclaim, there are other, more well-known roles that he could have claimed without arousing too much suspicion (or a counter-claim). Balance of probability he is probably not scum.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

this is mafia, nobody's a human being.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

THEY SEE ME POSTIN', THEY HATIN'

BOWMORE
D1 posting: was doing the d1 silly thing. Hammered Krell early, kinda bad for town because that means slightly less discussion
D2 Posting: His early run for TOML didn’t make much sense to me, he seemed to be interpolating a lot into everything TOML was saying. Seemed a bit iffy to me when I first woke up. Then latched onto Gaspy because of his ken vote. A WHOLE LOT OF WHITE NOISE, talking a lot about low-content posters, but wanting to vote Gaspy instead. But then switched to Coq anyway, for a terrible post (I’m interpolating that to mean he voted that way because Sky Coq’s reason for voting gaspy seemed poo poo).
READ: IDK. I haven’t played much with Bowmore so IDK if this is his usual style, but seems very white-noise and erratic with posting and suspicion.
EWB
Literally has four posts.

GOUGH SUPPRESSANT
Literally has three (two if first is signup?) posts.

GWYN
Pops in, pops out, posts strange film-noir version of events (that started when he was scum with me at some point). Seems to conveniently pop in when mentioned. READ: More likely scum than not. IDFK, it’s Gwyn.

BEET:
D1: Day one postin’
D2: Pointed out that sometimes hypothising what went on at night is an unnecessary distraction (which I think is a good point). A bit antagonistic with TOML, but not hugely so.
READ: Not quite as dogged as usual in scumhunting, that might be a natural adjustment from the last game though. Not pinging my scumdar.

MCED:
D1: D1 postin’/latched onto Gaspy fairly early
D2: Still pretty dogged after Gaspy. Made a decent point that SK hunting is fairly useless for town too early on, it distracts from scum hunting. Did not enjoy being called stupid, subsequently requested a lynch.

ME:
Your guess is as good as mine.

MMG:
Few posts, thinks that Gaspy is just being slightly insufferable town, but then wants to vote MCED out of pity. I don’t think this is a very pro town move.

COQ
Few posts. A pretty tenuous reason for voting for Gaspy (“I think TOML is suss but instead want to vote for Gaspy?”) IDK, I’m not buying it. I think possible scum.
PREVIEW EDIT: voted for MCED out of pity. I'm not buying it.

TBK
D1: D1 postin’
D2:Was focusing quite a bit on night actions, which can distract from scum hunting. Voted me for a slightly tenuous reason (IMO, but I’m biased). Doesn't seem to be doing own scum hunting, but piggybacking off TOML's effort

TOML:
D1: Day one postin’
D2: Very facetious vote for bowmore straight off the bat. Claims vanilla town. Making a lot of effort to scum hunt, and I think it might be genuine. It seems not quite vague or tenuous enough for scum, aside from the bowmore vote. Claims vanilla town. I don’t think TOML has been known to lie before.
Read: Borderline.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

gently caress, I forgot to bold EWB's name.

SORRY EWB YOUR POSTS ARE JUST THAT FORGETTABLE.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

So my picks for scum atm are Sky Coq, TBK, and possibly Gwyn

MAYBE Gough Suppressant or EWB but idk, too few posts

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Asphyxious posted:

wait Gough is in this game??

Yeppers.

I know, I'm surprised too.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

##vote gough suppressant

I'm still suss on Coq, but at the moment, but never not lynch.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Two more votes to hammer

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

it's still two votes to hammer (I'm assuming someone sorted out your vote in votefinder for you MMG)

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Those On My Left posted:

new theory

if i were town, i would want the sk dead

if i were scum, i would want the sk dead

if i were an sk, i would want neither town nor scum to kill me

if i didn't want town or scum to kill me, i'd present myself as useful to them

given that town and scum want the sk out of the way, if i were sk, i'd fake-claim as psychiatrist.

ain't nobody got time fo dat tonight.

also it doesn't really matter who the sk is if we lose to scum :shrug:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I assume "majority" means that half (or half plus one) of the players need to vote for the same person.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Those On My Left posted:

reminder that i said that the lynch train on gough was suss

that doesn't really mean anything because if you're scum, you know who's innocent.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anyway I've got a quiz to do today and I need to study for it!

##vote sky coq

I think he's our best bet of getting a scum.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

SKY COQ posted:

I voted you and TOML yesterday. I stand by those votes, particularly in light of you backing his massively shoddy logic today.

##vote Those on my Left

If anyone has a legitimate reason for voting me I'd love to hear it. I was one of the few NOT to dogpile Gough yesterday, and we KNOW he's town.

Claiming town cred because you didn't vote for town is pretty meaningless, given the fact that Scum know who is town beforehand.

You also voted for MC Eating Disorder, who flipped town. I'm not buying the pity vote, sorry. I voted Gough because he wasn't contributing at all to the game, and had the smallest post count. There were probably a few scum in his lynch, but there were also plenty of scum in MCED's lynch.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Sure

and I'm not buying the pity vote :shrug:

it's a pretty convenient bandwagon to get on if you're scum, that's all I'm saying.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I'm just back from uni! What'd I miss

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

VOTE FOR COQ OR NO LYNCH, JFC

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

How about

WE VOTE COQ

(I just realised that the deadline wasn't 10pm <_<)

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

or you know, we could split the vote further :allears:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

MysticalMachineGun posted:

The vote for COQ had stalled, mith. What's your thoughts on COQ v bowmore?

Matthew Beet posted:

no of course you are dude, i'm not saying that. i'm just p.drunk right now and going with my gut.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

what's the stress, they're three a piece. you could jump ship and have bowmore in the lead you realise?

What's the reasoning behind voting bowmore?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I'm pretty convinced that Coq is scum, we wouldn't have this much trouble lynching him otherwise IMO

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

bowmore posted:

you are drunk

MysticalMachineGun and me are tied at 3 votes, I'm voting MysticalMachineGun atm

nah

it's you and coq tied at 3, MMG at 2

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Matthew Beet posted:

yeah, because last night's lynch was a breeze, right mith?

Nah

Last night's original Gough vote was very quick before it derailed in the last ~30 minutes because people found it too suss. Coq's had 3 votes on him almost all day. It's actually a completely different situation.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anyway, I'm not gonna change my vote. I think coq is scum. Lynch him, if he flips town, lynch me. Voila.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I'm around. Give me a good reason to vote MMG and maybe I'll switch. With coq it's a strong gut feeling, so if you've got evidence lemme hear it.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Coq, IMO

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Why do you need to know my role?

Sorry I just woke upp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Yeah at this stage I think Gwyn is most likely scum

Beet...is looking scummier but I'll have to have another read when I'm not still mostly asleep.

• Locked thread