Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
So, yeah.

I guess I'll never play Super Mario RPG or Final Fantasy 6 on the Wii U Gamepad. They'll never get the Miiverse posts they deserve.

I guess we just wait for the next console and maybe they'll port the games you actually want in three years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
:wtc:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I am literally shaking right now

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The Sharmat posted:

I am literally shaking right now

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQYPmtK03c0

This is me right now.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

you've got a nice voice but what's with all the anime?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

i wish i could pay 10 dollars for digital copies of 30 year old games but nintendo just won't let me

Soral
May 30, 2009

what the gently caress

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
does it even have all the snes games the regular wii virtual console had

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

hosed up if true

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

darealkooky posted:

does it even have all the snes games the regular wii virtual console had

No

But something about this doesn't mesh right. Gamestop announced a fuckton of retro console services and trade-ins opening up next week, and gamestop has gotten exclusive re-printings of older games before. So for nintendo to piss out now makes me wonder if they're going to start selling older games through other channels and in physical form. Because the SNES and n64 hardware and software are highly in demand right now.

Either they do SNES on Disc Compilations more frequently for the Wii-U or they decide to manufacture their own SNES and n64 clone consoles with new carts of well known games(Nintendo still has the components). It was only in 2005 did they stop repairing the famicom systems because the parts were getting harder to find to the point where repair did not turn a profit. But they still have all the game boards and plastic cases on hand.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 24, 2015

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

The Raphael posted:

i wish i could pay 10 dollars for digital copies of 30 year old games but nintendo just won't let me

this unironically

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Can you mod a WiiU and install emulators on it because if so then I don't care about this at all.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

coldplay chiptunes posted:

Can you mod a WiiU and install emulators on it because if so then I don't care about this at all.

you can do the wii softmod to the Wii-U's wii mode. But The Wii-U itself is a nightmare to use as an emulator.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

this is hosed man

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

you can do the wii softmod to the Wii-U's wii mode. But The Wii-U itself is a nightmare to use as an emulator.
frack

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Something something something Nintendo joining with a mobile developer and giving them their old games to release on android and IOS operating systems because that's been deemed more profitable than having a console system that very few people use something something something

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Soral posted:

what the gently caress

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
How do we know for sure they're moving on? Only one person has claimed that they are

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Willo567 posted:

How do we know for sure they're moving on? Only one person has claimed that they are

Look at the release schedule it's like a glacier. We'll know for sure in 2 years time when nothing new comes out.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
My aunt at nintendo has confirmed for me they're reviving the third pillar and the next big announcement is a mobile device running a modified version of the android firmware with the ability to boot into GBA mode and play both downloaded VC roms and actual carts from the physical GBA slot on the back, will read GB/C games too unlike the DS.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

SeXReX posted:

My aunt at nintendo has confirmed for me they're reviving the third pillar and the next big announcement is a mobile device running a modified version of the android firmware with the ability to boot into GBA mode and play both downloaded VC roms and actual carts from the physical GBA slot on the back, will read GB/C games too unlike the DS.

is your entire family retards

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

elf help book posted:

is your entire family retards

Naw, just my dad's side.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SeXReX posted:

Naw, just my dad's side.

So that would make you a retard.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The Taint Reaper posted:

So that would make you a retard.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

im afraid

Komm, süsser Tod

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

well at least earthbound came out before this decision

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler
I imagine Nintendo ports or emulates every game individually instead of creating an SDK or API which can handle them all together. Seems like they should've figured that out when they started doing remakes and ports, especially for Virtual Console.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

End of an era.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

1upclock posted:

So, yeah.

I guess I'll never play Super Mario RPG or Final Fantasy 6 on the Wii U Gamepad. They'll never get the Miiverse posts they deserve.

I guess we just wait for the next console and maybe they'll port the games you actually want in three years?
FFVI Advance is the superior product anyway.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
The SNES games are going into Nintendo's vault.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really would spend a crazy amount of money on old games if they were priced well and nintendo does not give 3 shits.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I would pay thousands of dollars over the rest of my life in monthly subscription fees for access to a library of old games if nintendo ever let me.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
loving Nintendo, I swear to god.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mush Man posted:

I imagine Nintendo ports or emulates every game individually instead of creating an SDK or API which can handle them all together. Seems like they should've figured that out when they started doing remakes and ports, especially for Virtual Console.
this is exactly what they do

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
That seems like an expensive and stupid way to do that.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Mario Kart DS was great: The time I threw a bomb in front of the finish to get from 3rd to first.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

wo too bad i wont be able to play all of these crappy old games that dont hold up anymore. QQ

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm the ! Block.

• Locked thread