Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I saw a 35mm print of this last weekend at a local horror movie marathon, it's still one of my favorite 80's horror films. Oliver Robins, who played the boy Robbie, was there and did a little Q&A afterwards, he got asked basically the standard dumb questions but he did talk about Spielberg a bit and I thought it was interesting even if it wasn't news to anyone. Spielberg was on set for the majority of the filming and was very hands-on with everything (not shocking) - for example during the face-tearing scene it was actually Spielberg who stood there and tore the flesh off of the fake head. He said Hooper was definitely the director but there were many times that Spielberg stepped in and took control. I mean, if you're on set and Steven fuckin' Spielberg says "hey I think you should do it this way", you're probably gonna listen to him. He didn't comment on Hooper being high.

Also Robins seemed like a cool dude, he was hanging out in the lobby for the rest of the day "signing autographs" but I don't think anyone really cared about having his autograph. I talked to him for like 10 minutes about Twin Peaks. I think he was stoned. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

lizardman posted:

Derailing my own thread for a sec, I always found the "signing autographs" portion of celebrity public appearances to be awkward and uncomfortable, especially if they're charging for them. Especially since it's nearly always lesser-known celebs that do them; it makes me feel like we're giving them donations or something. Honestly the whole convention thing feels bizarre and mildly exploitative for reasons I can't quite pin down.

I agree, I understand that many of them make their living going to conventions and selling poo poo, but it still feels a bit awkward to me. I've never gotten one and I don't see myself doing it in the future, but if it makes some fans happy and the celebrities some extra cash, it's a good thing I guess.

On topic, I'm somewhat looking forward to the remake and I hope they do something new and interesting with it. Worst case I think it will just be forgettable and unnecessary.

• Locked thread