Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Merdifex posted:

Thanks, it doesn't necessarily have to be completely historically accurate because by the Charlemagne start date some serious Latinization would have occurred, and Gothic would have changed into something akin to Old French, a Latin substrate with a Frankish (or in this case, Gothic) superstrate, and a bit of Gaulish mixed in to the fold (say, what're the demographics looking like for Gothia?). The change would be seen in the names, the toponyms, titles, and other such things.

The change from the old Gothic to the new Romance Gothic would be by province event like in CKII, which triggers, IIRC, if a non-Frankish person in on the throne of West Francia and then the culture just starts changing by event in the provinces under the e_france title, and the province owner gets a fired event. We could have most of the provinces already changed, seems more realistic, and the rest could change when the Gothic king takes a decision to convert or something.

EDIT: What's your capital / important provinces that're going to be in your kingdom at CKII start so that I can see what the sound changes applied look like? Also, are the Bretons going to invade Armorica in your playthrough?

drat dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

It might be easier to use surveymonkey or something for actual voting that way the discussion doesn't get lost in a sea of votes. But that's just my personal opinion.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

This sounds good.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Ceciltron posted:

Gonna vote blue, but the formatting is nigh impossible to quote.

Click on the picture you want and copy it's location/link. Then just paste it into your post.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Ofaloaf posted:

If I've counted things right, as of Drone's post Mr. Red is winning pretty spectacularly, with 30, ahead of Yellow, which has 18 votes.

Still got a day left on the current vote, mind you-- I wasn't sure how fast or slow voting would go, but it's been going quick enough that a 24-hour time limit instead of 48 would work very well.

How many questions were there going to be?

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Ofaloaf posted:

I dunno, seven or so? Some questions are contingent upon the results of other questions.

e: phone postin' woo yeah

Should do 24 hours between questions, imo. If posters snooze they lose.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

People are making fun of you because you sound like you're telling the OP how he (or she) needs to run their own LP. It's one thing to say "I think" or "In my opinion" but you're just straight up making declarations. Just take a chill pill, vote, and enjoy the show.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

There were a few good choices, but this one is pretty cool.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

This sounds fine to me.

edit: somehow managed to link the wrong picture

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Familiar, yet different.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

I think that the grey option is turning into a contest to see who can attempt to shoe horn the dumbest, most implausible thing into poor Ofaloaf's LP.

edit: if some random emperor decided to adopt Islam out of nowhere he would be murdered by his palace guards who would then put a relative of his on the throne.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

You guys are being way too generous with Romes. If a country isn't claiming to be the true successor to the Roman Empire, it doesn't count.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Plus a lot can happen over the course of CK2. I would be shocked if all three Roman successor states were still around in 1444. The HRE in particular is vulnerable to being overthrown by feudal vassals because iirc they hate being ruled by republics and bishoprics. Plus the ERE still has to deal with Seljuks and Mongols.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

If only there was someone who could provide a definitive answer to this question

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Ofaloaf posted:

I have no idea what the question even is at this point.

How many countries consider themselves to be the actual Roman Empire, or at least the true successor to the Roman Empire.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

What's the estimate on how long it will take to create the CK2 scenario?

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Ofaloaf posted:

When's Horse Lords coming out? Nail a week onto that and that's my goal for now.

I want to have Horse Lords for this thing, especially what with the situation in Central and Eastern Europe, but I know I'll have to fiddle and tweak files after that comes out to make sure it all works right without having an unfortunate CTD 400 years in.

I don't think Horse Lords has a release date yet

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Merdifex posted:

And that was my ideal scenario I posted about a while ago, a Roman state centered around Carthage with plenty of reason for enmity against Rome Rome.

Sure, the cult of Baal isn't coming back barring one of those crazy event chains that turn your character pagan, but at least we have the Carthage vs. Rome dynamic back to an extent. I'd love to have them also be a merchant republic like the actual Carthage, but that'd be getting a bit too greedy.

Why would anyone there give a poo poo about what happened 800 years earlier.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

What are the various culture groups going to be?

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Can someone remind me what the different Christian denominations are in this LP

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

GSD posted:

I hope they can forge a Fortress Britain.

Well they'll probably convert by the 11th century because being an unreformed pagan by then starts to suck

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Man, you're blobbing like crazy

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Which is weird because I've seen Popes conquer stuff in CK2. Well aside from HIP where they put Rome into de jure Italy/Lombary so it ends up getting conquered like immediately. :catstare:

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Please do not deliberately tank yourself or something Of, that's the worst part of lps like the Sicily thread.

What happened in the Sicily thread

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

I thought pagans could turn feudal or merchant republic without reforming or converting, they were just stuck as elective gavelkind? Or maybe that's just HIP...

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

1. B
2. B
3. A
4. A
5. B

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Administrative Ideas

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007