Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Best buddies forever! :3:

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Visigoths are fourth Rome.

Please, the Goths are the REAL 3rd Rome as demonstrated by the glorious reign of Imperator Augustus Thedoricus Maximus over a unified western Europe. Those dirty Slavs just wanted to steal the Goths right place as the heir to the heir of the Roman Empire. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Just to be clear, and because I'm seeing alot of bold words at the end of this update, that last bit is a vote, yes?

Yeah, just saw that, my bad.
vvv

Brutus Salad fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 27, 2015

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Well this is good.

Oh god, does religious tension cause as much unrest as cultural tensions do in Rome2? This is going to be messy if it is.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Rincewind posted:

Francogoths!
Gothigauls

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Gothigoths. Byzantium. Srbja. French.

Woah there buddy, let's at least try and keep things within the realm of reality here.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Dr. Snark posted:

I think "Gaulgoths" sounds better.

At this point I think it would be better if we started calling ourselves the OstroGauls. Sure it might piss off the natives but we are in east Gaul.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Ofaloaf posted:

Or, it turns out, maybe Garamantia really wasn't that rich and fertile. Perhaps the people who told us of Garamantine power were slightly confused?
Oh you
:allears:

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I feel like if there is going to be a pentarchy it's going to be shifted west a good deal.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Well Britain's looking very religiously diverse to say the leas-

Okay now that's just silly. :colbert:

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Ofaloaf posted:

a 'Hunnia' or 'Hunnic Realm' exists on maps
I'd prefer it be an empire for this one, so that the various steppe kingdoms that show up afterwards try to claim the Hun's cultural legacy as a counter to Rome's.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

With a little bit of
Rome 2: Return of the Principate

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

berryjon posted:

Sensing weakness in the historical competitors across the Mediterranean, Egypt launched a campaign to invade Italy, seeking to capture Rome. At this time, southern Italy, including the city of Rome itself were an Egyptian vassal-state. Northern Italy has unified against this threat, and tensions are always at the boiling point.
Egypt is gone. There is only beta OMEGA Israel now. :smuggo:

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Brutus Salad posted:

With a little bit of
Rome 2: Return of the Principate

YF-23 posted:

No King nor Emperor was fit to rule the Italian realm. The Central Roman state, having secured Italy from the Emperor of the west but under persistent siege from all sides and unable to pursue dreams of establishing itself as Empire in the Mediterranean entered a crisis of leadership as the purpose of the realm was uncertain. Without any practical source of legitimacy for the pretenders and under pressure from the heretic Goths and pagan Avars to the north, the Italian Romans found a common cause in defence of the faith, with the Bishop of Rome playing an increasingly active role in the state, culminating in a Great Compromise: the acceptance by the Roman Senate and the Italian nobility of the Pope as the highest authority in the realm.

The Western Roman Separatists start CK2 as the Holy Roman Empire, a theocracy under the Pope, who is Emperor over a number of duke- and king-level feudal vassals.

Changing my vote to this since it's probably a bit closer to what I want.

E: I feel like all of use who want a unified but decentralized Italy should start co-ordnating our votes

Brutus Salad fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 11, 2015

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

What can I say, I feel bad for the fuckers.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Voting with my heart here.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Moe Romes, moe problems.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

crimea posted:

A slight deviation from orange, I feel as though a strong and resurgent Western Rome should only mean the Eastern Romans should wither. Inverse from OTL, karmatic balance and all that. While the slavs remained in the east, over the course of 300 years the Eastern Empire collapsed into many dukedoms and city-states.

Come on guys, we need somewhere balkanised.

This

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

To keep the thread active, please add voting for character names too, until we've named every major landholder in the game.

And their stats and traits too! Tsar Ivan "the Pretty Alright" needs at least 20's in all of his abilities!

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Not having any holy sites held at the start was the real killer here.

Yeah,the way that the Pentarchy and Holy Sites mechanics interact made this practically inevitable.

Brutus Salad fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 29, 2015

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Rejected Fate posted:

Welp, better prepare for a Zoroastrian Europe.
FTFY.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Clayren posted:

Zoroastrian. :getin:
At this point I expect the Persians to take South America before they get Syria.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Ofaloaf posted:

Even better.

Well it could have been worse :allears:

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Crowsbeak posted:

You should give him pink versions.
And let these fuckers win?

I think not!

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Ofaloaf posted:

There should be a Gothic Senate, filled with honorable men from the provinces, would help guide the kingdom. The Senate would serve an advisory role and would not get a vote on all affairs in the realm, but the king would consult and heed the Senate on certain matters.
We're not done being Romaboos yet. :colbert:

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

North

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

WELL THAT COULD HAVE GONE BETTER. At least we're free of the pointless wars now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

That's a lot of Kurds! :eyepop: