Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Ofaloaf posted:

I'm kind of hoping the Jutes get kicked out by Britain. If the British actually hold a lot of ground at game's end, it'd be very tempting to make Britain dominated by Brithenig rather than Welsh.

This has been my dream since CK2 first came out. I actually made a Brithenig culture and attempted to restore Britain, but I blobbed too hard and wound up becoming Neo-Roman. It's hard not to in the non-1066 starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
These borders are going to be off the wall by the time CK2 rolls around.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Ofaloaf posted:

Hey, if Britain survives in its strong state and if Gaul stays where it is, maybe I can include both Brithenig and Jovian as cultures in CK2.

Gotcha covered. At least at a base level, I pretty much stole the names from the IB wiki, so alter as you like. You know, assuming they survive.

I'm so proud of the Brits and really hope the Saxons don't ruin their moment in the sun.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Should've settled in Aquitaine and expanded into Tarraconensis in Visigoth style. As is we kind of fall almost perfectly along Frankish borders.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 19, 2015

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I dunno, with the Jutes gone and the Saxons friendly, all of Southeast Britain is a tight Roman core. The celtifying thing happened in Wales and Cornwall, on the farthest possible fringes of roman influence, after all the major areas were eaten up by Saxons. Here though, at least in Brittania itself, Romans are definitely in charge.

How they handle the Picts and Irish, I have no earthly idea.

You know what I'm excited for now? African Romance :allears:

Raserys fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 19, 2015

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
There are no Romes in the Byzantine LP.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I, personally, am in favor of more Romes. In fact, all the factions should be Romes.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Freudian posted:

You haven't been around very long have you

Regdate: May 12, 2015

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That's quite literally almost a thousand years away. Let's jump that hurdle when we get to it, yeah?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Merdifex is also backseat modding, in a sense.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

But only if it's in Hungary.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The thing is that you try to shoot down other people's ideas based on some sort of vaguely invented authority as Warden of the Goth LP and all knowledge of What Should Happen. Like, so what if X is not a realistic alternative to what happened historically, it's not your say.

Basically you read like that smug guy who worked on WTWSMS, except you don't even have the excuse of actually being on a mod team.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Untrue, Alsace-Lorraine juts out in a mildly unattractive fashion and Corsica is not included with Sardinia. Therefore the whole thing needs to be torn down and fixed. Which we did!

Merdifex posted:

Gotta build up good rapport somehow, but this is not how. I've seen the morons who post for drama, they're good at it, but they remain morons nonetheless.

How long did you read these forums before you joined? Mocking lovely posters is a goon pastime, and you're a pretty lovely poster with an even worse attitude. Listen to those guys. When people say lurk more, that's not a joke.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 11, 2015

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
This gets said in every Paradox LP when someone mentions a senate. I don't know, which senates actually made it to the Victoria portion of the LP? Hohenzollern? The Hansa? The Byzantine senate was overwhelmingly progressive voices, and that ended in EUIV.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Fox Ironic posted:

Hohenzollern and Azeri. Azeri was particularly bad about people pushing Autocrat stuff, particularly with genocidal implications.

I thought the recurring sentiment among goons in the AzeriLP was an echo chamber of tolerance and liberal democracy?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Sticking to my guns.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Get hype for Rome-mance of the Three Romes.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Changed my vote here.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jun 14, 2015

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Merdifex posted:

In that case, I'd modify RowansWarden's proposal a bit to include specifics:

Hellenic Islam

Unlike OTL where many Byzantine emperors scoffed at Muhammad's budding new religion, declaring it nothing more than some misguided Christian heresy held by backward desert savages, one emperor saw something more; he saw inspiration.

Upon receiving several letters from Muhammad, he put into writing his own improvements to Muhammad's own theology. Why would Theos (the term he used instead of Allah) speak to some desert barbarian in his own guttural tongue rather than to an emperor who spoke one of the most beautiful and prestigious language on earth?

In reality, the language of revelation was Greek, since the archangels Gabriel and Michael appeared to this emperor and pointed out that Greek was not only the best language, but also that Muhammad misinterpreted them greatly.

His writings and revelations were recorded by him and his followers in a collection of books called the Theonomy (god's laws.) It was revealed to him that you could marry more than one woman, among other things.

This new faith was called Paradinism, after the Greek word for submission.

Changing my vote from Purple Guy to this, but without anything west of the Sinai.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jun 14, 2015

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Rodyle posted:

So many out to betray Axum.

The Muslim Byzantium plan it was spun off from had surviving Axum, and presumably North Africa in general, so I assumed that was the case here as well. Really, it doesn't matter much to me if one of the heresies are simply repainted with Byzantine Purple, it's on principle, mostly. Like, maybe the Arabian Peninsula is Shia, and Byzantium is Greekified Shiite?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Rip Greater Axum, may Britannia carry your torch.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 15, 2015

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
A long time ago, I think when The Old Gods came out, I used this map to make Brithenig province names:

The name there for Oxford is just a rendition of the English name though.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Uh, yeah, I did actually. :sweatdrop: I guess what I should've asked was if there were Brithenig names that evolved from the original Latin. And besides, the name for York on that map is like, Ewrascow or something like that, so I thought it was fair to ask about other Brithenig renderings.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Rodyle posted:

5 romes. We've done it you guys.

By this thread's definition you would think any country with vague ties to the Roman Empire is a Rome. France? It's a Rome. Norway? It's a Rome. Bosnia? Ugh, what's with all these Romes, Byzantophiles???

The "Romes" so far are the Caralian Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, and if it makes the vote, the Byzantine Empire. Britain is as much a continuation of the Roman Empire as we are, which is to say not :v:

Raserys fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 16, 2015

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Rincewind did that in ByzLP and then there were Chinese in Spain.

Along the line it led to cool things, but at the time it was a bit surprising to say the least.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Gyra_Solune posted:

unlike byzlp where it's all about what being roman means the primary theme of this one is 'oh my god romans are jerks WHY IS LITERALLY EVERYONE TRYING TO BE ROME'

like you do realize what with spain and britain having roman presence, there's something of a decent chance we will have roman America

I dont think I'm ready for this

Following this logic, that's what happened OTL, when the Spanish colonized the New World

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Important question, will all 72 provinces of the Gamarantes be represented Accurately in game?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Hcivokurir doesn't work so well

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Not Dikurur? That's Ridikurus

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Let's not speculate Merdifex's life for the sake of slav memes

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Yessssss. Can't wait for the hordes to suddenly blob out of control and roll over the entire civilized world

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Oh, the Romance and Semitic cultures! Theoderic isn't exactly sprightly, so the succession laws must be cleared to ensure Glorja becomes heir!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

How perfect! This pretender and his Orthodox wench can only produce corpses and girls. Surely our lords will see the light? The Triarius are accursed by God, rejected by the Almighty, along with every poor soul trapped under their rule! These are but the first of the punishments to come! The Amalings must be restored for a truly united and holy Gothia!

Lord Cyrahzax, I like to think you exist as a Nikon Pytheid-esque immortal in every Paradox LP universe.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Let's Wear Black: In Memory of Gothia

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
What happens when the Amalings take a second shot at invading, and, worst case scenario, succeed?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Did Loegria's new queen successfully convert the realm? That's already the two strongholds of Arianism collapsed.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Rodyle posted:

Presumably our next move will be a conversion to Frankish culture.

If there's a melting pot event, we may as well be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Britannia is back, baby! But not in the way I wanted :(

Now that Septimania is officially heretical, I say we march down there and liberate those poor Orthodox Romans!