Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Ofaloaf posted:

Also oh god I finally decided to look at Nubia in detail, and

I'd like to formally apologize for anything bad I said about people who voted against Great Nubia the first time around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
What's that blueish kingdom in Anatolia that seems to have completely replaced the Khalufinids? Are they Rumi or straight up Greek/Levantine? Also, I really wish the Byzantines would conquer Smyrna already, that gap is driving me nuts every time I see it.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Goddamn, look at the remnant of Loegria. So pitiful. Rip Brithenig dream

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Just noticed the huge dent that the Umayyads took out of the Persians. Where are the Immortals when you need them?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The Nubians lost Egypt, but it seems they took Mecca.

We're so close to becoming just the straight up Roman Empire, I can almost taste it... But that Stewardship issue doesn't bode too well.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Crippling ourselves can lead to unforseen consequences down the line, take for example ByzLP where we spent the latter half of CK2 and most of early EUIV going through multiple collapses.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I didn't read that after CK2 ended, what happened?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I am of the opinion that there are not enough Romes, and will not be satisfied until the recreation of the Roman Horde and the Union of Rome

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The benefit of our Italian conquests is that we can kick out local counts and install Goths Turinese, but if we manage to succeed to the Roman throne, there are going to be a looooooot of strong vassals that don't exactly have the highest opinion of us.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
M-Maybe if we're lucky the Old Ones will claim his soul and leave Dodon on the throne?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Just looking at the map outside of old Roman borders is a nightmare patchwork of border gore. Not sure how that'll work out by EUIV, but there's still 500 more years to go.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Who controls Irminsul at the game start anyway?

Aaaaand there's the update, everything went surprisingly well for having a literal insane Emperor. What I most certainly don't approve of is giving land to the Saxons that should belong to our loyal British vassal!

Raserys fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 20, 2015

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
You're a monster, what other surviving ancient monument will be central to conspiracy theories worldwide?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I think seljuk should be a woman

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Kings dying off like flies, it's like we're back in the first few CK2 updates.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
If Seljuk actually makes it to the Byzantines' door, that would be the first Paradox LP where the Turks actually conquer Anatolia.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Oh no... Once we inherit Illlyria, our borders will look so ugly! Looks like we have no choice but to invade Italy!

And we lost Britain :(

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
And what's going on in Egypt? Is that an independent Egyptian sultanate? Or better, Copts?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Ofaloaf posted:

Even better.

:perfect:

E: goddamn it

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
So his name will be mispronounced in future Chinese dubs of video games

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's not finished, but it's not hard to find if you've seen the After the End Github

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
One down, one to go. There can be only one :unsmigghh:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
You know what this means? Roman America.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Fox Ironic posted:

Gautes, Brithenig and Hispanian, so a Romantic America, not a Roman America.

My guess is that the Irish Britons and the Brithenig will fight over Canada and New England while we take the areas south of there as well as some Caribbean possessions while the Hispanians and Africanus go for Central and South America.

Technically if we're still a part of Carthage, it's Roman in name.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
rip Immortal Egypt. :mediocre:

Speaking of, the Crusades will be starting soon, won't they? :getin:

Raserys fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 23, 2016

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

GSD posted:

We should ally with the Solomonid caliphs against the Persian menace.

Even though cross-religious alliances aren't really possible, it would be great if ITL Muslims became major allies of Christian Europe against the dread hordes of Mani.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Freudian posted:

You shall not conspire to restore the Empire of Rome. :colbert:

Conspire...? It's not "conspiring" anymore :unsmigghh:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

verbal enema posted:

i think we should make some vacation homes out of the british isles

Ironically we're directly responsible for Cantia's independence

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The biggest crime of all is that Swabia holds one county that prevents us from assimilating de jure Belgica.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
*rolls dice*

Steppe Horde.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The obvious solution is to run Stellaris and HOIV at the same time, ending with the invasion of Earth.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Beautiful. Deus vult.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

GSD posted:

I hope EU4/the conversion to EU4 gives Islam a boost.

Why would you devote more to some minor religion that only has two countries? :confused:

This world's CK2 had Islam as a heresy of Judaism until the fourth expansion.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Manichaeanism should really be distinct from Zoroastrianism

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
And given the luck of House Triarius, odds are the little Emperor dies at the age of 2

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Not-French + Nubian = Turkish faces??

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I kinda hope we don't have a Sunset Invasion type event. I really like how the scenario has been unfolding thus far.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Australians aren't Polynesians, you're thinking Maori.

Also, it's probably just the two Icelandic counties except independent.

I would way, way prefer to see the vanilla New World scenario, Ofaloaf mentioned he was testing out various things in EUIV with colonization and those sounded interesting. If you want huge native american empires and Rome constantly getting its teeth kicked in, there's always ByzLP.

Raserys fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 19, 2016

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Give goons an inch and they'll take a mile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The ancient law of CK2: a genius heir will always die at the worst possible moment.

This is looking more and more like best case scenario, maximal extent of the Empire, worst case scenario, nightmarish implosion. At least hope lives on in Vlach Super-Jerusalem