Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I don't normally mind the smaller numbers, but in the historical battles it can sometimes take me totally out of the game. I don't really think gigantic army sizes would be a good thing though; with battles bigger than they already are, it'd be so hard to manage that you'd usually just be zoomed out in the strategic map the whole time and sit around looking at numbers flick down rather than actually rendered dudes.

Not that some people would mind that, I suppose.

i81icu812 posted:

The tiny unit sizes for all of the TW games after the first Rome always makes me sad.
this has come up several times now; why do people think Rome 1 had bigger battles? :confused: Aside from crappy chaff units you'd never actually use anyway, the units in that maxed out at 160 dudes, just like they have in every Total War since. did Rome 1 default to larger unit sizes and nobody figured out you can just change that in the options menu or something?

edit: this is a super cool idea for a Let's Play by the way, I hope you have enough time to see it through. I wonder though, how are you gonna deal with blobbing out of control? It's not as pronounced in Attila as it is in other TW games, but it's still pretty much inevitable that you'll control half the map by the end of the game, which... might make the later games a bit too easy? Are you gonna make there have been a civil war or two in the interim between games?

Koramei fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Apr 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU