Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
How far in Attila are you going to be going? I think the campaign by default goes to ~495, but I don't know if you'll be able to keep it interesting all the way there. Then again I never finished a campaign myself so I've got no idea how much the dropping fertility and Huns mess everything up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Why was their diplomacy text acting like they were giving you money?

e; Oh jeez, update at the bottom of the last page

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

I like his Franks one because it makes them a proper blue, but the Saxons just look too much like Santa Claus with his bright red color scheme.

Yeah.

CA is just really drat lazy when it comes to faction emblems.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Zoroastrian, IIRC. Islam doesn't become a thing for another few centuries.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Merdifex posted:

How do you convert the rulers of a country?

You need at least 35% of the population to follow a religion to convert to it as a player, I'm assuming the AI uses the same rule. I'm not sure how they make the decision on whether or not to convert though.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Is the plan to convert now or wait until the Horse Lords DLC comes out? I feel like that would add a lot if the Huns are sticking around.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

YF-23 posted:

No King nor Emperor was fit to rule the Italian realm. The Central Roman state, having secured Italy from the Emperor of the west but under persistent siege from all sides and unable to pursue dreams of establishing itself as Empire in the Mediterranean entered a crisis of leadership as the purpose of the realm was uncertain. Without any practical source of legitimacy for the pretenders and under pressure from the heretic Goths and pagan Avars to the north, the Italian Romans found a common cause in defence of the faith, with the Bishop of Rome playing an increasingly active role in the state, culminating in a Great Compromise: the acceptance by the Roman Senate and the Italian nobility of the Pope as the highest authority in the realm.

The Western Roman Separatists start CK2 as the Holy Roman Empire, a theocracy under the Pope, who is Emperor over a number of duke- and king-level feudal vassals.

I would vote for this, but I seem to recall something about high level theocracies being super stable due to a lack of factions or something. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Sardinia becomes an independent merchant republic, and the south of Hispania has a kingdom level title that can be created for it (kind of like a kingdom of Aquitaine), but is divided between two independent dukedoms at the start.

Merchant republic of Sardinia Rome gets my vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

1 A
2 C
3 C
4 B
5 B