Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Funky Valentine posted:

Goddamn look at all the destruction in Eastern Europe.

Well look at it this way, now there is plenty of room for him to put whatever he wants there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

The Huns shall live forever!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

YF-23 posted:

No King nor Emperor was fit to rule the Italian realm. The Central Roman state, having secured Italy from the Emperor of the west but under persistent siege from all sides and unable to pursue dreams of establishing itself as Empire in the Mediterranean entered a crisis of leadership as the purpose of the realm was uncertain. Without any practical source of legitimacy for the pretenders and under pressure from the heretic Goths and pagan Avars to the north, the Italian Romans found a common cause in defence of the faith, with the Bishop of Rome playing an increasingly active role in the state, culminating in a Great Compromise: the acceptance by the Roman Senate and the Italian nobility of the Pope as the highest authority in the realm.

The Western Roman Separatists start CK2 as the Holy Roman Empire, a theocracy under the Pope, who is Emperor over a number of duke- and king-level feudal vassals.

This will do.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Can never have to many Romes.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Seems like A good middle ground.

Also out of curiosity, about how many more decisions are we looking at?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

sheep-dodger posted:

The Slavic Takeover
The initial Slavic migrations were welcomed by the Eastern Roman Empire, as it desperately needed recruits to try and stop the Sassanid advance on Anatolia, and in return for their service in the army, many Slavs were allowed to settle in the provinces of Thrace and Illyria. Over the decades, Slavs came to dominate the army, as more and more Eastern provinces were lost and the Greek elites were reluctant to enter military service.
It was the domination of the empire's army that would secure the Slavic domination of the empire.
After a botched coup in the early 500's the Slavic generals, nominally working in the name of the boy-emperor of the time, began rooting out the Greek elites that had plotted to overthrow him. Those nobles would be replaced by former Slavic chiefs, which was the first taste for the Eastern Romans of what was to come in the next centuries.
This process culminated in the early 700s, when a Slavic general successfully usurped the crown and styling himself Tiberius and gaining control over the entire empire.
In game terms, the ERE stretches up to the Danube and its northern half is firmly Slavic, while the Greeks have been reduced mostly to Attica. The reigning emperor is Slavic, but the cohabitation of Greeks and Slavs in the empire means that they are in the process of developing a new syncretic culture (melting pot events).

Getting on that Slav hype train.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Dang. I forgot we voted to ditch Axum :(

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Its just as beautiful as I imagined. I cant wait to see what kind of mind bending hijinks we get into.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I for one will consider this let's play a failure if by the end there isn't a great Immortals Empire spanning from north Africa to the borders of India.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

It is all so clear to me now. The Triarius and the Amalings mean nothing! Gothia has been rent asunder for it's trust in what has proven to be a false faith! I say now, before you all, that Arius was a heretic! I say that his misguided and damned children slaughter each other for the want of any true spiritual satisfaction, any true faith!

But what is the answer? The Imperial Creed has seen the Orthodox realms around us prosper. The Zoroastrians have won glory in the East. Favor seems to shine on all but the Arians! Whatever the truth is, then, I say Arianism is a lie! I condemn it and its bastard children! I demand that the rulers of Gothia find a real religion!

Blasphemy! It is well known that (supposed) good fortune leads to idleness, which leads to sin. We must not give in to the allure of these heretic's lies. These hard times are a gift, bestowed unto us so that it may strengthen our faith. Stay the course.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ofaloaf posted:

Abroad, other Abrahamic religions' fortunes began to revive. Syria, lost to the Zoroastrians a generation earlier, was retaken by the Sunni Caliphate in a great jihad in 826. The remnants of the Zoroastrian Immortals, the holy order which had ruled the region directly prior to the Muslim reconquest, were then absorbed into the greater Persian Empire.

THEY MUST PAY.

Also I must say im disturbed that we have avoided the Great Blue Blob just to replace it with the Great Red Blob

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Dear God, We are the Karlings!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Quite the little juggernaut brawl going on in the Middle East.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

crimea posted:

. I just pray to Ahura Mazda that within the remaining 400 years at least one of these Romes are destroyed (hopefully the boring middle and eastern ones)..

Holy Rome is best Rome, they just have learned that its better to just to sit back and avoid all the craziness of the clashing blobs.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

And there we go, our whole situation turned right on its head.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

mythomanic posted:

It shouldn't be too hard to wrest control of the empire back, as we have 33k troops at our disposal. Although maybe it'd be better to wait for another election. Also, I love Manichean Seljuk.

Wait!? To get back what was so wrongfully stolen from us? No sir there can only be one answer for this heinous crime,War.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ofaloaf posted:

Even better.

:perfect:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Oh hey I just noticed, the Holy Romans are on the move.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ofaloaf posted:

You joke, but I run observer games of the mod all the time still. That's how I've ended up with

Thats (a bit under) half a year well spent

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ofaloaf posted:

The fall of Rome marked not just the end of the war, but also the end of the Catholic Holy Roman Empire itself. Pope Julius III owned no lands outside of Rome proper, and without a place to hold court, the entire network of rulership which had sustained the Italian theocracy for more than five centuries collapsed. Some of remnants of the former HRE retained theocratic rule and essentially became autonomous bishoprics, paying lip-service to the now-exiled Bishop of Rome. Other portions of Italy, such as Samnium, followed feudal practice, as had already been de facto the case in portions of the Catholic realm.

Rome itself, although still a province inclined to theocratic rule, remained in the hands of Emperor Pons himself. Carthago Nova off in Hispania was a city he was willing to forsake, but Rome itself was too laden with prestige and glory for him to willingly pass it on to any vassal.

While the Carthagennans had attacked the Papacy from the north and west, the Byzantines had also sensed the Papacy's weakness and had struck at Italy, citing their own claim to Roman heritage and their interests in the Adriatic. Their gains had been less sweeping that the Carthagennans'. Nonetheless, they won a portion of Apulia for themselves, and with that victory gained their own foothold in Italy.

While I commend you for trying to get rid of some of these blobs, it doesn't help if the territories it leaves behind just get absorbed by the remaining ones!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Oh well, maybe if we are lucky the Muslims will take advantage of the situation and invade broken Italy so as to escape the madness back east and make a new homeland for the teachings of Mohammed.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Rodyle posted:

That would be lucky

Holy wars are MUCH easier to expand with than claims :unsmigghh:

That sounds to me like you're calling for further blobbing. And them's a fightin words:colbert:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Raserys posted:

rip Immortal Egypt. :mediocre:

Speaking of, the Crusades will be starting soon, won't they? :getin:

Why does the world so hate the realm of the Immortals?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Your all wrong, a paranoid Theocracy is where its at.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Poor Arianism. :(

The Catholics as well. By the looks of things they are not long for this world. Maybe come EUIV we will get a Catholic resurgence along with the rise of Protestantism.

Nice to see that Islam isn't completely dead thought.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Drone posted:

Which site was the one that produced that huge novel-length story about NATO fighting off a demonic invasion or some poo poo?

Sounds like your talking about 'The Salvation War'.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ofaloaf posted:

The Carthagennan Splinter is unfortunately close in color to Francia's orange.

Bout had a heart attack when I scrolled pass this

Edit. Update on previous page.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

That proper and accurate Romania pleases me greatly.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

And thus dies mega Jerusalem and true Romania. Why does this LP hate all that is beautiful and right?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

mcclay posted:

Please give us a detailed write up about the culture and general outlook of this beautiful nation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyenRCJ_4Ww

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Luhood posted:

something something "Japan got Islam rather than Buddhism!" something something

Well this is just silly. Clearly in this world Japan fell under the influence of the Mesoamerican faiths

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Definitely better to keep things a little loose.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ofaloaf posted:

It's okay, the Ostrogoths were desperate and needed the money. That makes it okay.

True. Imagine where we would be today if the other factions hadn't been so insistent on running us into the ground.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

QuoProQuid posted:

If Rome has only been sacked once, I think the Romans would consider that a success.

Actually I think it was sacked some three times in as many years.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Aug 2, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

A good selection.

1.C
2.C
3.B
4.A
5.C

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

GSD posted:

I'd like to petition all pro-slavery votes to be removed from the lists, due to the fact that they are in favor of slavery.

It's not pro-slavery, it's anti-anti-slavery. Huge difference.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Looks like Syria is gettin a whoopin down there.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Aeromancia posted:

Administrative ideas and then Exploration after.

Never played as the Emperor before, but decreasing coring and tech costs now seems like a good idea. I'm pretty sure we want to make a Gothic New World, so exploration second would make us very competitive.

My thoughts exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

catlord posted:

Huh, looks like Tina took Scotland.

So much for Great Iwerddon.:smith:

Something screwy going on in Thrace.