Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I've been really suspicious of people saying things like "MCED is definitely town I trust him" so far because its such a low effort way to throw down a vote without really saying anything

Gilok flipping pyro just confirms the fact in my mind that its a suss move

Still want to vote valk today, but lets figure out why nobody died tonight first before we start voting for poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Yeah I've been really suspicious of people saying things like "MCED is definitely town I trust him" so far because its such a low effort way to throw down a vote without really saying anything

Gilok flipping pyro just confirms the fact in my mind that its a suss move

Still want to vote valk today, but lets figure out why nobody died tonight first before we start voting for poo poo

you took a long time to write that post didnt you

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poque posted:

I don't follow the part about MCED.

I don't think anybody is clear in this situation. You aren't clear since you could've just not taken a killing action last night and instead used a roleblock. Derp isn't clear since he could have just withheld a kill last night to make this exact argument. Mith is only clear in a situation where he's the last remaining scum.

MCED initiated and pushed hard for a vote on Peta when he had no heat. I dont see a scum buddy doing that bus.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
unless peta said he didnt want to play in the scum doc. he has been very absent in other games he's in

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

uranus posted:

you took a long time to write that post didnt you

nah, but i'm glad you still think its worthwhile to push on me a little

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

i don't think it was a push, it's that your post wanted to figure out last night's happenings and derp already explained them :)

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

if you're still wondering why no one died last night you should read the last page

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
no I figured it out its cool

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

uranus posted:

i'm still bleeding though and am going to die tonight. i was going to keep that secret but i dont think it matters since its probably lylo.

with all these bps i could definitely see it being lylo. but that'd still be 3 maf + traitor + 2 arsonists in a 16 player game which is a bit heavy. unimportant, treat it like its lylo even if it isn't

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
FV who have your targets been?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
well a mislynch plus a kill plus my death makes it 100% lylo.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poque posted:

FV who have your targets been?

N1 - Pig
N2 - Allen
N3 - Exact
N4 - Hiip
N5 - Exact
N6 - Mithross

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

My item is a mirror. It reflects the users action back onto them.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I keep thinking its a small enough pool and enough people are claiming stuff that we can absolutely figure this out without having to take any big leaps but my tiny dumb brain can't quite figure it out so I'm gonna take a poo poo and go get ready for work and then spend the next 45 minutes or so before I gently caress off for 8 hours teasing out possible hypotheticals and outcome

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

My item is a mirror. It reflects the users action back onto them.

well then you didnt block the kill

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i mean, i guess we already knew that, nvm

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
if you blocked pig n1 he would have rinsed off himself and never and not had to use an action to do it

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm heading into a meeting. I'll be back later.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

uranus posted:

if you blocked pig n1 he would have rinsed off himself and never and not had to use an action to do it

Depends on order of execution.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
so what does everyone think.

i feel like believing valkryie, which means its either mc or poque.

both have been very engaged in the game and active, so that is hard to believe... . . .

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I admit the valk claim doesn't make a lot of sense as scum, all we would need is mith to confirm they weren't roleblocked to out them. Would a VT know they've been roleblocked? Can mith confirm valks night action? If that's the case I think we can absolutely vote Poque today (or me but I'm not gonna entertain hypotheticals where I'm scum at this point)

If we don't have any reason to believe VTs can tell when they've been roleblocked, I think its a little murkier

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
how doesn't valk's claim make sense as scum? it's not like a scum roleblocker has flipped yet. I need to go through some of this stuff more, like matching those claims up with other claimed actions

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
derp is your impending death a factor of your item or the type of kill that was used on you?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

uranus posted:

I was trying to work this out yesterday when Poque was figuring out if derp was lying about CPig hosing him off. Exact bussed Pig and Allen night one, so my action would have applied to Allen.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Poque posted:

how doesn't valk's claim make sense as scum? it's not like a scum roleblocker has flipped yet. I need to go through some of this stuff more, like matching those claims up with other claimed actions

I just mean if we can verify roleblocks on VTs, its a dumb move for valk to claim a roleblock AND put a kill out on uranus because it just requires mith to say "hey I wasn't roleblocked" which immediately outs valk as scum. I'm not sure how this stuff works but I'm pretty sure I have gotten a night message saying something weird happened to me last time I was roleblocked as VT in a game so its a weird move for scum to make if that's how this game works as well.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'd also like some more information about uranus's role please

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I just mean if we can verify roleblocks on VTs, its a dumb move for valk to claim a roleblock AND put a kill out on uranus because it just requires mith to say "hey I wasn't roleblocked" which immediately outs valk as scum. I'm not sure how this stuff works but I'm pretty sure I have gotten a night message saying something weird happened to me last time I was roleblocked as VT in a game so its a weird move for scum to make if that's how this game works as well.

I generally, as mod, do not tell people that they have been roleblocked unless it is a jailing roleblock or they had an action that didn't go through as a result. but it varies from mod to mod. I swear there was something Allen said that was to the contrary in this game though, plus I have been getting flavor nightly about being undisturbed at night so that could be different if I had been targeted with a block.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Poque posted:

I generally, as mod, do not tell people that they have been roleblocked unless it is a jailing roleblock or they had an action that didn't go through as a result. but it varies from mod to mod. I swear there was something Allen said that was to the contrary in this game though, plus I have been getting flavor nightly about being undisturbed at night so that could be different if I had been targeted with a block.

yeah I've been getting the same messages, although looking through the thread all I could find was people saying they knew they'd been busdriven, which still sort of implies that you'd get a message when you were roleblocked as well

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Allen Wren posted:

You can go ahead and toss me if you like, I'm basically uninteresting and valueless as this game goes. I haven't been able to get a clue about anyone, so I've been throwing poo poo at the wall and hoping something sticks. The only point I can really address with a response other than "because it seemed like a good idea at the time" is Poque asking how I knew I hadn't been visited one night, and with that I was just rolling off the fact that I got busdriven the one night (as you saw in your read) and then I got a message saying nothing had happened that night. That is all, carry on.

blah yeah this is the post I was thinking about and I think it was made after he was supposedly roleblocked by FV.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
wait so why did he say this then

Allen Wren posted:

Good morning to all vultures.

If we're going to talk about our experiences, I was on a bus last night.

I don't think this is my house.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Cuz he was bus driven by EXAKT I think.

I'm putting together a chart of claimed night actions because there's just too much going on

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
ok I'm going to work, I'll try to keep abreast of the thread but I'm not gonna be able to do any serious heavy lifting until I get home but a chart of night actions in some kind of format you can post in the thread would be incredibly helpful imo since I really think we can nail this today

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i am WAY confused right now. Valk are you a roleblocker or role-reverser?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poque posted:

i am WAY confused right now. Valk are you a roleblocker or role-reverser?

My PM calls it a reflector. It specifically says it reflects the target's action back at them and that it doesn't work on hidden abilities.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Also I was roleblocked and doused last night.

This was the only post I noticed during the game from someone I used my night action on, so I figured it worked like a roleblock.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
kk. EXAKT specifically said he was blocked after N3 but as a busdriver that's basically the same thing as roleblocking (especially since he claimed to have targeted himself every night after N1)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
so working on the assumption that as a traitor Hiip was unable to perform the NK, I am inclined to vote for derp today. I'm still working on the action table but as it stands, if we have two scum left, derp would have to be one of them, otherwise the game is over right now. if there are two scum and derp is dying tonight regardless, then there's no way for us to win since we don't seem to have any way to stop a kill. If there's only one scum (and it isn't derp) then it puts us at worst in a 3-man lylo situation where we KNOW there's only one scum and we can confirm a bunch of things.

we have plenty of time and I don't want to drop it yet but that's where I am leaning at the moment

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So do you think scum withheld the NK? Since derp claims to have been the target.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
my item ive been carrying arround is a bandage. my sercret role was 'bleeder'. my ability activates when i'm the target of a kill. i put on the bandage to stop the bleeding, but it only stops it for a day then i die the next night. so no, its not a delayed kill or whatever, thats what my role does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So do you think scum withheld the NK? Since derp claims to have been the target.

If derp is scum then that's the case. If he's not scum then it could be MC ED or you.

• Locked thread