Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

this is dumb, and you're all hosers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

uh why would you do that

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I mean why would you announce it publicly

People sure are sharing a lot in this thread

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

I know Pig is lying about what happened to him N1, plus all of his hose nonsense is ridiculous.

Also GIlok has been playing super scummy all game and no one is holding them accountable for it.

I haven't had time, my life has been blowing up for the last week or so. I've been reading, just not really posting.

What are you talking about people jump up my rear end every time I post any sort of case at all. Except when I called out Bottle and was right and he fessed up, people were ok with that.

I'd also like to know why you think cpig is lying.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Wait, what am I doing about bus driver? what the hell are you talking about?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

That's it? The dude made an example using bus keys and I asked if he had bus keys. But I guess the bus driver is Exakt.

I actually thought bus driver was a scum role, but checking the wiki it can apparently be either town or scum.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I'm kind of eyeballing Epsilon too now, because he sure was quick to dig up something to case about when MC started looking at him.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

Dang, the things I miss while I sleep.

Okay.

I dunno if it's an artifact of the setup, or just my poo poo reads, but nobody's seriously pinging me as a megaobvious scumbo yet---specifically that no-one seems to be posting vastly out-of-character, so to speak.

Anyway. As regards the latest slapfight, I dunno. I can buy Anon as lurking scum, but something's not entirely sitting right with me on it. Dunno.

Mithross as guaranteed scum, lots of look-I'm-helpful comments on other people's moves, very little actual hunting. (I know, :ironicat:, right?)

##vote Mithross

This post is really scummy to me.

First the whole "Nobody is pinging scum to me" (with hilarious Freudian slip) and then in the same breath "Mithross is guaranteed scum."

Mithross has actually posted some useful comments, unlike Allen. This isn't to say Mithross isn't scum, because they can do that too, but "posting comments on people's moves" is basically how you play mafia. Maybe there's some grand meta-game I'm missing but looking at what people do and say and analyzing it is, as far as I can see, literally the entire game.

He vacillates on Anon without really talking about her posting (I'm assuming her because MC said her earlier and I trust him to spot cocks). Also him calling anyone a lurker is hilarious and Anon isn't lurking at all.

I'm pretty comfortable with this read considering it's all the information we've gotten from Allen so far. ##vote allen

I'd be cool with voting hiip too but my heart tells me that Allen is the way to go.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Mithross has posted very little content wise, mostly setup analysis, and needs to post more.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

nobody's seriously pinging me as a megaobvious scumbo yet

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

uranus posted:

more like plebeian slip

ah ha ha ha ah ha ha *puffs on pipe*

I like you. We can be friends.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Geez I wasn't seriously presenting it as evidence I just thought it was funny in light of the scumminess of the rest of his post. Was that post not scummy to you guys? Because this feels like a deflection from my actual argument.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

OK since everyone is laser focused on the loving joke in loving parentheses I'll repost what I said earlier without it and maybe someone will respond to my actual read. I am not backpedaling on Allen, I still think he's scummy, now more than ever.

Everything before this line is what Allen said and what I wrote before.

Allen Wren posted:

Dang, the things I miss while I sleep.

Okay.

I dunno if it's an artifact of the setup, or just my poo poo reads, but nobody's seriously pinging me as a megaobvious scumbo yet---specifically that no-one seems to be posting vastly out-of-character, so to speak.

Anyway. As regards the latest slapfight, I dunno. I can buy Anon as lurking scum, but something's not entirely sitting right with me on it. Dunno.

Mithross as guaranteed scum, lots of look-I'm-helpful comments on other people's moves, very little actual hunting. (I know, :ironicat:, right?)

##vote Mithross

This post is really scummy to me.

First the whole "Nobody is pinging scum to me" [joke removed here] and then in the same breath "Mithross is guaranteed scum."

Mithross has actually posted some useful comments, unlike Allen. This isn't to say Mithross isn't scum, because they can do that too, but "posting comments on people's moves" is basically how you play mafia. Maybe there's some grand meta-game I'm missing but looking at what people do and say and analyzing it is, as far as I can see, literally the entire game.

He vacillates on Anon without really talking about her posting (I'm assuming her because MC said her earlier and I trust him to spot cocks). Also him calling anyone a lurker is hilarious and Anon isn't lurking at all.

I'm pretty comfortable with this read considering it's all the information we've gotten from Allen so far. ##vote allen

I'd be cool with voting hiip too but my heart tells me that Allen is the way to go.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I meant everything after this line. Curse you, no editing rule.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I would consider Peta if he doesn't post something soon. His being a watcher seems pretty certain to me, but he could be a scum watcher or rolecop or something. He's been pretty lovely and low-effort this whole game and is probably one of the people Met got complaints about. I'm not getting a huge scum vibe off of him, except as a person, but it is really odd that he didn't get killed last night and that he also hasn't told us who he watched and what happened, having already claimed.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I think Allen is a much better vote today. I think we should give Peta one more night to present a useful watcher read or for scum to kill him, either way. If he can't do either I'm totally down to lynch him. I'm just not confident yet that he's scum rather than just an rear end in a top hat.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

if this is still where we're at in a couple hours I'm willing to hammer but I just don't think it's the best move.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Don't worry we'll lynch you soon

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I'm going to look so bad if Peta is scum but I'm gonna stick to my guns and let Mithoss hammer. I think Peta is an rear end in a top hat town.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

What's great about mafia is everything I do looks scummy and I never have any idea why.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I was totally wrong about Peta, I'm really bad at mafia.

So both of the people voting for me are raging fucklords. Does anyone who hasn't sucked a goat's rear end in a top hat have a read?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I don't know who that is.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I don't know because I don't know what I've said to sound scummy!

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Well on that last thing was kind of rude but I'm frustrated.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I apologize for that post, real life stuff is putting me on edge.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

uranus posted:

iam very eager to hear what your opinion of cheesburger man is, also valerian steele

I no longer have any idea who is in this game.

Ok I've had a day to chill and I'd like to seriously apologize again for raging out earlier. Exact, Hiip, I'm seriously sorry I was an rear end in a top hat and I said you sucked goat rear end, and if you do like to perform analingus on goats it is none of my business and I won't judge your lifestyle.

So what in the hell is going on with MC and uranus now?

I like uranus because he's funny. His posting has been pretty irrelevant to the game so I'm having a hard time judging if he's actually scummy or just kind of...how he is.

I'm going to reread things and sleep on it and post more in the morning.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I cannot for the life of my figure out who cheesburger man is.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

What makes you think so?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Look how excited we all are!

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I'm pretty sure uranus was just being a tard there about the masonry. Allen sure does want to test that stupid joke. I'll go back in a minute and see if he wanted to test the daycop gambit too. Ep, is there anyone you particularly suspect of being cultists? That's kind of an interesting idea to drop this late in the day.

So I still don't like Allen or Hiipfire because they've only contributed noise. Maybe that's not a scum tell on day one or two but by day four if you're still just jumping in, being lovely, and leaving, you're not trying to find scum.

Exact has presented cases mainly through insulting people. Looking at his posts he jumps around to different targets a lot and doesn't seem to present anything hard. I admit I may be biased because he's been up my rear end from day one.

MC is basically dragging this game along by himself and doing all the hard work so he's either super-town or he's really good at playing scum. I'm hoping it's the former.

Uranus is a complete null tell for me. I definitely don't think he's being useful but is he scum or did he just get lost on his way to BYOB?

I'm most suspicious of Allen, Hiip, or Exakt right now. I'll ##vote Hiip for now but I wouldn't need much prompting to switch to the other two.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

Oh, this is going to be one of THOSE games. I continue to lament the death of jokephase.

Sorry I'm not s c u m h u n t i n g hard enough for you, but when I see a bunch of people acting like uranus's content is even worth paying attention to, I'm gonna point out either vote him out or don't because that's all you're going to get from him.

There's this here. Why do you believe THAT joke and not the first one?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Allen Wren posted:

I just want to plorp uranus, tbh.

##vote uranus

What the hell does plorp mean you keep saying that like it's english

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Allen sure likes using meta. He's mentioned it several times this game.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Met posted:

People who are offended by the word "Lynch", or think people should be too offended to use it in a game, are trying to come up with alternatives.

oh my god

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Poque posted:

wait scum peta watched derp? lol ##vote derp

Which one is derp?

I feel like I'm on fuckin' mars with you people

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Apparently derp is uranus. ok. That fits pretty well actually.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Not sure why you think Exakt is town, I don't.

I'm as willing to ##vote allen today as I've ever been and his last post sounds like scum wringing their hands and going "Oh, go ahead, lynch me, innocent townie that I am"

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

That's -2 for those keeping track.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Met posted:

Good morning!

Remaining Players (9)
Epsilon Plus
EXAKT Science
fiery_valkyrie
Gilok
Hiipfire
MC Eating Disorder
Mithross
Poque
uranus

It is now Day 5!

Woah, nobody died! Go town!

Well lets lynch scum today. I'm kind of liking uranus for scum now, he's protesting a lot about how innocent he is.

Say, is it possible for the arsonist to be scum? That would explain why we had two, unless we had an arsonist cult or something.

Man the setup for this game makes my head hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

Maybe a doc hit? Gilok did anything happen to you last night?

You bus drove me again. At least I'm assuming it was you.

• Locked thread