Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

"Walking Schwindel, smart move."

Put me in as a replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Hi I'm replacing into this game! But I don't know who I'm replacing but hi anyway, anyway bye

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

MC Eating Disorder posted:

oh look hiipfire dropped into the thread again to do absolutely nothing of note and trash talk people trying to make actual cases what a surprise

##vote hiipfire

that's just hiipfire though

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Someone tell me who the confirmed towns are so I don't vote them by accident, i'm mostly caught up on the game except for the last day or so

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

Also this is super scum-mode Poque, red alert.

did you just make that up?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

uranus and i are indeed masons, if by mason you mean "are talking about game of thrones and survivor on gchat"

in the game I am just a person who screams at night

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

I can't confirm or deny a masonry, but I am at least 50% sure there's a cult.

can you explain this further?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

i think i get it. i'll follow E+ today

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

confirming me what?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

Anyway. As regards the latest slapfight, I dunno. I can buy Anon as lurking scum, but something's not entirely sitting right with me on it. Dunno.

as far as I can see, aside from responding to her twice, this is the only time you ever mentioned Anon and you hedged on it. what about my intro posts sent you into red alert when you didn't have a clear opinion on the person i was replacing?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

The third option is not including me in a chain because I don't think one way or another that Poque or uranus are cults. I think uranus is scum. I'm just giving you guys information before the reaper's spectral blade takes me to Townhalla.

if you expect to be killed why are you withholding info? that doesn't really mesh with

Epsilon Plus posted:

No. It would greatly diminish my value to the town.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

Any information I have becomes public on my death. Town has nothing to lose from me withholding information.

I still think Uranus is the right choice today.

but now they won't kill you...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

Because I have a handle on you-as-scum, not so much her-as-scum.

so it's entirely meta from what, Ramones? I'd hope you can see how those situations are different. I'd love for you to try to link up that game against a single post and make any kind of sense out of it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

wait scum peta watched derp? lol ##vote derp

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Gilok posted:

Which one is derp?

I feel like I'm on fuckin' mars with you people

derp is uranus, it is his old username, sorry.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

HiipFire posted:

oh my god you do realize constantly repeating the same poo poo isn't gonna magically make people agree with you right?

vote for derp, the guy the scum watched

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

I think you already named everybody

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

I dont think there's anything scummy about MC, if he is scum he is currently earning it. Derp gimme a good reason why a scum watcher would watch town and not use it protectively

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

uranus posted:

please read allens post history everyone, that is all. good day!

I just don't get his posts on my meta and he didnt answer my questions

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

nobody answers my questions, even when the obvious answer is "to catch a cop looking at the most erratic player"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

it's pretty easy to be right when you finger every person left in the game..

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

uranus posted:

this narrative being pushed that i'm 'anti town' is backed by nothing other than repeating it over and over.

frustrating ain't it?

uranus posted:

would happily kill allen, or poque (one of my good internet friends!) because thats how scummy he is

uranus posted:

oh dear. poque is scum :(

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Poque posted:

I dont think there's anything scummy about MC, if he is scum he is currently earning it. Derp gimme a good reason why a scum watcher would watch town and not use it protectively

uranus posted:

you know better than that pock, or town pock would. what peta decided to do, or decided to claim to do with his power, has nothign to do with my alignment and i don't need to try to explain or defend his actions. scum mindset, right here. looking for a 'gotcha' to get me killed

derp is scum because when asked a simple question with a simple answer he went full-rage, deflected, and refused to answer. which ironically was a better answer than the answer i expected

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

uranus posted:

you've been in this game for like 3 posts, poque, you can't complain yet

sure i can, you made two "poque is scum" posts without backing them up. just like allen.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

uranus posted:

i thought you were trying to entrap me with bullshit like everyone else.

if you think it is a trap, it becomes a trap. how's that for 'scum mindset'?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

THAT'S ROOSEVELT BABYYYYYYYY

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

HiipFire posted:

Poque is already the best poster in this thread only a couple posts in

good poo poo

you're buddying everywhere but where it counts

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

hmm hmmmm ##unvote

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

I'd rather ##vote Allen

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Allen has spent the entire game doing setup speculation, doing admitted self-deprecation as though that excuses poor play, and casing almost exclusively on meta that doesn't even make sense.

Gilok had a very good point about one of Allen's posts where he said that he had no target but also called out a "guaranteed scum" (Mithross):

Allen Wren posted:

Dang, the things I miss while I sleep.

Okay.

I dunno if it's an artifact of the setup, or just my poo poo reads, but nobody's seriously pinging me as a megaobvious scumbo yet---specifically that no-one seems to be posting vastly out-of-character, so to speak.

Anyway. As regards the latest slapfight, I dunno. I can buy Anon as lurking scum, but something's not entirely sitting right with me on it. Dunno.

Mithross as guaranteed scum, lots of look-I'm-helpful comments on other people's moves, very little actual hunting. (I know, :ironicat:, right?)

##vote Mithross

Gilok posted:

This post is really scummy to me.

First the whole "Nobody is pinging scum to me" (with hilarious Freudian slip) and then in the same breath "Mithross is guaranteed scum."

Mithross has actually posted some useful comments, unlike Allen. This isn't to say Mithross isn't scum, because they can do that too, but "posting comments on people's moves" is basically how you play mafia. Maybe there's some grand meta-game I'm missing but looking at what people do and say and analyzing it is, as far as I can see, literally the entire game.

He vacillates on Anon without really talking about her posting (I'm assuming her because MC said her earlier and I trust him to spot cocks). Also him calling anyone a lurker is hilarious and Anon isn't lurking at all.

I'm pretty comfortable with this read considering it's all the information we've gotten from Allen so far. ##vote allen

I'd be cool with voting hiip too but my heart tells me that Allen is the way to go.

but allen's responses to this was to latch onto the "freudian" part of the comment and ignore the rest of it entirely:

Allen Wren posted:

"freudian slip"

what the gently caress are you on about

Allen Wren posted:

seriously don't see what's freudian about it

the thread of conversation disappears after that, which is what posts like Allen's are designed to try to do - latch on to something tertiary to draw attention away from the actual case involved in a post.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

Chicken butter masala was a good call.

Okay back now.

I don't particularly have a defense as to my lovely posting, but I guarantee you I'm not scum.

Seeing as I'm the top contender right now, I'll reiterate for future case-making purposes - I'm VT, I appear to have been busdriven night one, but was not visited night two. My item is a vest, which appears to have no utility at this time.

How do you know you weren't visited if you're VT?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

i'm not going to be around at deadline as I have bowling tonight but I would really really really like people to look at Allen's post history because it's terrible.

like almost every post includes some kind of "bad play but lol I admit it" post: (1), (2), (3), (4)

or a read that isn't actually a read because it's based entirely on meta: (1), (2), (3), (4), (5)

or setup speculation: (1), (2)

or just straight up worthless filler: (1), (2), (3), (4)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Poque, can you expand on your thoughts between this

and this

I still have no issues thinking derp is scum, but he (or somebody) made a post asking us to read Allen's post history and I did and it's way worse. Allen also pinged me weirdly by throwing in an alleged read on my meta when the only time he's seen me as scum was in a game where he was the moderator and knew I was scum from the beginning. He hasn't answered any of my questions, just avoided them like he avoided Gilok's case with the "freudian" stuff.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

My first thought then is, like, that's either a real masonry and EP is just throwing scummy shade, or we've got a cult. Starting to like the sound of dunking uranus to test it and either confirming Poque and dunking EP or vice versa.

Then again, there's probably a third option I'm not thinking of.

(Also in before "setting up chains is scummy.")

I would like you to expand on this further because I don't see any connection between "there might be a cult" and "lynching derp will test the cult and confirm Poque"

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

Probably killed by Kleedrac's one shot nightkill

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

It wasn't kleedrac that visited you that night though it was wwm

WWM visited me, Kleedrac visited WWM. i don't think that would count as kleedrac visiting me but would still account for the death.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

we've had two nights with only one kill though, and we have a flipped extra NK. really I think that just implies that somebody's BP.

don't think you'll have any trouble getting people to stay away from me anyway since i expect I would scream out the name of my murderer if they came a-knocking and a-stabbing

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

based on what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

yeah even night SK was my original thought but you're kind of right. It's still a huge coincidence kleedrac hit someone that targeted you but it's possible. That said, I think the fact that your role would actively discourage scum from killing you is quite problematic as town for balance reasons. In a game with at least 1 3p and the possibility of 2 more (if we believe both EP and exakt) it doesn't seem very 'fair' to have a townie you just can't target at all without getting fingered

I don't understand the dismissal of what is the most likely happenstance. it's just as much of a coincidence that my role was activated by a town than someone targeting that town in the first place. Is your train of thought "this is unfair for scum, therefore it must be scum" because that's a bad way of going about it

• Locked thread