Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh I guess we could no-lynch too to test his bandage claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Well not in the case of two scum actually now that I think about it

oh that's a good call.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Mithross and MCED, has anything happened to you on any night (that you know of)?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

EXAKT Science posted:

Also I was roleblocked and doused last night.

as far as I'm concerned this post confirms that FV's action took place before EXAKT's since EXAKT said he bussed himself with somebody every night after N1

(this was referring to N3)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

here's what I think we have right now, the colors are pretty fluid so don't put too much stock into it. Derp claimed to be bus driven N2 (along with Gilok) but EXAKT said that he bus drove himself every night after N1. EXAKT was also shot N5 in addition to being exploded, but it could've been a victim of bus driving as well.

E+ said something weird about not thinking there was any doctor action N4, hence the "nothing?" there.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I feel like items have to mean something since we had a town investigator but it seems like the items were pretty much just red herrings. "Check a player at night for items related to their role" is so odd with no straight-up alignment cop

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I guess if the two arsonists had the same item that could've been useful but item names aren't flipping when people are dying.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i want to kill derp and have valk use the roleblock on me.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
As far as I can tell that is a no-lose proposition.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
nope not no-lose, if FV is the scum she'd just kill me and I'd scream her name and it would "clear" her

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Awwwwwwwwwwwww I'm sad that it's over, that was fun. Nice final group there. I was feeling Valk more than anybody on that last day but I really can't place why...like, you never seemed too desperate? You played it super well because the only thoughts I had were ones I could not articulate. Voting derp was literally just to put us hopefully in a 3-[wo]man lylo situation where we'd have more info about who was telling the truth.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I totally figured MCED was a princess and absolutely did not want to say it out loud because it would've made it gg on this final day even if there had been only one scum, haha. I was right that nobody was vanilla!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Scum MVP is FV for sure, I always respect high-post-volume scum games. Mith you did a really good job too, I really didn't suspect you much at the end there and you didn't just blend in either. MC ED is definitely town MVP if there is such a thing in a losing effort. I would like to talk up my own game but really I was only good when it came to analyzing the setup, I feel most responsible for that one actual mislynch so :cry: a bit there.

I gotta say though, though I really really liked the amnesia concept and the setup had cool roles, it was balanced hard away from town. No-lynch was pretty much the only option for D1 given how the setup was presented, and there was a >50% chance that it just turned into a free kill on town, meaning we were playing as a 9 man town team against 6 non-towns once we actually hard our role PMs, and it could have been worse if Kleedrac had used his kill N1 and hit another town. There were also three town doused with gasoline after N1 as well. We only mislynched once (1.5 times if you include the no-lynch) and ended up losing. I would probably just drop the traitor from the game entirely and make it a 15-player setup.

But don't take that personally or even as a real shot against the game - it was still absolutely winnable and a lot of fun! I LOVE setup spec and trying to solve games, it's my favorite part of mafia, and this game had tons of it for me. I was going to come in on D6 at -1 and ask Gilok to claim and then unvote if he owned up to being the arsonist, since it didn't make sense to lynch him that day as nobody was doused. If we could've hit scum then, we would've had a shot. Sadly I came back to see that Mith had already hammered.

I had a lot of fun though! It hurt a lot that the arsonists didn't end up killing any scum since Peta was already dead.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
it was my first time in four games that I wasn't in a doc with somebody (mason recruiter, SK with helper, scum in the previous three) and it was really bizarre to not be able to bounce ideas off of somebody else!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Allen Wren posted:

I'm not a great player, but goddamn do I have good instincts.

Yeah, that ended up being a really good call. Sadly I (and others) focused on the wrong parts of that post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i didn't even realize til now that a moon avatar replaced another moon avatar. :hfive:

• Locked thread