Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

Currently replaying SWAT 4, watching as my fellow officers kill suspects that could have been saved had they waited for the CS gas grenade to go off. Killed basically every suspect during the nightclub mission. My first attempt by using less than lethal weapons wound up with everyone dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I only ever played swat 2 but it was cool because you could play as the terrorists and the last missions were you trying to escape from your trailer park compound while swat attacked and then trying to board a commercial airliner to flee the country if I remember right

Korthal
May 26, 2011

In topical news, I meant to use a taser on a civilian refusing to comply, accidentally pulled out my M4A1. Whoopsie Doodles.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Apparently that Takedown Red Sabre game turned out to be poo poo but looked promising.

Rainbow Six Siege looks interesting but the scale looks way smaller than I'd like.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

metricchip posted:

Apparently that Takedown Red Sabre game turned out to be poo poo but looked promising.

Rainbow Six Siege looks interesting but the scale looks way smaller than I'd like.

I don't want to play a game where I'm some elite dude taking down terrorists with operator guns, I just want to be a SWAT guy doing a drug warrant and having to decide if I need to shoot the guy who's not dropping his weapon.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Deb is whore.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

metricchip posted:

Yeah isn't that game 4v4. It's a shame because it has a lot of cool stuff like shooting holes in walls.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
SWAT 4 is probably the best FPS ever made. :smith:

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

swat 4 was awesome except the times when you got shot in the leg and had to limp around looking for the final hostage or whatever.

rainbow six siege looks like poo poo, the last good one was raven shield.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
SWAT 5 will be a moba

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

my morning jackass posted:

swat 4 was awesome except the times when you got shot in the leg and had to limp around looking for the final hostage or whatever.

rainbow six siege looks like poo poo, the last good one was raven shield.

Vegas 1/2 were good if you pretended they weren't rainbow six games

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

SWAT 5 will be a moba

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

SWAT 5 will be a moba

I main this guy. He's got excellent crowd control abilities that make him invaluable in a team fight.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fat riot cops placidly spraying cowering people with poo poo, is probably the funniest reminder of the hell world we live in... Very epic.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That cop is Epic

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i missed a beanbag grenade shot one time in swat 4 and did the sickest super long range headshot on a civilian ever

blamed it on a friend

Korthal
May 26, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I main this guy. He's got excellent crowd control abilities that make him invaluable in a team fight.

Bear Mace for SWAT 5.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I always left my SWAT 4 teammates in the first cupboard I could find because the AI was so Fail

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I always left my SWAT 4 teammates in the first cupboard I could find because the AI was so Fail

the ai wasn't too bad. raven shield had awesome ai who would all stand in front of a door, open it wide, then get shot one by one trying to throw a grenade in the room. it was nearly impossible to have a team survive if you didn't control them

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

The only SWAT game I've played is SWAT 3. When I got really bored I would challenge myself by trying to kill my entire squad of officers and all the enemy's in the level without dieing. It was pretty fun.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

"In other news, tonight an attempt was made on the South Korean Ambassador's life. He was taken to the hospital, but gunmen stormed the building. SWAT stormed the building, but all 5 officers were killed, because they were all using paintball guns. In this reporter's opinion, there are times when getting a 100/100 isn't worth it."

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE NAZIS?
nonlethal is easy mode until the final mission. in a different game that would be annoying like bosses in hr, but here it makes sense.

its is irrationals best game and this

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

is the worst way to play it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i'll gently caress you up buddy

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

i forget how its done exactly, if there re several entrances to a room you can position your guys there and have them storm the room all at once through different doors like a reel swat team. i think it involves using their cameras. leaving a guy to watch a corridor or a dorrway is another basic tactic

now that i thik about irrational has always had great ai say we you want about bioshock infinity but in a game where you always have a companion and large enemies that follow you everywhere, use the rails and jump around, i didnt see any ai issues.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i think you could split your team up into twos and position them at different doors but there was no way to simultaneously have them breach and enter until the expansion.

i won't even ask for swat 5, just put swat 4 on a digital store somewhere

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I want the option to rough ride suspects that I arrest in SWAT 5.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Korthal posted:

"In other news, tonight an attempt was made on the South Korean Ambassador's life. He was taken to the hospital, but gunmen stormed the building. SWAT stormed the building, but all 5 officers were killed, because they were all using paintball guns. In this reporter's opinion, there are times when getting a 100/100 isn't worth it."

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

loga mira posted:

i forget how its done exactly, if there re several entrances to a room you can position your guys there and have them storm the room all at once through different doors like a reel swat team. i think it involves using their cameras. leaving a guy to watch a corridor or a dorrway is another basic tactic

now that i thik about irrational has always had great ai say we you want about bioshock infinity but in a game where you always have a companion and large enemies that follow you everywhere, use the rails and jump around, i didnt see any ai issues.

isn't that because the companion basically didn't interact with the game at all, besides occasionally tossing you some ammo or w/e

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
really kind of doubt there was much continuity between the team that made SWAT 4 (2005) and Bioshock: Infinity (2013)

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
SWAT 5 can have fun missions like where you and your team get shitfaced at a strip club and then see if you can successfully drive everyone home hammered at 5am going the wrong way on the interstate at high speeds.

Maybe a mini-game like that game in Zelda Ocarina of Time where you put the little bomb mice into the targets but with flash-bangs and baby cribs?

The rest of the missions are no-knock raids on wrong addresses and video game swating pranks. Maybe drive a tank into a chicken coop with Steven Seagal?

You know, real life poo poo that cops actually do.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

SWAT 5's final mission should involve riot control.

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

the next moh cod tottaly gonna have a mission like that the big controversy like with the airport. thr real question is if its gonna be american or foreign but people obviously want to shoot rioters at this point

PleasingFungus posted:

isn't that because the companion basically didn't interact with the game at all, besides occasionally tossing you some ammo or w/e

she doesnt do much besides acting and moving naturally. like when you enter a room she goes off to check things out or she may sit down, she may wander off and look for stuff then she picks it up or points at it. the way she follows the player is also natural unlike the rubberbanding bots in most games with npc companions

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dead Gay Romans posted:

SWAT 5 can have fun missions like where you and your team get shitfaced at a strip club and then see if you can successfully drive everyone home hammered at 5am going the wrong way on the interstate at high speeds.

Maybe a mini-game like that game in Zelda Ocarina of Time where you put the little bomb mice into the targets but with flash-bangs and baby cribs?

The rest of the missions are no-knock raids on wrong addresses and video game swating pranks. Maybe drive a tank into a chicken coop with Steven Seagal?

You know, real life poo poo that cops actually do.

Thats more like a True Crime sequel

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
swat 4 multiplayer was great since you could taze and tear gas your friends and not stop until they shoot you in the leg

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Remember how SWAT 3 had a realistically scaled airport? Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Korthal posted:

In topical news, I meant to use a taser on a civilian refusing to comply, accidentally pulled out my M4A1. Whoopsie Doodles.

thr US police force in action

little bit of topical humour for you there, imps

• Locked thread