Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Wait, so let me see if I got this straight.

In this game the Funds rank takes half your items cost into account, or in other words, their sell price.

So buying items, rather then being neutral, actually decreases your Funds ranking?

Eagerly awaiting to see how Bad Roy can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Melth posted:

What about support grinding? Should that be legal? Like what I did at the end of chapter 1 where I just waited 10 turns with them next to each other (and Roy) to get their supports early.

Frankly I think if you actually manage to get Supports using the hideously slow GBA Support System and still manage to SS Rank it I'll be impressed.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dieck :swoon:

Dieck is arguably the single best character in the game. Being a reliable powerhouse from stage 2.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Krumbsthumbs posted:

That massive con of his means he can wield just about any sword with no penalty from the start, which is nice when the game throws swarms of ax users at you in random chapters.

The Steel Blade is the only sword in the game to give Dieck a speed penalty, a grand total of -1 Speed. Then he promotes and even that doesn't weigh him down anymore.

Granted, upon promotion there will be Axes that weigh him down. But he can use Hand Axes (AKA the most important Axe for Heroes) without penalty.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

There are a lot of little quality of life improvements from FE6 to FE7 that you suddenly realize you miss if you go back.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Glad to see that Bors sets the standard for Knights everywhere.

Seriously :laffo: at almost dying to two Soldiers.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Man Lot's looking good.

Also man Sue's just screwed over in terms of growths. A bow user with a 30% Strength growth.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Wow that's 3 STR level up in a row. Good job Sue.

Lot's doing great too.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pretty sure at Serenes they base their tiering purely off LTC rather then rank.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The problem with Fir is that by the time you get her you've already gotten Rutger who is most likely awesome so why bother with a level 1 version of him?

And your Strength Blessed Sue continues to amuse me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Melth posted:

What swordmasters really need is for swords not to suck. That's their problem. If there was a throwing knife weapon or something like that with 1-2 range as a sword, they'd be alright.

[intsys]But Swords are used by the main character so they must be good. :downs:[/intsys]

• Locked thread