Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012
Glad you're playing FE6 through too! The max rank requirements are much more lax than FE7. An average of 20 turns a chapter is a lot. Out of curiosity, how did you find out the turn limit for Chapter 1?

As before, you'll want to limit your purchases until you get the Silver Card. At least the game gives plenty of gold and treasure.

From Serenes Forest, and my own experience playing through the bonuses for FE6 HM are 3+ceiling(chapter/2). Oh, and for the first 5 chapters, the hard mode bonus is doubled because of a bug with having no Battle Preparations. Good luck! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012

Melth posted:

The average of these averages is 11.7 (and as a reminder the chapter 1 one was 8.2). I also know the number for chapter 5 was 11 at minimum with certainty because one enemy had gained enough points in HP that he had to have 11 hidden levels.

Both of those numbers are approximately 1 above NeoRontheNeuron’s formula’s prediction, but that could just be random fluctuation. I’d be interested in seeing the original discussion that formula came from if it’s still around somewhere.

Actually, the formula is 3+ceiling(chapter/2) [x2 since this is Chapter 5]. So the enemies are expected to have 6*2 = 12 bonus levels on this chapter.

I searched around, but I could not rediscover the page that mentioned the bug. I instead found a link to the Serenes Forest wiki on enemy stats/HM bonuses though. It corroborates the HM bonus formula, but doesn't explain why it works that way.

NeoRonTheNeuron
Oct 14, 2012

Melth posted:

I'm 90% sure they just had no idea what they were doing and didn't really think it through, figuring no one would care.

Yeah, the numbers seem pretty arbitrary. In my current playthrough, XP and tactics haven't turned out to be problems. I've been done with the final XP requirement for a few chapters, but this may have been a mistake. I've come to the sad realization that I may not succeed at Combat. Enemies have been pretty tough (since hard mode bonuses scale with chapter), and many are loaded with ranged weapons.

Funds is easy though. Promote people, and use your stat boosters!

Ah, I see that you've posted your current status, and you have the same issue with combat rank. :(

NeoRonTheNeuron fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 25, 2015

• Locked thread