Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Back in the days of the NES, I noticed a lot of rather prominent names in the video game industry today were usually found credited under aliases as opposed to their real names. Was there a particular reason for using aliases when being credited on video games back then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Slur posted:

Back in the days of the NES, I noticed a lot of rather prominent names in the video game industry today were usually found credited under aliases as opposed to their real names. Was there a particular reason for using aliases when being credited on video games back then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lSwwqDpoVc

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Still funny

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
Rename me to Yuukichan's Papa

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

lkl

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
*goes down thread clicking every video to play at the same time* fred fuchs

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

op its because the publishers wanted all the credit for games and japanese workers do what they're told.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
putting your real name on something that fails is japanese business suicide so people used pseudonyms until they knew something would work out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Doctor Goat posted:

putting your real name on something that fails is japanese business suicide so people used pseudonyms until they knew something would work out

Thank you.

• Locked thread