Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

was it a bad game? ME and DA1 and 2 had massive threads sperging about relationships and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

there was and it was active, and it was a good game

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Uncle Wemus posted:

was it a bad game? ME and DA1 and 2 had massive threads sperging about relationships and poo poo

yes

Soral
May 30, 2009

im pretty sure i posted in the dragon age 3 thread

Soral
May 30, 2009

it was probably a gay post though so its no loss

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i heard it was okay then i heard there were technical issues then i just kind of forgot about it, but i'm intensely busy these days so i can't say i'd have the time to play it even if i owned it.

i can't wait until i'm old, then i'll retire and have time to play all the video games i missed out on.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It was ok but it wore out its welcome way before I finished it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was the op of the imp zone DA3 thread iirc, and the one in Games is still active because I see it on the front page of my bookmarks all the time.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
I never played past the first one but my brother made the third game look...palatable? I'm only ever into it for the sake of RP but I find the game itself has too many time sinks and too large a world for such a linear single player experience. I think if I was as bored and lonely as I was when I played the first I'd be more into the third, I really like the opportunities to be a prick but then I remember watching him fight spiders and I decide to play something else.

I really want...to want to play it?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
DA3 was to me, an incredibly bland game that I kept playing hoping for it to pay off. That said I don't regret buying it and playing it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Average Bear posted:

DA3 was to me, an incredibly bland game that I kept playing hoping for it to pay off. That said I don't regret buying it and playing it

o_O

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
please play good games

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I was the op of the imp zone DA3 thread iirc, and the one in Games is still active because I see it on the front page of my bookmarks all the time.

try bookmarking a clue

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

please play good games

that's why wer'e discussiong bioware games

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
fag-on gay stink-uisition

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I'm going to play it op

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

if it ain't got tali vas normandy i don't wanto hear about it!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

that's why wer'e discussiong bioware games

lol

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It was okay. If the story went on for another third and they spread out the filler content more itd be better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Red Suit posted:

It was okay. If the story went on for another third and they spread out the filler content more itd be better

You want the game that already had filler content to be longer?

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

You want the game that already had filler content to be longer?

I wanted amore story for the same amount of filler

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It won GOTY awards, 2014 must have been a lovely year for gaming.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Unguided posted:

So did Bioshock Infinite.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Unguided posted:

the gently caress>

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Unguided posted:

Bayonetta 2 was released in 2014

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

wRPG FAIL.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I gave it GOTY... Gay of the Year. Its presentation of homosexuality was empowering.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nanomashoes posted:

I gave it GOTY... Gay of the Year. Its presentation of homosexuality was empowering.

I was mad at first when I read this, but now I'm slowly nodding my head in agreement.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I heard the gay relationships were portrayed as a joke and the lesbo ELF's romance was a trainwreck

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
It would be prejudiced of Bioware to portray homosexual relationships as any less of a joke than their heterosexual ones

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i didn't like dragon age if you did i guess we disagree.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i played like halfway through and it just made me wanna play dragon's dogma instead, so i replayed that

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

try bookmarking a clue

Bookkmark my rear end.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

SM64Guy posted:

i played like halfway through and it just made me wanna play dragon's dogma instead, so i replayed that

this is a good decision

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This game is insanely epic. Hell, I'm even going to beat it sometime. Stay tuned gamers.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pewdiepie posted:

This game is insanely epic. Hell, I'm even going to beat it sometime. Stay tuned gamers.

I had to slog my way through it in the end.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SM64Guy posted:

i just bought dd. any pro strats?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Falsum posted:

Bayonetta 2 was released in 2014

2014 was the year they gave the GOTY award to Inquisition instead of Bayonetta 2. Bad year for gaming.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who's They

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Educated and wise gamers the world over.

• Locked thread